Tim Kerlee - 12th Man

381,526 Views | 1425 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Jack Boyette
Aggie Mom 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Miranda, Christopher, Michael, Jeremy, Jamie, Christopher, Lucas, Bryan, Chad, Jerry, Nathan, and Timothy, .....and their families,

.....always in our prayers.

[This message has been edited by Aggie Mom 91 (edited 3/5/2001).]
LittleAggie2003
ttt!
TimsParents
S
I thought about how upset Tim JR would be today about all the bickering among Aggies about Bonfire.

Gig'Em & God Bless
OregonAg
AG

We're very sorry.

The last thing we want to do is cause more pain to your family, this is just a very difficult time for everyone.
H-TownAg
ttt!
StringerBell
AG
Though this one deserved to be back up at the top...to give us some perspective.

Gig'Em Tim
BattMan
With tears...TTT!
Good Bull 03
You know, I wasn't even that active in Bonfire, and didn't lose anyone, and still, I'd give anything to fix things. Not that I know exactly what to fix, but, well, you get the point.
TexasAggie57
Just felt a need to post on this thread, which doesn’t get a lot of attention these days. I consider this thread not only a tribute to the fine young man that Tim was, but also a remembrance of his 11 comrades that we lost that fateful November morning.

I sincerely hope it says up, since it gives me a place to go and post when I feel a need to honor our fallen Aggies. It also gives me a central place to read and reflect upon some excellent tributes to our 12 Aggie Angels.

Thanks to all who have steadfastly posted and honored our fallen twelve.
kjaneway
AG
Thanks to all who keep this board alive remembering the 12, their families, the injured and their families, and the students who lost so many of their comrades.
TimsParents
S
There will be a new corps medical unit established that will include members from all the outfits and will be named after Tim JR.

Gig'Em & God Bless
TimsParents
S
Janice's book The Chance to Say Goodbye is now available through iuniverse.com. It tells the story of how the tragedy affecteu us and resulted in our move to College Station. It also describes much of Tim JR's life and his impact on others.

Gig'Em & God Bless
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Is it on the shelf anywhere in College Station?
PA24
AG
my heart weeps
TimsParents
S
As of now it is only available over the internet.
All the profits will go to scholarship funds, the Bonfire Relief Fund, or Campus Ministries.

Gig'Em & God Bless
SmackDaddy
AG
I ordered the book.

ttt
TXAg04
AG
here.
Michele Kerlee Fowler
I just had to write something today....I have been undergoing many doctors with my migraines this past month and so medications have made me more emotional than I usually am. The past 2 days I have been consolidating the 5 - 3" binders containing newspaper articles, emails, letters, photos, cards, etc and there are still 2 more boxes that I have not touched with articles and such. These past 2 days have been the hardest, emotionally for me for a long time. I just keep asking for strength to get through this task but it's not coming. I just wonder if there are any others out there that still have those days.

Oh yeah....and I ordered Janice's book from Barnes and Nobles on Friday.

Keep the faith....
LittleAggie2003
Michelle, you are in my prayers. I pray that God gives you the strength you need to get throught the toughest days. Keep you chin up and smile, you know Tim would want you to!
God Bless and Gig'em!
aggsdad
Michelle, I have been trying to scan all the articles concerning Scott and only in the last month have I been able to make any progress. Some days I may only archivie one article and then it may be a week before I can open the box and try again. I don't know the reason but it has become increasingly difficult in the last month. I will include you in my prayers. Sometimes its a prayer for peace that calms the soul enough to go on. I do look forward to seeing Scott's buddies again at the start of the school year. I find comfort in their progress and the optimism of youth. The box sits unopened today but knowing that you are trying to chronicle the events may prod me on to complete my task. It is important, the records must be kept to make sure that we never forget, it that were possible, but to show our children and grandchildren that there is more to Aggie land that a university. Take care and you have my email in your records if lyou want a listening ear.
R.West
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Dearest family members,

I know our words will bring little comfort--I hope our prayers will bring more.

But your kids are not forgotten and won't be. God bless you and give you the strength to complete these difficult tasks.
Tigger51
I have a HUGE box of article that everyone saved and I still have not touched it. My son is doing well so far! If I feel the way I do, I cannot imagine the feeling the families have.
I think I feel I have to chronicle these articles for my son so when he is old he can see what happened. I know you must feel an obligation to chronicle the articles not only so people will remember but also so you can go there and read about him and find solance.
Maybe in putting together these article you will then find strength to tell us stories about Scott so we can get to know this amazing kid better.
Please know we will never forget nor will let the memories of the 12 stay anywhere but in the front of our hearts. I too have a fear people will forget. I feel such a strong sense of obligation to keep the memory so strong. I know that it is your relationship with the family of A & M that helps you feel you are still in touch. Don't worry you will forever be a part of A & M- as will Scott. We will keep the 12 in our hearts forever.
TimsParents
S
Great news! The Presidential Endowed Scholarship in Tim's name is in place and the first recipient has been named. Thank you to all who helped with donations and prayers. Your love and support is greatly appreciated!

Gig'Em & God Bless
Kels
AG
Whoop!
TexasAggie57
Janice's book, along with "Angels on the Bonfire" and many other books about Aggie spirit and history are currently on display at the MSC bookstore on campus.
TXAg04
AG
to the top.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I got this wonderful book signed yesterday. I have read and cried ever since, but this book is helping those tears be more cleansing than hurting for the first time. And on the back page of the book, these great parents reach out to any of our kids needing help. God sent angels to watch over Tim, and now his parents are angels watching over all our children. God Bless this family.
TXAg04
AG
To the top. Always.
Kels
AG
Miranda, Jerry, Jeremy, Jamie, Michael, Chad, Scott, Brian, Christopher, Lucas, Chris and Tim...I hold you all in my heart tonight! Your memories are safe in our keeping.
TXAg04
AG
ttt
TXAg04
AG
To the top
LittleAggie2003
ttt
carino99
AG
I hadn't been on TexAgs in quite a while. I can't believe this thread is still going.

Kerlees, thanks for picking up on Tim's Aggie Spirit and continuing it.

May God continue to strengthen you. I look forward to meeting y'all, whether here or there.

Cariño ’99
Albuquerque, NM
Philippians 4:6-7

[This message has been edited by carino99 (edited 11/18/2001).]
TXAg04
AG
ttt

We have a Safety firm. Squeeze, Army.
SueAggie93
AG
ttt........

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.