*** SECRET INVASION *** (Disney+ MCU Series)

23,768 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
imjustsayin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jeffk said:

So on the computer, she was looking up the scientist skrull and they had Groot, frost beast, and cull obsidian listed. Are these all species they are genome mapping or what?

What is frost beast?
jeffk
AG
It had Jotenheim listed as origin world, and it looked like one of those giant wolf things the frost giants (Loki's people) ran with.
Whos Juan
AG
jeffk said:

It had Jotenheim listed as origin world, and it looked like one of those giant wolf things the frost giants (Loki's people) ran with.
One of the post credit scenes in Thor 2 had one just running around on earth. Sounds like that's how they have a tissue sample.
jeffk
AG
Makes sense as the picture for Groot was just some detached vines and the one for Cull Obsidian was the severed hand that got cut off in Dr. Strange's portal in NYC during Infinity War.
Wrec86 Ag
Just watched it tonight since my wife was out of town.

I thought the scene between Cheadle and Jackson at the restaurant was one of the best written/acted scenes in a Marvel series. Really good stuff.
fig96
AG
"Well, that tells you all you need to know about me and locks then."

Olivia Coleman is a welcome bit of comic relief in this show and she's been pretty brilliant.
jeffk
AG
Any chance this show ends up introducing Super Skrull to the MCU? All the genetic mapping and "a way to make us stronger" got me thinking.
W
AG
just watched episode 2...

the storyline is progressing. That was a great scene with Cheadle, but I wonder if he is a skrull (or was replaced by one in the recent past)

I thought of the super-skrull too when the show talked of making skrulls stronger.

past Marvel series on Disney+ have taken off with episodes 3 & 4. We'll see if Secret Invasion can do likewise
jokershady
AG
So far really liking this series! The scene with Cheadle and Jackson was great and the story is progressing at a great pace.

The biggest positive for me currently though is Gravik. Finally just an all around really good villain and have enjoyed him so far.

And I've been enjoying all these characters! So far there hasn't been a moment when there's been a character focused on where I've thought, "ah crap we've got to deal with this person again…."

Looking forward to next week!
coldmoose
Enjoying it so far. Looking forward to seeing more.
Saxsoon
AG
Pretty tense episode all around. Enjoyed the scene at the museum, the in plane plot was exciting, as well as the stuff with giah
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Saxsoon
AG
I did not catch that it was freaking Rhodey on the phone with Fury's wife
joerobert_pete06
AG
Who is Rhoadie?
joerobert_pete06
AG
Oh war machine
joerobert_pete06
AG
What I don't get is that Fury's wife is a Skrull and the dinner scene verifies that he is aware of that. However since she is working with the rebels, does that mean she is a traitor or another Skrull pretending to be his wife?
Saxsoon
AG
I get the impression she is the same woman who got tangled up in Gravik's **** over 10 years of Nick being gone because she had no where else to turn. Except Nick is now back and I think that will cause issues.
kyledr04
AG
Great episode this week.
jokershady
AG
Holy crap I love this show!!!!
redline248
AG
Quote:

great to see Emilia Clarke. She's going to be the star of the series
oof
jokershady
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

great to see Emilia Clarke. She's going to be the star of the series
oof
do we think she's really dead? Honestly I hope so I hate copouts when it comes to character deaths….watched new rockstars breakdown and they are guessing she gave herself healing powers since she found the facility and is actually still alive………man I hope that doesn't become true
redline248
AG
I'm not saying there is zero chance she's dead, but there's zero chance she's dead.
Ornithopter
AG
joerobert_pete06 said:

What I don't get is that Fury's wife is a Skrull and the dinner scene verifies that he is aware of that. However since she is working with the rebels, does that mean she is a traitor or another Skrull pretending to be his wife?

Fury is just really into role playing and saw marrying a Skrull as the pinnacle of that.
Saxsoon
AG
I think a character may have extremis
Whos Juan
AG
Did anyone catch Rhodey's voice on the phone call with Priscilla at the end?
jokershady
AG
Yup right away. My kids went nuts
AgsMnn
AG
Does that mean he is one as well?
TXAG 05
AG
Saxsoon said:

I think a character may have extremis

I think so too.
Saxsoon
AG
Sorry I think two characters have extremis
redline248
AG
Saxsoon said:

Safe to assume multiple characters do.
jokershady
AG
redline248 said:

Saxsoon said:

Safe to assume multiple characters do.
I really hope she stays dead…not because I didn't like her character she played it well…just that it would be so much more interesting if she was actually killed and the death meant something rather than just another fake out
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
great catch by that twit
jokershady
AG
But WHEN did that switch occur?????????
jeffk
AG
Solid episode. Fun trying to figure out who is playing who and who knows they're being played.
jokershady
AG
New Rockstars has a theory that we've got two different Nick Fury's going on here and you can tell by the glasses.

When we see Nick with the glasses (which are high tech we know from the first episode), that's actually Nick Fury.

When we see Nick without the glasses, that's a Skrull that hasn't been identified yet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.