Avengers Endgame [WARNING ON OP 4/26/19 - STAFF]

114,224 Views | 903 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgfromHOU
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Endgame.

I was impressed with how they tied everything together, and I was legitimately surprised at how heavy it was at times. The battle scenes were epic, but overshadowed by the quieter moments which had me walking away really surprised in the best way possible.

That being said, Into The Spider-Verse gets better with every subsequent watching. Thanks to the aforementioned kiddo and his affinity for all things Spider-Man and especially Miles Morales, I've probably seen it all the way through a dozen times at this point. I like it more every single time.

And I still put The Dark Knight above both of them.
Phat32
AG
I could watch (and have watched) TDK as many times as it takes.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I thought Spider-Verse was good, but not amazing like so many on here. I thought the quality dropped quit a bit watching it on tv.
jeffk
AG
It looks amazing in 4K at my house.
mazag08
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

I thought Spider-Verse was good, but not amazing like so many on here. I thought the quality dropped quit a bit watching it on tv.

It was a cartoon that took an already expanding far fetched universe and turned it into a joke. The visuals were cool in the theater, but the plot was so boring.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
fretyuioz
Endgame trails Avatar by only $15.5 million now. Can it be done? I say...maybe.
DTP02
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

My kids picked this to watch last week on family Netflix night. I thought it was really surprisingly good until they introduced the silly spideys like the pig and the anime and then it kinda lost me. I watched the rest of the movie thinking how silly they were and it was a total distraction.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TexasAggie_02
AG
C@LAg said:

fretyuioz said:

put me down for nope.
it's technically already beaten Avatar's original run. Avatar garnered an extra 33 mill worldwide with it's extended cut re-release.

If Marvel wanted to break Avatar, they could've done it with an actual extended cut, rather than the tease of a re-release that they put together.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But it's also not beaten it if you consider inflation. Not even close, actually.

The only way it matters is if it actually beats it.

I kind of doubt it but I can see them leaving it in theaters all year just to get it.
Gangnam Style
AG
C@LAg said:

fretyuioz said:

put me down for nope.
The international re-release is being staggered, releasing in Brazil, India, etc this weekend. It will be very close, I think it gets it in 3 weeks.
Liquid Wrench
Bruce Almighty said:

I waited and watched it on cable. Made me regret deciding not to see it on the big screen.
Sex Panther
AG
It's official...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was just thinking the timing would have been crazy if it did it today and they could announce it officially at comic con.
Sex Panther
AG
Kevin Feige is having himself a day
AgMarauder04
AG
Suck it, blue Pocahontas.
Liquid Wrench
Yeah, that'd be a "Screw it, I'm taking a couple cosplay girls back to my room and not really try all that hard to be sneaky about it" kind of day.
redd38
AG
Is Avatar back in theaters somewhere? Yesterday boxofficemojo.com had Avatar at $2,788.0 (million) and today it's at $2,789.7.
Sex Panther
AG
James Cameron probably sent them a venmo
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Always enjoyed this tradition.

Decay
AG
redd38 said:

Is Avatar back in theaters somewhere? Yesterday boxofficemojo.com had Avatar at $2,788.0 (million) and today it's at $2,789.7.
It's still open in non-US markets right?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

i get the humor, but Avatar set that record while under Fox. Disney essentially bought the record when they bought Fox. It was probably important internally to set the record on their own.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

That severed head idea, holy crap!
Decay
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That severed head idea, holy crap!

Got to admit it'd make an impression
hbc07
AG
Finally watched Endgame this morning. It was ok. For some reason I wasn't too enthused by it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
hbc07 said:

Finally watched Endgame this morning. It was ok. For some reason I wasn't too enthused by it.
AgfromHOU
AG
Watching with my wife (her first time). She hates Captain Marvel.

Noticed that when Natasha gets Barton it plays the song that plays when Thanos kills Gamora and when Natasha sacrifices herself.

They repeated a lot of the score from the first Captain America movie

Final edit: she loved infinity war but thought Endgame was ok

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.