*** 2019 Movie Release Schedule ***

93,561 Views | 796 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TCTTS
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, I just happened upon DiCaprio's upcoming movie list, and they all look amazing. Does he pick them all himself, or does he have help picking them?

I wonder if he has any interest into transitioning into directing at all.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I don't know why, but I feel like Heath Ledger would have been in this movie if he were still alive.
TCTTS
AG

Limited Theatrical Release: 03.15.19 / Netflix: 03.29.19
TCTTS
AG
In other words, Netflix is releasing The Highwaymen AND Triple Frontier theatrically, the same week. Crazy.
TCTTS
AG
Jordan Peele's Us is ALSO releasing that week. Wow.

I haven't been to the movies in almost two months - the longest drought I can remember - mostly because I've been tucked away at a lake house finishing a script, but also there just hasn't been anything worth driving into town for. We've got the Oscars this week, I'm finishing my script the week after, and then finally a sh*t ton of movies are releasing in March worth catching at the theater again, kicking off with Captain Marvel just before this batch. Can't wait.
TCTTS
AG
Actually, ha, scratch that. Us moved to March 22. Still, the sentiment remains the same...
schmendeler
AG
is "US" a streaming platform production?
TCTTS
AG
Nope. Just theatrical.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Hmmm. Looks good, and Egerton seems to have a pretty great voice, but I wish they could have found a way to use the real/actual vocals. It just feels off.
schmendeler
AG
i'd see it
maca1028
It looks great but I agree, sounded off at the beginning with him singing Your Song. With as good as I thought BR was I'll probably be seeing this pretty quick after it hits theaters.
TCTTS
AG
This has to be one of most vague, oddly toned trailers I've seen in a while. No idea what I just watched...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I actually really dig the fact that it's him singing. It might not sound as good as the real thing, but he's not bad. Gives the movie a more authentic vibe to me, even though I'm sure it won't be 100% historically accurate. (Which never really bothers me in biopics.)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Heh, fun fact. The guy played by Robb Stark in the Rocketman trailer is the same guy played by Littlefinger in Bohemian Rhapsody.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

Hmmm. Looks good, and Egerton seems to have a pretty great voice, but I wish they could have found a way to use the real/actual vocals. It just feels off.

Don't know why but I'm nowhere near as excited about this - compared to Queen. I mean I guess it is as a simple as I am a huge Queen fan and just kinda meh on Elton John. I recognize his talent as a showman and he had some good earlier stuff but I never had to own EJ albums. He was always more style than pure talent to me.

Interesting because both are Brits, both gay, both over the top performers, both pushing the envelope, both theatrical in performance really. Different musical styles of course.

Boils down to rock over pop I suppose.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Heh, fun fact. The guy played by Robb Stark in the Rocketman trailer is the same guy played by Littlefinger in Bohemian Rhapsody.

Yeah John Reid - Elton was his first client and they were lovers too initially. But that ended and he was still his manager until the late 90s when there was a lawsuit about Reid's spending of Elton's money. He had made over 73M pounds from him over the years.

He also managed Queen for a short time - the movie depicts that as ending badly but it was not as shown it was really just Queen moving on.

He also managed Michael Flatley the Riverdance guy and later was a X-factor judge.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Interesting the three other leads (aside from Billy the Kid) are all from the Magnificent Seven remake - Pratt, D'Onofrio and Hawke. And D'Onofrio directs.

The "kid" is the guy who played Green Goblin in the latest Amazing Spiderman. He is actually 33 years old - Billy the Kid died at 21 so he is playing him from 18-21. He looks a lot younger than he is.

PatAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Interesting the three other leads (aside from Billy the Kid) are all from the Magnificent Seven remake - Pratt, D'Onofrio and Hawke. And D'Onofrio directs.

The "kid" is the guy who played Green Goblin in the latest Amazing Spiderman. He is actually 33 years old - Billy the Kid died at 21 so he is playing him from 18-21. He looks a lot younger than he is.

He was also the lead in that Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, a movie that should have been amazing but got ripped in reviews...and was somewhere in between those two realities for me.
TCTTS
AG

Fall 2019 TBA
TCTTS
AG
While the wait sucks, the move to the heart of awards season likely means we've got something pretty great coming down the pike...

TCTTS
AG

Fenrir
Took me a minute to realize that was the High Sparrow.
schmendeler
AG
That looks really bizarre, but maybe "fun" bizarre, rather than "off-putting" bizarre.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, it's been a pretty troubled production, with all kinds of mishaps and rights issues, and I should also mention that's coming out on April 10th ONLY - as in, for just one day. I think it has something to do with the still ongoing rights issues, but I'm not 100% sure.
schmendeler
AG
Maybe on streaming after? Or like it will still come out in theaters on a later date? Weird.
TCTTS
AG
It's a Fathom Event for one night only, in 700 theaters, but I can't find a comprehensive explanation as to why, save for this...

https://www.thewrap.com/adam-driver-jonathan-pryce-first-trailer-terry-gilliam-the-man-who-killed-don-quixote-video/

Seems Amazon dropped it amid all the legal disputes, and maybe this was the best that could be done instead? As for a streaming release, I honestly have no idea. Without a studio it's going to be tough, but I'm sure someone will eventually buy the rights once the legal woes are worked out.
schmendeler
AG
Interesting. Thanks for the info.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, it's been a pretty troubled production, with all kinds of mishaps and rights issues, and I should also mention that's coming out on April 10th ONLY - as in, for just one day. I think it has something to do with the still ongoing rights issues, but I'm not 100% sure.
If this is what I'm thinking of "troubled production" doesn't begin to describe it. Isn't this the film Terry Gilliam has been trying to get made for like 25 or 30 years?
Fairview
AG
TCTTS said:

This looks cool but when I saw the title I was hoping this was the third installment of the Joe Dirt trilogy.
hurleyag
AG
Fairview said:

TCTTS said:

This looks cool but when I saw the title I was hoping this was the third installment of the Joe Dirt trilogy.
What was the 2nd?
Fairview
AG
Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser. Initially you had to watch it on Crackle but it's more available now. Admittedly not the finest cinematic work you will ever see and a sharp decline from the first.

TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.