Tim Kerlee - 12th Man

378,794 Views | 1425 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Jack Boyette
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I believe one was thrown out of the bed of a truck in like 97.
MosesHallRAB
And one in the 50's ('56 or so) that was on late night stack watch and was getting water out of the back of a truck. Another truck was driving up and didn't see him and the truck. He ran into the back of the truck crushing the cadet.

One was from McInnis...

The other, Mosher and Aston were driving back together from cut and the ford ranger lost control, ran off the road and someone in the back got tossed out.

If anyone else knows more details, it would be good for us all to know.
MrD05
AG
Thanks for getting this back on the first page where it always should be.
NoACDamnit
Greg White (I think he was '99 but he may have been '00) was in the back of a pickup on its way back from cut in '96. At the time people would load up the backs of pickups to carpool. The driver dozed off and the truck flipped over. Greg was killed and 2 others were seriously injured. One of the Aston crew chiefs was in the hospital for several months, and if I'm not mistaken another one was as well. The driver wasn't hurt, but was naturally mortified and had a difficult time with it. (Please don't post their name here)

Was a pretty huge event my fish year. They pushed back the times for cut and didn't allow anyone to ride in the back of a pickup the year after that. A lot of the Aston and Mosher people had Greg's name on their pots from there on out.

(Forgive me if I'm off on a detail or two. Haven't been a fish for a while and I wasn't living in Aston yet )

[This message has been edited by NoACDamnit (edited 12/15/2003 4:20a).]
htownag2006
Such an amazing story. I saw it for the first time today and it moved me in a way I can't describe. It puts into perspective I never knew Tim, and even if he were still here, he would have graduated before my first day in Aggieland, but even so his life has affected mine. His story will never be forgotten.
Arch6
It's not something I can even imagine, losing a child like that. Or losing a brother, or a close friend, or a life that had touched mine in such a way. But to know that your child's life has touched so many others is quite a measure of success as a parent. And to be one touched by that life is humbling. It's a shocking thing to come to a place like this, to see for myself things I've only heard of... and to be reminded of the things that are so much bigger than finals, or whatever selfish struggle troubles me today... And as humbling a thought as it is, it lifts my spirits to see such a bright example of the way that God uses every moment... Thank you, Mr, and Mrs, Kerlee, for sharing your lives, and your son's.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Thinking of the families--Tim's and all the others this holiday. I pray that with time they are finding joy in their lives again. I know that the 12 Angels are spending Christmas with our Lord, but how their families must still miss them.

farmersfight
AG
I don't know if this has been posted before but I'll say it anyway. Tim's mother, Janice has written a new book "The Chance to Say Goodbye." I highly recommend that Ags read this book.

God Bless our fallen Angels
TimsParents
S
Went by to see the progress of th Memorial today and the tell me it's on schedule. The folks working on it are very interested in making everything first class and the twelve of you and the injured surely will be well represented!
TimsParents
S
We visited the artists studio today to review the clay portrait that will be used to cast the bronze bas relief casting for Tim JRs portal. He has 3 more to do and one more to have the parents review. The rest have already gone to the foundry.

Gig'Em & God Bless
Backslider
Thanks guys. keep us posted on how its going.

Justin '04
TimsParents
S
Half of the families visited the construction site Sat(Feb 28) to view the progress. The contractor is doing an excellant job and it is on schedule.

Gig'Em & God Bless
SoCos girl 2002
Tims Parents, maybe you could post a picture of what is going on so far. Last time I was down there not much had happened on stack site. I would really like to see what's going on.
TimsParents
S
The TAMU website has some pictures as recent as Dec. The pictures from Feb. should be posted soon by the architecture dept.

Gig'Em & God Bless
Oh Four Five
AG
I felt the need for some inspiration today. This always does the trick. Now back to the top it goes.
AgDotCom
"Here" for Tim.

Aggie Muster 2004.
Thingy
inspired once again
anaggiemom
S
The Kerlees spoke at the Montgomery County Muster tonight. They are an amazing couple and I know Tim is very proud of them.

Here.
Amyantim
Wow. I had no idea that was what transpired. What a great person to do that for the others.

[This message has been edited by Amyantim (edited 5/18/2004 7:05p).]
Amyantim
ttt
TimsParents
S
ttt
northsidegreek06
AG
If you haven't read A Chance to Say Goodbye, it's good... just started it earlier today. Thank you for sharing everything you have with us.
aggieteacher00
AG
I have read the book, A CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE...and it is amazing.
A story of much strength and faith in the Lord.
I can not wait to see the memorial....we haven't been in CS since football season. I know it will be beautiful!
God bless all fallen Ags!
Go Postal
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
-Isaiah 40
reasor97
ttt
TimsParents
S
Talked to the construction foreman at the memorial site today. They are putting the finishing touches on it and all the bronze portals are in place. They are doing a great job and treating it as a work of love.

Gig'Em & God Bless
Professor
TTT
ARMY98
God Bless the Air Craps!
TravelAg2004
AG
TimsParents, It's Kyle Warner '04 from SQ-16. I've been meaning to get in touch with you about possibly talking to a group of freshmen I'm working with this year. I can't seem to find your e-mail address, so if you get this, could please e-mail (skwfalcon16@tamu.edu) some info on getting in touch with you so I can give you some more details!

God Bless
slim-jim
AG
Back on top where this belongs.

I started reading the book tonight... WOW.. Powerful
brown eyes
Agree with you, Jim. I read that book on a 45 minute connection flight back home from my first visit to Aggieland. It sealed the deal for me.
LittleAggie2003
TTT

Went out to the Polo fields after the game last weekend, the memorial is coming together and looks good, very fitting in a peaceful setting.
ccag02
AG
I came upon this write up tonight and it totally gave me the chills that I had the first time I read this. The first time I saw that picture I noticed the total unselfishness that student was showing. Although I never knew him, I wish I could be as strong as him!

ccag02
Smithjg
karen03
I was out at the site from the about 10 minutes after bonfire fell to the time that they pulled the last log off nearly 24 hours later. After the fall I had the wonderful opportunity to hear the Kerlee's speak I was one of the thousand of students that the Kerlee's touched and inspired. When they were named parents of the year I could not of thought of anyone else who deserved it more then they did. They are wonderful people every time that I see them they seem to put a smile on my face. They have no idea who I am, they have met a lot students since they have moved to College Station, but they are two people who inspire me to be a wonderful person. What they have gone through is not easy, but always seem to have a smile on there face. If you have not had a chance to meet them do it. I never had the oportunity to meet Tim, but I can only imagine how wonderful he was if he had two parents as wonderful as the Kerlee's.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.