Tim Kerlee - 12th Man

382,185 Views | 1425 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Jack Boyette
ChargerAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bonfire will always live in my heart
3rd Generation Ag
AG
ttt
SeaAGGIE05
AG
"I'm here when you need me, even when you think you don't."

So Sayeth the 12th Man.

[This message has been edited by SeaAGGIE05 (edited 6/25/2003 3:01p).]
fred04
I am class of '04, so I never had a chance to experience bonfire first hand, but I did have the chance to be a counselor in FishCamp with Tim's Parents were the namesake. I just want to make sure everyone knows, Tim's story and the story of all the Kerlees is the story we all tell at Camp. No quote, no other personal experience, no football game or anything like that shows us near what Tim taught us : How to be a real aggie!
TimsParents
S
Memorial groundbreaking was this morning. We know all twelve of you were there!
Love,
Mom & Dad
Fairview
AG
Here
carino99
AG
I got an e-mail asking about the photo from an Aggie, Class of '06. Guess the image wasn't showing up, but it was for me. Anyhow, I am amazed that this post is still alive, that the Kerlees visit it and post.

It is certainly a photograph for the ages. And a what a story.

Mr. and Mrs. Kerlee, I am amazed that you would transplant yourselves in Aggieland after your son's death. What grace! What understanding of the Aggie spirit... of Christian spirit. May the Lord continue to sustain you, to use you.

I look forward to meeting you, if not in this life, in the next. And I certainly look forward to meeting your son. The Lord return for us soon.

Cariño ’99
Exiled Texan in Land of Potatoes
Philippians 4:6-7
AeroAg06
I just read the book that Tim's mom wrote and it is an amazing story! I had heard a little about Tim's story before that, but I did not know what an incredible person he was. He seemed like a friend to all and definitely the epitome of the 12th Man! I read the part about the angel in the photograph of him and so I got on the internet to search for it and found it on this site. Wow! What an amazing testament to the power of prayer! God definitely watches over his own.

Mr & Mrs. Kerlee, thank you for sharing Tim's story. It honestly was an amazing story about God's love and and His promises to us.

Anybody who has not read this book most definitely should. You will be amazed. Just be prepared to cry...
SeaAGGIE05
AG
Never forgotten.

To always be honored.

The 12th Man of the Fightin' Texas Aggies
LittleAggie2003
Sitting here missing Aggieland... Thinking about all the memories I have of being there. This is a memory that I will never let die. God Bless the Aggie angels. I am so very glad I got to know Tim the little bit that I did during new student orientation.
TimsParents
S
Thanks Little Aggie. Drop us an E-Mail at <thekerlees@yahoo.com>

Gig'Em & God Bless
clifford51
This thread is truly amazing. The strength of the Kerlee's is awe inspiring.

God Bless and Gig 'em
AustinTheAggie
just wanted to say to tims parents,

we havent forgotten... time goes on, people move on, get jobs, families, etc.. but things like this, a family as large as ATM and people like your son, nobody forgets...

hope you are doing well
TimsParents
S
Thanks Austin! We are doing well. I know Tim and all the others are watching over those students involved in off campus bonfires and praying that safety is paramount. Fun is great but not at the expense of safety!

Gig'Em & God Bless
lokisd
Hello,

This is the first time that I have visited this list, so let me introduce myself. I am Paul S. Martin or "Bubba" which was my kamp name on the Kia Kima staph from 1993-1997. I knew Tim and he was always an exceptional young man.

The last time I remember spending time with him was the morning after "Star Wars: The Phantom Menance" was released. A group of us had met up at the Malco Theater in Germantown for a private screening of the movie and after the movie we all sat out in the parking lot talking about days at kamp, and where our future's were taking us.

That fall when I heard of the terrible news I was so saddened by the loss...Well I just wanted to let u know that Tim has not been forgotten. I am now living back in Greenville, Ms and helping out with my former high school band. Well the color guard instructor who is from Germantown and I got to talking about things and so forth on the ride back from a game this past friday night. Some how our conversation turned to the Aggies and the Bonfire and the collapse. Well she told me that one of her friends had called her upset and crying upon hearing the news of Tim...

I believe all of us that knew Tim cried...I have not read the book but would be interested in reading it.

God's Love,

--Paul S. Martin
Washington County Sheriff's Department
K-9 Services of Washington County
United K-9 Services, Inc
PO Box 955
Greenville, MS 38702
northsidegreek06
AG
I left cut for student bonfire this aftrnoon to come home and study. This wasn't the first time that I have visited this thread, but I have never read it in it's entirity until today. Lately, I have been emotional about bonfire stuff...as a member of the class of 06, I was not around in Bonfire days and I think it is really sad that we don't know so much that had to do with Bonfire and the fall. People say that campus is different and that we (the new classes) don't know what the classes that were here at the time went through. As that may be true, I still would like to say that we are all part of the Aggie family and we all hurt together...we're all here for support and love. That's part of the Aggie Spirit.

The monday after Levi's funeral, a couple of us were hanging out in the chicken and one of my friends said "It is the best and the worst thing to be a part of the Aggie family. We all hurt when we lose one."

After reading this thread, I don't think we ever lose one of us - not if we let them live on through us. Tim, the 12, Levi and all other passed ags live on in our hearts. Although I have never met Tim or his family, I can tell that he was an amazing person and A&M was more than blessed to have had a person like him.

