*** SECRET INVASION *** (Disney+ MCU Series)

23,781 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Premieres tomorrow, and then a new episode debuts each week for the next five weeks, apparently leading up to the events of The Marvels on November 10...

Secret Invasion
Season 1 (6 Episodes)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13157618/
June 21, 2023
Disney+

jeffk
Sea Speed
AG
Is that demi Moore?
toucan82
no, I think that's Samuel L. Jackson
rhutton125
AG
I'm on paternity leave, so I think I'd really be feeling the "slow burn" week-to-week aspect of a show like this. I'll check back in before the finale and binge episodes 1-5 somewhere in that final week. That's what we did for Ms Marvel and honestly it was much better that way.
jeffk
AG
Congrats on the sex
rhutton125
DTP02
AG
Sea Speed said:

Is that demi Moore?

I believe that's the girl who sang "Let's Go to the Mall" all grown up.
PGAG
AG
Outstanding HIMYM reference
Sea Speed
AG
Those trailers actually look pretty good and not cheesy comic book style. I haven't watched any marvel since endgame except scarlet witch so not sure I could jump in to this, but may give it a try.
jeffk
AG
Off to a solid start. First episode is about 50 minutes and definitely captures the spy thriller vibe I think they're going for.
jeffk
AG
Oh, and they used AI to create the art of the show's introduction. Which is interesting and also maybe somewhat worrisome.
Madmarttigan
AG
I had no idea this was even coming out soon
Formerly tv1113
Sea Speed
AG
So the trailer says nick fury has been gone a long time. Where did he go and why?
jeffk
AG
He left earth after the events of Endgame. They explain why in the first episode of this series.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Isn't that the premise of the show?

Spider-Man: FFH spoilers

Isnt this the Spider-Man where they show Nick Fury has been living in the space station while the Skrulls imitate him on earth?

I would assume that's where he has been.
Sea Speed
AG
I thought the premise was an invasion and why he is returning. I was wondering why he left. Luke I said, I haven't watched anything since endgame so was wondering what I missed. Glad they explain it. I'm downloading it now to watch on this flight I'm about to get on.

From the previews alone though, id say this looks better than anything marvel has done because it doesn't seem to be campy at all. Don't get me wrong, I was all about the mcu until endgame, but this looks different.
AgfromHOU
AG
Pretty good first episode

Down goes Robin Sherbatsky and Bilbo Baggins
johncAG
AG
My guess is the second one on that list is not actually gone for good
imjustsayin
AG
Agreed on first episode. I miss this kind of MCU content. Feels very visceral … so is this a spoiler thread??
jeffk
AG
The way we've handled serials in the past is that spoilers were fair game once the new episode drops. Since it just started though, we might should use tags just in case folks don't realize it's out now?
Sea Speed
AG
Welp, coby smoulders is dead. There goes my reason for watching.
Sea Speed
AG
I really liked it for marvel. A little bit of cheese but not too much. I wish this would have been more like 2 or 3 or 4 episodes rather than one as they really rushed the story, but I reckon marvel isn't helmed by Vince Gilligan now are they.

I will likely not watch until I'm back at work in a month amd catch up then, but we will see if I actually have any time to watch TV over the next 4 weeks. Doubt it.

The Real Napster
And that….was how I met your mother
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I enjoyed that immensely. Very real world (ignoring the Skrulls), reminiscent of the political thriller theme of The Winter Soldier.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
kerrag06
AG
Finally Marvel is back!!!!! Super intriguing episode with the biggest ending since… well, hell… it's a big one.
TXAG 05
AG
Just watched, thought it was pretty good.
redline248
AG
The ending left me just saying "wow" over and over.

So, the story, other than the invasion/spy/save the world stuff, is going to be about 2 old men coming to grips with their choices and trying to prove they still have it.

Can't wait to watch it all.
Sea Speed
AG
I thibk the AI intro was perfect for the story
Ornithopter
AG
Seems interesting for sure after 1 episode.
TCTTS
AG
I was looking forward to and definitely appreciate the more grounded approach, but I honestly thought this first episode was a little *too* dry and boring, while the cinematography was even flatter than the usual Disney+ fare. I don't know, it just felt like it was missing something, like certain spark or purpose. That said, I really like redline248's description above, of "2 old men coming to grips with their choices and trying to prove they still have it." If they can lean more into that, and less into the starting-a-war-with-Russia thing that I not could not care less about, I think I'll be way more into this.
Ornithopter
AG
*No Country For Old MCU Characters"
jeffk
AG
Can the cinematography complaint be attributed to the all-urban setting? Personally, it's tough to get wowed by Moscow alleyways and safe houses.
Whos Juan
AG
jeffk said:

Can the cinematography complaint be attributed to the all-urban setting? Personally, it's tough to get wowed by Moscow alleyways and safe houses.
It felt like they were trying to mimic the Russo Bros style from Winter Soldier with Costco off-brand cinematographers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.