*** SECRET INVASION *** (Disney+ MCU Series)

23,774 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
Whos Juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
johncAG said:

So, who we getting for the Finale for the Fury team up?
Squirrel Girl, Mr Immortal, Skaar, Madisynn, and Taserface
jeffk
AG
johncAG said:

So, who we getting for the Finale for the Furry team up?

Squirrel Girl, Beast, Wolverine, Sabertooth, and White Tiger
Mathguy64
AG
Given the tone and direction of this show I'll be extremely disappointed if they pull a superhero out of their hat to save the day.
C@LAg
Mathguy64 said:

Given the tone and direction of this show I'll be extremely disappointed if they pull a superhero out of their hat to save the day.
100% bet that Captain Marvel shows up since they have to resolve this one way or the other, and The Marvels is a direct follow up from SI.

https://ew.com/movies/the-marvels-cover-story-brie-larson-teyonah-parris-iman-vellani/
johncAG
AG
Bingo
TexasAggie_02
AG
MBAR
AG
Man the only part of this show I like are the Olivia Coleman scenes. Every scene with Clarke is bad. I don't care at all about Gravik, fury's wife or any other Skrull. The plot is ****ing stupid and there's probably a good 2 hour movie from this concept but holy **** there's so much bad filler.

I think it's fair to compare this show to Winter Soldier and it just shows how awful this one looks and how **** it's written.
jokershady
AG
Good grief! It's as if Mary Poppins grew some queen sized balls and decided to drag 'em over some Skrulls. She's by far been a bunch of fun to watch.

Been pretty satisfied with the violence in this show and looking forward to see how this ends.
redline248
AG
Yep, the British woman is great.

Fury gonna shoot Gravik with that bullet shaped vial and the DNA overload will cause his head to explode.

Convenient that he hid the DNA so close to Russia
Moral High Horse
I'd watch a marvel series about John Wick Mary Poppins.
TexasAggie_02
AG
so, based off the ending to last night episodes, I think it is clear now that this show isn't really about skrulls at all, b/c the whole 'secret' invasion part is rather boring. The real story here is how Stella Fury got her his groove back.
rhutton125
AG
Sigh...

I've waited until most of the episodes were out so I can binge them. Generally, that works way better than week-to-week since they insist on the "movie spread out across 6 episodes" format, usually with weak cliffhangers each week to keep engagement up.

In my opinion... this show has yet to justify its existence. When a Nick Fury show was rumored, I was excited. Love Nick Fury. When it turned into Secret Invasion, I was thrilled. That's a great comic book premise with iffy execution, so perhaps the MCU could do it better. When it was revealed that the cast would be Fury, Talos, a couple human spies (Hill and Ross) and Rhodey in a political function, I was extremely skeptical.

Secret Invasion doesn't need to be the version from the comics (which again, wasn't that great in execution) but it should be a game-changer. It should be thrilling! We've been invaded in secret for who knows how many years and you can't trust anyone. This is what ruined Tony Stark's tenure as director of Shield. Stark Enterprises was infiltrated. Spider-Woman had been a Skrull ever since she joined the Avengers over a year ago. Hank Pym had been replaced. Black Bolt had been replaced. Shield is compromised. And at the end of the day, the landscape for the universe shifted as a 'reformed' Norman Osborn killed the Skrull queen in front of the whole world and used that publicity to essentially become the most powerful man in America - leading directly to the next major storyline, Dark Reign.

This time... none of this matters to anyone we know or care about. Everett Ross (who we barely know anyway) has had one scene. Maria Hill (who we also have barely seen since 2014) had three scenes and then died to give Fury some extra motivation. Talos (who we knew from one movie and one post-credits) is dead. Now we've got two Skrulls we barely know killing some other Skrulls in a kitchen. Awesome.

We know WW3 isn't going to happen, and we know Fury is in The Marvels already, so this is just spinning its wheels - and wasting the great concept of Secret Invasion on a show where you can see the Skrull twists coming a mile away and our protagonist is old as ****.

