*** 2019 Movie Release Schedule ***

93,285 Views | 796 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, with one of the biggest - if not the biggest - blockbuster releases in history coming next week in Avengers: Endgame, the studios are pulling out all the stops trailer-wise over the next week or so. Some have of course already been released online, but here's an idea of what to expect in terms of theatrical debuts...

Confirmed:

- Gemini Man (Teaser Trailer)
- Hobbs & Shaw (Trailer 2)
- The Lion King (Trailer)
- X-Men: Dark Phoenix (Final Trailer)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Teaser Trailer)

Rumored:

- It: Chapter 2 (Teaser Trailer)
- Men in Black International (Full Trailer)
- Terminator: Dark Fate (Teaser Trailer)

Additional Possibilities:

- Charlie's Angels (Teaser Trailer)
- Ford vs. Ferrari (Teaser Trailer)
- Jumanji 2 (Teaser Trailer)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Teaser Trailer)
- Zombieland: Double Tap (Teaser Trailer)

... plus others I might be missing. In other words, get ready for an onslaught of big-name trailers between now and next Thursday...
TCTTS
AG
Same. Can't wait. That said, out of all the trailers listed, I could see that one not being releasing 'til later in the summer, but we'll see.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

Max Power
AG
TCTTS
AG
I can't remember the last, true martial arts movie I saw, but this actually looks kind of badass...

agmag90
Hey TC, thanks for posting all the potential trailer releases. I'm particularly waiting on the IT teaser release. I wouldn't think they would play the IT teaser before Endgame, since its an R, right? I'm just asking, I don't really know. It just seems unlikely to me given the different ratings, but maybe I'm out of my mind? I guess they don't play trailers of movies only of the same rating as the movie proceeding the trailers...
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, no problem.

Pairing trailers with movies of similar ratings is something that happens, but it's not crucial. The It: Chapter 2 trailer could easily debut with Endgame, but if it doesn't it won't be because of the rating, it'll be because Warner Bros. is either waiting to debut it with one of its own movies or they think it's too early to release footage.
agmag90
appreciate it and that makes sense
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fenrir
Been 15 years since Zhang yimou has made a good movie but this one looks pretty ****ing awesome.
TCTTS
AG
The tech actually looks amazing, based on the trailer alone. That IS a young Will Smith, absolutely no question. More convincing than even the Marvel de-aging effect, IMO.

That said... ugh, I hate the flat, digital look of the movie as a whole, and it makes me cringe seeing the hints of how it will play in 120fps. Whatever the opposite of "cinematic" is, this is it. The picture quality looks like a cross between network television and something Michael Mann shot circa 2003, when digital was just starting to become a thing.

I will never ever ever ever ever understand why certain filmmakers insist that all audiences want to be "in" the movie with this hyper-realistic approach. The last thing I want is to feel like I'm "there." When I look at the Mona Lisa, I don't want to be "in" the painting with her. I want to stand back and observe it. I want to appreciate the framing and the brush strokes and what not. If I wanted to be in the painting - or in the movie - I'd buy an Oculus Rift. How about you pull me "in" with STORY instead?
TCTTS
AG
This, on the other hand, it TRUE cinema...

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
schmendeler
AG
ATM1876 said:

TCTTS said:

That said... ugh, I hate the flat, digital look of the movie as a whole, and it makes me cringe seeing the hints of how it will play in 120fps.
Don't worry, Ang Lee's one step ahead of you. He shot this one in 120fps and 3D!
but mono sound
Dro07
AG
Damn we are really close to just needing voice actors for movies
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Kind of crazy to see them respond to a post like this...

TCTTS
AG

GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

Kind of crazy to see them respond to a post like this...

Was curious as to just who the hell this Rodrigo Perez was so I went to his twitter feed.

It's half talking about movies and half "Impeach Trump!" screeching.

So, a typical leftist Hollywood d-bag. Pass.
Mr. White
MiB ("And women!") Int'l looks awful.

I DID laugh at her getting on the wrong side of the car to drive.
TCTTS
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why are all these Sandler Netflix movies so awful?
TCTTS
AG
By the way, between this and MIB, what are the chances two trailers debut the same week with the exact same get-in-the-car, the-steering-wheel-is-on-the-other-side gag?
TCTTS
AG
Earlier this week I heard a take that all Sandler movies the past few years are basically vacations for him at this point. It's like he chooses an exotic location to vacation, then has someone write a screenplay set there. Then, sure enough, this trailer hits today and it falls right in line with that. So funny.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Exactly what it feels like. And getting his friends paid.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.