*** SECRET INVASION *** (Disney+ MCU Series)

23,787 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frost Giant, I assume from Yodenheim.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Invisible was ghost from ant man 2, even though ghost was not at the battle of earth. Though, she was a shield assassin back in the day, so Fury might've had it from way back.

I have no idea about the sword thing.
Sea Speed
AG
What were those people laying down unconscious?
bearamedic99
AG
I was watching on a tablet so could be wrong but it appeared to be a larger stash of humans being impersonated by Skulls that Fury and the rest do not know about.
dave94
AG
I thought it was all the Skrulls at the compound who opposed Gravik that he had killed. I thought I saw green blood?
rhutton125
AG
I assumed it was kind of a reveal of just who all had been impersonated, and how many. How deep this thing ran.
Decay
AG
How are you going to end a show with a scene you don't explain at all? It could have been humans, or maybe not. We don't know what it was. And nobody explained anything. Terrible decision on the editing.

Overall I actually liked it. I'm so bored of episodes full of kicking and punching. And they did a great job of keeping it about characters. So that end fight sucked even more because it was exactly what they avoided for so much of the show.

Loved the English chick. Enjoyed that there were stakes and they killed off some main characters. Loved wildass Rhoades. I liked the villain for most of the show.

Really just that last episode was a mess. Hurt the whole show. But I still enjoyed it overall.
bearamedic99
AG
Hopefully, the English spy lady returns, maybe in Thunderbolts
dave94
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Hopefully, the English spy lady returns, maybe in Thunderbolts

She was definitely my favorite character. A badass older English spy lady.

Between this and her brief appearance in the Bear, Olivia Colman has now entered the Helen Mirren cool zone
TexasAggie_02
AG
Was just thinking, they should've revealed that Sharon Carter was a Skrull, and fix that terrible story line from Falcon and the winter soldier.
rhutton125
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/15dkt12/fyi_secret_invasion_changed_showrunners_after/

Interesting post on Reddit - seems that this show changed leadership mid-stream and we had conflicting tones and visions for the show.
jokershady
AG
rhutton125 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/15dkt12/fyi_secret_invasion_changed_showrunners_after/

Interesting post on Reddit - seems that this show changed leadership mid-stream and we had conflicting tones and visions for the show.
good grief can Star Wars and MCU keep from changing important roles during production!?!?!?!?
benMath08
AG
This show is like a random comic book / superhero movie from the 90s/2000s that was greenlit, written, and directed by people who don't know anything about any of the characters and are just there to check boxes and add a bullet to their resumes. The showrunner they got to take over has a bizarrely empty body of work. He wasn't qualified to be given control of some third-tier streaming sitcom with a 3 million dollar budget, let alone a $200 million Disney+ tentpole.

The entire premise of this show is that there are aliens who can shapeshift into literally anyone. It's hard NOT to think of potential plot twists and gotcha moments, but the only notable character from a prior MCU property to be replaced is Rhodes, and it's not really a twist, and he never gets in the War Machine suit.

And you expect me to believe Captain Marvel never found a "suitable planet" for these people after 30 years??? GotG would have it done before breakfast.
Flashdiaz
AG
the only direction that could redeem superduperskrull is if she turned bad and started killing off avengers. starting with captian Marvel.
Ornithopter
AG
I have and will continue to watch Marvel stuff because I just really enjoy superhero stuff.

But wow was that a dumb ending episode. Dumb within the series, but even dumber with MCU implications.
rhutton125
AG
I think the worst thing they did in Captain Marvel was setting it in the 90s. It's a similar issue for Wonder Woman or X-Men Apocalypse, or almost anything with a big time jump.

- any sequel either needs to also be set in the past (and therefore inconsequential to the present day that we've seen) or it's way later but the characters can't have grown very much, lest they become unrecognizable
- there's the inevitable "where have you been all this time?" question which, unless you're frozen in ice like Captain America, has a pretty unsatisfying answer
- anything that should have been accomplished in the interim, but wasn't, is also completely unsatisfying

Wonder Woman goes silent for 60 years, except maybe a brief window in 1984, then goes back to being an unknown. Quicksilver finds out his dad is Magneto but sits at home for 10 more years. Beast simps over Mystique, that girl he almost kissed two decades ago. Etc.

Captain Marvel (in 1995) has a fine enough ending, but now you have to explain why you didn't do the thing you said you were going to do for 30 years. And even weirder is Nick Fury shouldering the blame, as a government agent of a non-spacefaring species, while CM is nowhere to be seen.

It just puts everyone in a really bad light. It wasn't worth it for a few grunge songs.
redline248
AG
Such a good post. The easiest thing to have done was give this obvious advanced space faring species access to our rockets/telescopes/satellites and let them find their own planet.
Ornithopter
AG
Nah, the problem with Captain Marvel is that she is essentially Superman and has all the problems that come along with flawless characters who get out of problems via self-actualization and punching harder.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Doesn't Captain Marvel end with Nick Fury basically saying "Damn! There's a whole universe of alien life out there we are by no means prepared to defend ourselves from. Captain Marvel, go out there and proactively defend earth to buy us time as I work on building a team of home grown superheroes so we're ready when the aliens come."

After that, it's worth asking why Fury didn't call Danvers back for Loki during the first Avengers movie, but you can be generous and say "Nick Fury didn't call Danvers because he doesn't believe in letting disasters go to waste and he knew the alien attack was the one thing that could unite and green light the avengers."
Or maybe he did call her, but she didn't make it back across the Galaxy in time.

All the other threats were on too short a timeframe or too minor a scale to call someone back across the universe for.
Thanks and gig'em
An L of an Ag
AG
Finally saw the finale last night. I had posted earlier, about three episodes in, that the rest of the episodes had a chance to nudge this series into the top half of the Disney+ MCU shows.

That didn't happen.
rhutton125
AG
I don't really think that's an insurmountable problem. There are ways to prevent Superman's existence from minimizing every threat in the universe. I'm sure they'll find a way going forward - whether it be because she's across the universe, she's unaware or can't be reached, etc - just like Doctor Strange or Thor at times.

I think the real problem is that it's a retcon. "Superman was here the whole time" - well where the hell was he? Nick Fury didn't bother to call? It may make sense for Avengers 1, it doesn't really make sense for Age of Ultron (it lasts multiple days, and presumably you take the idea of a homicidal vibranium AI seriously), it kinda makes sense for Infinity War since Thanos was only on earth for about 10 minutes. But she's from Earth. **** was hitting the fan left and right over the years. Maybe shoot her a text?

Nick Fury really loses his mystique throughout Secret Invasion. **** I hate this show. One of the best and coolest characters who makes the most out of brief appearances, and now he's just a dumbass that the Skrulls made, and he leaves them worst off than when he arrived in episode 1 because now they're being hunted and killed. But hey - he has a wife! That's what we all tuned in for.
coldmoose
I liked the series overall. I probably should rewatch the last episode. Was somewhat uneven. But I had a lot going in when I watched it, so maybe it was just me.
jokershady
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.