Tim Kerlee - 12th Man

382,271 Views | 1425 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Jack Boyette
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Glad to see its back. God bless the fallen 12, we will never forget!
Aggie_2002
TTT
Aggie_2002
Wow, after all this time I finally see the angels! After almost 2 years of not reading this thread, I went back and read it again. I got to looking at the picture and the 3 just jumped out at me. I see the big angel looking away, the child in her arms, and the shocked one peeping out from behind the big angel. This seriously brought tears to my eyes once again. I didn't know Tim, but he must have been a wonderful person to have so many angels looking after him. We will never forget.
Christi '97
Aggie_2002 - have you read his mother's book?

http://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/book_detail.asp?isbn=0%2D595%2D19034%2D0

It describes the kind of person he was. Great book, but get out the kleenix if you read it.
fido00
AG
I still go back to this thread every once in a while when I get caught up in the day to day issues that I think are important at the time. After only a few minutes I am brought back to where I was three years ago, and I am reminded of what is truly important.
94 Aggie
TTT
AggieQueen2003
Thank you so much for posting this article, I went to Fish Camp with Tim and although I never got to know him that well I can tell you he was an amazing man. I'll never forget the awful feeling that came over me when I had discovered that Tim had died. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him, especially when I go past that empty field. I know I can not speak for him, but I think that Tim would not want Bonfire to be put to an end. God Bless Timothy Kerlee! He truly is the 12th Man, he truly exemplifies what the Aggie Spirit is all about.
TimsParents
S
A Rememberance is scheduled for sunset on the 17th. The student government is planning it and I understand they intend to make it an annual event on the school calendar.

Gig'Em & God Bless
Ag00Ag
AG
ttt
Proud Ag
AG
Here
bph8371
ttt
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Hope all is well with this wonderful family during these difficult times.
uncover&humpit
AG
HERE
Quixote Ag
AG
Here.
Old Army
AG
HERE Yesterday

HERE Today

HERE Tomorrow
bernie06
AG
Anything I can say just seems so inadequate, but the feeling I had this morning walking to the polo fields was incredible. To start walking from Davis-Gary and to walk past Moore, Walton, and other dorms and have others join on the way. And then to sing the Spirit...I told myself I wasn't going to cry, but I did....Thank you to all those who came out this morning.
aggie81
AG
here

We will never forget our 12 Aggie Angels, and God be with you John Comstock!<P>
3 Toed Pete
AG
Here.
Walton Ag 91
ttt
Enviroag02
AG
Can someone outline the angels for me? It would be sooo helpful.
Boston_Ag_99
AG
here.
I'm glad Bonfire burned again tonight. All Twelve would have wanted it that way.

Gig 'em
aliaggie05
I have to say, "THANK YOU," to each of you for your postings. I am a member of the class of 2005 and I have never seen a Bonfire outside of pictures. One of my personal goals for my next years at A&M is to truly understand Bonfire and all that surrounds it. I plan to purchase Mrs. Kerlee's book and try to learn all that I can about Tim and his amazing story. Thank you all so much again for sharing YOUR Aggie Spirit and helping to enhance MY Aggie Spirit.

May God bless each and every one of you!!
TimsParents
S
Merry Christmas Tim! We know you are here with us along with the eleven other Angels.

Gig'Em & God Bless
TimsParents
S
Happy 21st birthday son! We know the twelve of you are partying in Heaven today. We love you and miss you more than anyone could know.

Gig'Em & God Bless
AgMOM03
Happy Birthday Tim!
Gunner90'
Here.

TTT
TimsParents
S
Thinking of you at the Baseball game on Sat. I know you would have been there! Dad

Gig'Em & God Bless
Nom de Plume
AG
What a thread. I just read it in it's entirety. I had never seen the picture before; I'm not sure how I missed it. The angel is almost unbelievable--wow. Very powerful.

I remember waiting in line for football tickets on 11.18.99, not having any clue of what happened, like it was yesterday.

Here's to our 12 Aggie brothers and sisters. We shall all meet again.

[This message has been edited by 99_aggie_grad (edited 3/3/2003 11:29p).]
Mexirab 00
AG
ttt
LeanderAg
AG
ttt
SeaAGGIE05
AG
My first night on TexAgs

A couple of trolling posts on the general thread, and I end up here...

I was on a one year stint as an exchange student when the Bonfire fell, and although I saw the pictures broadcast on TV during daylight, I did not, could not, understand the magnitude of the situation.

Two years later, my younger brother was accepted to A&M. He left for Fish Camp, and when he came home, he was an Aggie, although I could not understand what that meant, I knew he had changed

We talked alot about the Traditions of A&M, and it sure seemed like a lot of fun and fuss, but it seemed uncalled for. It was just a school.

Once when I went to visit my brother at College Station, he was surfing the 'net, looking at Aggie sites. He showed me a website dedicated to Bonfire and in memory of those lost. When he choked through the story of Tim, and showed me that picture, no words can describe the epiphany. I was HOME. The tearful session that followed, finally seeing and FEELING the awe at the men and women who wear Maroon and White, is a moment for my brother and I. Were it not for Tim, and Aggies like him, I would still be lost.

I would have loved to have known Tim in life.

I would type some humble attempt to close this post, for I fear it rambled, but I defer instead to that picture of Tim. It says all anyone ever needs to about who Tim was, and who Aggies try to be.

[This message has been edited by SeaAGGIE05 (edited 3/29/2003 3:25a).]
TimsParents
S
Thanks Sea Aggie!

Gig'Em & God Bless
davis03ag
Here

We will never forget the 12
rotti71
ttt
very touching thread!!
69huslinone
AG
Bonfire. A & M. We will never forget. Not the tradition, not the people. That is what makes us special. Then, now, and in the future. May God unite us all on that final Corp trip.

Freedom is not free. Those that will not fight when it is easy and sure may have to fight when it is tough or impossible

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.