*** 2019 Movie Release Schedule ***

93,607 Views | 796 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oragator
TCTTS said:

If they pull this one off right, could be historically good.
Don't even care that it's Huck Finn meets Rainman.
Gigem314
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

What in the heck are y'all talking about
Complaining about people complaining and how TexAgs is nothing but complaining.
TCTTS
AG

hurleyag
AG
Seems plausible
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther
AG
ATM1876 said:

Sex Panther then, out of nowhere, accuses TCTTS of being a Russian agent! This is hilarious but also interesting because he's admitted to associating with him outside of this site. Are they involved with this fake account in any way and is this joke meant to deflect attention away from the two of them?

TCTTS
AG

MBAR
AG
For as hyped for this year as I was, its been a pretty big let down so far. A lot of the movies I was excited about have just been bad.
TCTTS
AG
Trailer announcement / behind-the-scene featurette. Trailer Friday...

schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

Trailer announcement / behind-the-scene featurette. Trailer Friday...

I feel like it's all coming so fast. can we get a trailer for the trailer announcement?
TCTTS
AG
Except that NOTHING can prepare you for Cats, i.e. what will be the THE cinematic experience of our lifetime...
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

Except that NOTHING can prepare you for Cats, i.e. what will be the THE cinematic experience of our lifetime...
ME-WOW!
TCTTS
AG
Btw, big trailer day tomorrow...

Full trailers for It: Chapter 2 and Terminator: Dark Fate, along with the first Top Gun: Maverick teaser trailer. Then Cats on Friday, of course.
Duncan Idaho
Quote:

I could mind less if Ali challenged Vietnam

I am glad to see that even the GRU screws this up.

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

Btw, big trailer day tomorrow...

Full trailers for It: Chapter 2 and Terminator: Dark Fate, along with the first Top Gun: Maverick teaser trailer. Then Cats on Friday, of course.
Wow, new Ad Astra trailer dropping tomorrow as well now.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is there a particular reason tomorrow seems to be trailer day?

Attached to Lion King maybe?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll be that guy - what's the joke regarding Cats?
TCTTS
AG
Comic-Con begins tomorrow...

- Paramount's Terminator: Dark Fate panel is at 11 AM PST, where they're debuting the full trailer (which will release simultaneously online).
- Paramount is then following that with the Top Gun: Maverick teaser trailer (which is a surprise, but will also release simultaneously online).
- The It: Chapter 2 trailer is premiering at something called "Scarediego," a Comic-Con horror spin-off or something.
- And I assume Ad Astra is just joining in the Comic-Con spirit, because I haven't heard of a panel or anything.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Duh. Totally forgot about comic con.
TCTTS
AG
Tom Hooper directed another musical - Les Misrables - which is, for the most part, disliked by critics. That, and a lot of people are still sour that The King's Speech - another movie of his - beat out The Social Network for Best Picture. Fair or not, Hooper is kind of considered somewhat of an "empty" auteur. Combine that with the fact that there a lot of people who think Cats is one of the dumbest musicals ever (there are actually some really funny takes about how stupid it is), and people are ready to dunk on this movie, sight unseen. It didn't help that the behind-the-scenes featurette takes itself way too seriously, and there is already a contingent of people convinced it's winning Best Picture. So it's a bit like Avatar in that the haters don't understand how something so lame and weird and self-serious - from their perspective - is so popular. So all these elements make for this mocking environment, which I'm kind of going along with because it's fun. Who knows, though, maybe the CGI is amazing and they've amended the story enough that it actually is good. It's got a hell of a cast, so I guess anything is possible. But if you know anything about the original musical itself, it's pretty ridiculous. Let me see if I can find this Twitter thread on it I read a while back, which is hilarious...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
People didn't like The King's Speech?

I saw it on Netflix earlier this year and loved it. Granted, I had just finished The Crown and was hungry for more royal stuff.

But yeah, Cats is never gonna be an Avatar. Won't even be a Lion King. Lol. I could see it being a Greatest Showman level hit, but I guess we'll know better by Friday.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'll be that guy - what's the joke regarding Cats?

Oh... I dunno

TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

People didn't like The King's Speech?

I saw it on Netflix earlier this year and loved it. Granted, I had just finished The Crown and was hungry for more royal stuff.

But yeah, Cats is never gonna be an Avatar. Won't even be a Lion King. Lol. I could see it being a Greatest Showman level hit, but I guess we'll know better by Friday.

It's not that people disliked The King's Speech. I like it too. But have you heard anyone mention it in the past decade? Compared to The Social Network, which is still talked about and still considered one of the best movies of the century so far. It's just one of the scenarios where if The King's Speech hadn't won, it might be better off, because then it's not the flavor of the month that beat the all-timer, which still rubs people the wrong way.
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Slumdog over TDK is far worse, imo.

I've literally never heard it mentioned before, discussed it, etc anywhere in my life.
TCTTS
AG
Finally found the Cats thread. For some reason the Twitter thread itself is screwing up, but it's all here at this link. So funny...

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2018/07/23/this-hilarious-thread-explaining-the-plot-of-cats-is-as-bizarre-as-it-is-accurate/
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. That's another one of those winners that then seemingly drops off the face of the earth.
Sex Panther
AG
Just wait until 10-15 years when people look back and realize there's a Best Picture winner about a woman having sex with a fish monster who ate her neighbor's cat
TCTTS
AG
Good call. ******* Grinding Nemo might actually go down as the worst offense. I haven't heard that one mentioned AT ALL since it won. Until just now. And that was just over a year ago.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.