Wasted potential, IMO. The show isn't painfully bad but I can't believe they spent $200 million to damage their own brand with a half-assed version of one of the best premises they had in their arsenal. It feels like Iron Fist - a potentially-great revenge story about an orphan who is trained as a ninja in a mystical city and fights a dragon to gain supernatural powers, but instead you get a show with no mystical city, no dragon, and the worst fight scenes in recent history. It's like they had a tiny budget and had to do the best with what they were allowed to do. But they had $200 million. I'm insane now.
redline248
AG
I want to know where the real Ross and Rhodey are.

Somehow, I feel like the show will just kind of forget about them.
kerrag06
AG
Aren't they probably in that same room where the skrulls hook people up in some machine before they take their face and even memories? I thought I saw that…..
redline248
AG
Maybe? I don't remember seeing them explicitly, but I admit I probably haven't paid super close attention to every detail
jokershady
AG
redline248 said:

Maybe? I don't remember seeing them explicitly, but I admit I probably haven't paid super close attention to every detail
we haven't seen those characters specifically but it's assumed they're in there somewhere
redline248
AG
jokershady said:

redline248 said:

we haven't seen those characters specifically but it's assumed they're in there somewhere
I wondered about it on the thread way back in ep 1 or 2, but no one ever talked about it
jokershady
AG
redline248 said:

jokershady said:

redline248 said:

I wondered about it on the thread way back in ep 1 or 2, but no one ever talked about it
me and the kids watch every New Rockstars breakdown of every episode/movie of things from the MCU and Star Wars so if Erik Voss missed it then it's hidden REALLY well
jeffk
AG
So do we think he was talking to Captain Marvel on the phone there at the end?

Or Professor X?

Or Reid Richards?
LPHA
AG
Probably Mephisto
rhutton125
AG
Gravik.
jokershady
AG
That's what I figured
jeffk
AG
rhutton125 said:

Gravik.

Grabass
W
AG
just watched episode 5...

and I agree with many of the prior comments. The purpose of the series is to get Fury back in the game.

Olivia Colman is stealing the show -- kind of like Zemo did in F&WS.

ready for Cheadle to get rescued from the Skrull compound or get killed off

the series needs a big finale. We'll see if any guest stars show up
W
AG
and it's shocking that Disney spent $212 MM for the show
Sea Speed
AG
The president being alone in a hospital room hours after some Russians and aliens tried to blow up his convoy is less believable than aliens trying to take over our planet
jokershady
AG
Yeah that was annoying to see. Also just as much as at the end of episode 4 they just throw the president in a vehicle with Nick fury who supposedly as no official position/title/security with the US government….and no one else rides with them….
MBAR
AG
Exactly! Like I am willing to suspend a lot of disbelief because ****ing shape shifting aliens right? But **** like that is just LAZY.
kerrag06
AG
Haha I can't tell if you are being totally sarcastic or not! But at this point I personally think anyone examining Marvel movies for "believability"… ummm….… I mean…. A multiverse traveling Wizard? A talking raccoon who sends emails?……And the President being alone in a Hospital room is where you draw the line?
FTAG 2000
AG
W said:

and it's shocking that Disney spent $212 MM for the show
Is it though?

redline248
AG
kerrag06 said:

Haha I can't tell if you are being totally sarcastic or not! But at this point I personally think anyone examining Marvel movies for "believability"… ummm….… I mean…. A multiverse traveling Wizard? A talking raccoon who sends emails?……And the President being alone in a Hospital room is where you draw the line?
It's the realistic stuff that they should make most believable, imo
MBAR
AG
kerrag06 said:

I'm not being sarcastic, but I can see how it might come off that way. There is definitely a lot in Marvel movies you have to forgive because in the end these are fantasy movies, but there's other **** they just do poorly because of lazy writing and its awful. The above is a good example of this.
jokershady
AG
kerrag06 said:

I take it you were absent during the many space physics arguments brought up from The Last Jedi…..a movie with space wizards is just fine but heaven forbid space lasers and spaceships follow inconsistent physics laws
AgsMnn
AG
When do new episodes drop?
jokershady
AG
last one is this coming Wednesday.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.