Tim Kerlee - 12th Man

382,241 Views | 1425 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Jack Boyette
AgDotCom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a good life and really don't need a lot of inspiration, but every time I come here I swell so full of it I almost burst.
Aggie1205
AG
I remember first hearing this story my junior year in high school attending the SLOT conference in College Station held my ALOT(Fish Leadership Org.) It stuck with me then, and now reading this thread brings back all sorts of memories from going to bonfire as a kid.

God Bless.
Jock 07
AG
I just now found this post and wanted to thank Mr. and Mrs. Kerlee for everything they do for our great school especially for the Corps. I remember my freshman year when they would come over and say hi before all the football games. They did this even though I was in E-1 and not 16. Mrs. Kerlee also helped my buddies and me one night when I called her and asked where she thought we could find blue tip matches for bonfire matches. My only regret is not going to more of the dinners.
Now and forever;
Thanks and Gig Em

[This message has been edited by texaggie2007 (edited 7/26/2005 12:19a).]
C-2ag99
AG
I was in Scotland, completing a work abroad program, when I heard the news that Bonfire had collapsed. I was frantic as I searched the web for news, but I couldn't maintain my composure in the internet cafe, so I ran home to seek solace and news over the telephone. My fiance's roommate answered and tried to describe for me the events of the day, but how do you capture emotions and put them into words? My three flatmates just couldn't understand my sorrow. Couldn't see why I would care so much about fellow students or why Bonfire meant so much to me. You know, though.

My flight home was scheduled for November 22nd, scheduled for that time so I could be home in time to see Bonfire burn and the Aggies BTHO t.u. My last days in Scotland were supposed to be exciting and packed full of last minute adventures. Instead, I remained in a fog as I tried to mourn on my own, so far from my Aggie family. I couldn't even enjoy the scenery on my long train ride back to London as I spent the whole time trying to journal my feelings. I JUST WANTED TO BE HOME. Home meant that someone else would know why it hurt so much. I needed to be with my Aggie family during our time of mourning. I wore an Aggie t-shirt on the plane home and had some small talk with other travelers about our tragedy, but none could quite get it.

I arrived in Dallas at last. I traveled to College Station and joined the ranks of Aggies gathering at the Polo Fields with our candles lit. I wept with you and I, at last, felt at home.

Even now, it's been almost six years and I can't read about Bonfire without tears. I've been afraid to open this forum because I knew what it would lead to. As difficult as it is to face my sorrow, I'm so glad to know this forum has continued. The things that bless my life the most...Salvation through Jesus Christ, my family and friends, Texas A&M...
TAMUGodot
One of my friends from back home made a crack about the collapse, and I was so angry I could barely speak. He couldn't understand why I was angry he said, "you didn't know them." It amazes me that people don't understand.

C-2, that almost made me cry. If you like you should come out to the woods this year, I know it has helped a lot people who lived through '99. I think seeing Ags back at work helps people remember the great things, I really think it is a celebration of life.
northsidegreek06
AG
ttt
stormbringer
ttt

C. Scott '02
bqjoker03
AG
I think I'm going to try to make it to cut before I run off with the Army this fall. I'll let y'all know if I can actually make it.

I haven't talked about Bonfire much since it fell 6 years ago, but I think I'm getting over it now. This is my first time to even open the bonfire board and I've been reading through some of the threads.

Tim's parents, I met you once a long time ago, so you probably have no idea who I am, but I wanted to thank you for all that you've done for the students and the Corps.

Gig 'em and God Bless. Hope to see you all out there.
TimsParents
S
Tim's picture on the stack in the Batt today. That picture is still hard to look at almost 6 years later

Gig'Em & God Bless
opie03
As difficult as it may be to see, I find quite a bit of reassurance in the picture. It truely is John 15:13 in action.

May God bless you and keep you in the difficult times that you encounter.

-------------------------------------------------------
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read this in English, thank a Soldier.
TimsParents
S
The newest addition to the President's Endowed Scholarship Plaques display has been installed in the flag room and Tim's picture is near the top. We were hoping it would be lower so you could see it better but we're happy it's finally up.

Gig'Em & God Bless
BBYD09
AG
I cried all night after reading this.
God Bless the Twelve!
AB2
CUwhenitburns04
This needs to stay on the first page today.

Remember.
northsidegreek06
AG
You and our Family's in our hearts and prayers.
TexAgof08
AG
i strive to be like this young man, what a selfless and caring individual, i am glad to know that as an Aggie he is my brother, i am thankful for this family...
AggieTJ
AG
ttt
reasonover
As always...TTT
Old Style
northsidegreek06
AG
AAaggie03
when was this picture taken? what is the glowing orange around the bottom of the memorial?

for those of us who can't be there we appreciate you sharing...
changedtheusernameforanotheruser
thats looks like memorial at 2:42 last year with the fog. There are lights that surround the perimeter along the walkway. That night was truly moving.

we remember them!

HERE.
AgRyan04
that was last night

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check out "Texas A&M & Baseball In No Particular Order"
at tamu-and-baseball.com
northsidegreek06
AG
ttt

Today's been a busy day wrapped up in an injunction...

Let's keep this foremost on our hearts, though.
are you sure that was last night?

was it that foggy again? I imagine they were one in the same, just remember the fog from '04.
nkaechler
AG
That couldn't have been last night.
northsidegreek06
AG
Then the Batt screwed up again...
Nom de Plume
AG
99% sure that was last year.

It was 37 degrees last night, no fog. And some of those folks are in short sleeves.
TTT
northsidegreek06
AG
BTT
TimsParents
S
Thanks to all of you, especially the Traditions Council and the students for your attendance and participation early Friday morning. Your committment to "never forget" still holds and we are proud of and grateful to you all!

Gig'Em & God Bless
TimsParents
S
ttt
Midwest Ag
msaggie98
AG
ttt
daniel02
AG
TTT.

[edit:bad idea]Why isn't this stickied by now?[/bad idea]

Remember '99.
OC Hogs Build Bonfire!

[This message has been edited by daniel02 (edited 1/5/2006 3:24p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.