Tim's parents - I am a first generation Ag and my brother just transferred in this semester. My parents had never been to a yell practice until last friday. I got choked up just thinking about how much devotion ya'll have to us all! We were touched, and although I do not know you personally, I feel you are more than deserving of the honor of being parents of the year! Congratulations and thank you for all you have done for us. Thank you for sharing Tim with the Aggie family. He lives on.
SeaAGGIE05
AG
Howdy Mr & Mrs Kerlee,

Just wanted to say Thank You for continuing your support of A&M and Aggies. I saw you (as did everyone else at the Kansas game).

I hope all is well, and if I don't post here later, wish you a good holiday season.

With admiration,
SeaAGGIE05
Professor
Today, like every day, we remember.

Here.
bernie06
AG
"It is the best and the worst thing to be a part of the Aggie family. We all hurt when we lose one."

Amen to that...
As well...

Here
Supercharged
here i make the 300th post on the topic 4 years after bonfire fell. I find it truly amazing to see people come together and keep this thread alive time and time again. As the anniversary falls upon us again this year, we will remember the 12 as we do each day, as we will never forget.

HERE.

Justin '04
SuperAg06
"They will live with us forever in Aggie Spirit."

Here.
theNetSmith
AG
here
Tigger51
Here.

It is so hard to believe it has been 4 years. You have been such an inspiration to so many.

[This message has been edited by Tigger51 (edited 11/18/2003 12:54a).]
SchwinnM
Almost 4 years ago to this hour, Tim became a proven hero.

Few people have the opportunity to be a hero, and even fewer actually seize the moment.

Tim, thank you for what you did for those people.
AggielawstudentatLSU
God bless TimsParents and all the families involved with the collapse of bonfire. The Aggie family loves you. You're all in our thoughts...
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Thinking and praying today--for the families and for the Aggie family.

Tim and Janice--you handed my son his Aggie Ring a few days ago. Thank you so much for making that event so special.

God Bless you,

And I know Tim is watching you with such pride and love.
MooreTrucker
AG
Tim and Janice, you and your son are truly inspirations. If I can be half the man Tim was, or half the parents and people that you are, I will consider my life a success.

God bless you and all the parents, and all who call ourselves Aggies.

BQ '81 (B-Co. drummer)
----------------------------------------
The road goes on forever, and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen (he's an Aggie, ya know)
TimsParents
S
Tim, four years ago tonite you left us to join the other eleven in Heaven! We miss you but we know you are watching over all of us until it's time for us to join you.
Love, Mom & Dad
bonfireag96
I stumbled onto this thread this morning...and it has changed me. I have been sitting here with "Quiet" tears streaming down my cheeks. When I woke up that morning and my wife pulled me from the shower...to see CNN hovering over the stack and the wild speculations...my heart stopped. My wife did not go to Texas A&M and she has never wanted too...so she doesn't understand when I get emotional about "Strangers" I will never meet. Now, don't mistake me, I am not overly nice...I don't sit around and think of what I could do to help people. So when she asked me why I was so upset...I couldn't answer her. I got a call from my mom, too tell me that my brother had called and was OK...that helped a little. I didn't want to talk to him...because I didn't want to hear about the horrible things he had seen. I called him that night and he was hysterical. As an upperclassmen in the Corps he had lots of "kids" who where his responsibility...both Physically and Emotionally. He told me that he had found kids crouched down in the parking lots crying uncontrolably...and had to help them...when all he wanted was to get down and hide with them. I lost it. We got through the next few days and my wife seeing my pain wanted to go with me to the Bonfire Memorial. What she saw changed her. The Polo Fields were silent. Thousands of people...just being there for each other.

As a Father now, I have a tremendous fear of "losing" my kids...(I have 2 boys and a baby girl...and my wife is due Monday with another boy! Which might explain why I'm so emotional today)In crowds I watch every person who comes close to them...or every swingset for potential injuries...but I was at a Church event one morning and the man speaking was going on about this and that...and for some reason I started listening...and he said something that I will never forget. It has helped me deal with my Faith in God...and my Trust in him as well. He said that he had just lost one of his children to Cancer...and had a hard time with it...but that in the end of the day...he knows where she is! He said he had a pretty good idea where his 23 year old son was...but that he KNEW where his daughter was!

Mr. and Mrs. Kerlee...I know where Tim is. I believe that we have a God in Heaven that did in fact send the Angels to comfort him in his hour of need!

God Bless you and the families of those kids...
AB2
AG
God Bless You guys again this year.
TXAg04
AG
Back to the top!
Ag at Heart
S
May God bless the Kerlee's, just as they have been such a blessing to all of us.

We will never forget our 12 very special angels who are waiting to greet us all again some day.
Guitarsoup
AG
Lets keep this on the front page.

Current Bonfire people - take the time to read this thread.
MosesHallRAB
I had a feeling this thread was about to reappear... Thanks Soup

Let us not ever forget the 15 (12 in '99 and 3 thoughout Bonfire's history) that died.

[This message has been edited by MosesHallRAB (edited 12/15/2003 3:59a).]
Y02
Anyone know about the other 3? I know one guy got run over by his tractor while unhooking logs on Load site way back (or so I was told). Are the other two from the truck flipping accident?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.