*** 2019 Movie Release Schedule ***

93,447 Views | 796 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TCTTS
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Earlier this week I heard a take that all Sandler movies the past few years are basically vacations for him at this point. It's like he chooses an exotic location to vacation, then has someone write a screenplay set there. Then, sure enough, this trailer hits today and it falls right in line with that. So funny.
And a Brooklyn Decker type to hook up with.
schmendeler
AG
that looks like a fun one to watch when you just want something easy to put on with friends or whatever.
aggieactor01
AG
Exactly what I would do if I were him.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, once 2020 trailers start dropping, which should be in the next two or three months, I've created a new thread for 2020 and beyond here...

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3034035

Let's obviously keep this thread going for 2019 trailers through the end of the year, but then come January, we'll have just one thread for all years going forward.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
It sounds like it's a combination of the effects work taking longer than expected - by Gray's own admission - and the Disney/Fox merger basically happening at the exact same time, with Disney not quite yet knowing where to slot their Fox movies. I don't think it's at all an indication of the film's quality, but who knows. Either way. Memorial Day weekend always felt weird anyway for this, and the fall seems so much more appropriate. I've heard of a possible Venice debut as well, which I think is like the weekend before Toronto, but we'll see. Ideally, this hits the festival circuit in early September and then comes out theatrically in October or so.
TCTTS
AG
In defense of that initial January release date, I think that was supposed to be the WIDE release, not the limited release. There were rumors of a limited, Oscar-qualifying release on Christmas Day. Same as Sam Mendes' big WWI epic this/next year, 1917... wide release on January 10, 2020, but a limited, Oscar-qualifying run on Christmas Day. American Sniper and a bunch of other prestige movies have followed a similar pattern.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's crazy to me that there's still no update on Ad Astra. No changed release date, no teaser, nothing.

Edit: Oh wow. Well, that was the case until an hour ago.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/brad-pitt-ad-astra-delayed-1203203583/
TCTTS
AG
What do you mean? The producer literally just said it's not coming out May 24 and that it will instead likely debut in the fall. That's the article I linked to and exactly what we've been discussing.

EDIT: And now I see your edit.
TCTTS
AG

https://trailer-track.com/2019/05/06/official-first-trailer-for-it-chapter-two-lands-thursday-may-9/
TCTTS
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah sorry, I can't see any embedded tweets on here.
TCTTS
AG
Added it. Short version: It: Chapter 2 trailer Thursday.
schmendeler
AG
that movie looked like a good one until I saw the name awkwafina. I didn't know what she looks like, but I hate that stupid name so much.
schmendeler
AG
ATM1876 said:

Yes, she has an incredibly stupid name, but this movie was one of the most-talked about at this year's Sundance and is currently 100% on RT and 87 on Metacritic (the third-highest ranked movie of the year so far). I can't wait to see this one.
I won't really let it stop me from seeing it if I end up having a chance and feel the inclination at the time. but yeah, that name is dumb!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Now, to do a major update to the other release thread...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ATM1876 said:

Ad Astra now scheduled for 9.20.2019.
September, interesting. Expected October.

I'll take it!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Looks great - awesome cast.

Jessica chastain
Bill Heder
James McAvoy
TCTTS
AG
Could be cool...

TCTTS
AG
Sometimes I wonder how studios can be so inept at cutting trailers. Granted, this movie looks terrible regardless, so there's probably no saving it even with the best trailer editors, but at least give us some semblance of a plot or even just basic context clues. Are these kids in college? Why do none of them look the same age? Can their goals be expressed in ways other than generic, cliched platitudes? Why does it cut to a character randomly yelling out the word "titties" in a bar in between shots/dialogue of nothing to do with said titties? What is this movie?

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

that's godawful.... like an infinitely worse version of Singles or Reality Bites.... only with 100% people I don't know or care about and a complete millennial slacker vibe that makes me loathe them even more than i normally would.

and yeah it gives no real context. if i didn't already hate the entire concept that trailer sealed the deal.

i won't even stop down to watch that on cable.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.