*** 2019 Movie Release Schedule ***

93,469 Views | 796 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When I get some time, likely in January, I'll add all the relevant titles I've missed. First, I have to finish this script I'm working on, in order to make the 2021 list...
TCTTS
AG
Sounds like we're getting a new Shazam! trailer too, likely to be attached to Aquaman as well. Just updated the post.
TajMaballer
AG
TCTTS said:

When I get some time, likely in January, I'll add all the relevant titles I've missed. First, I have to finish this script I'm working on, in order to make the 2021 list...

Haha! I was about to ask what the overlap was between this thread and what The Playlist has! Best of luck with your script though! That seems a bit more important than an Internet forum.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

GiveEmHellBill
AG

June 14, 2019.

I'm in.
schmendeler
AG
is this like in Australia or England?
Dro07
AG
reboot or a "sequel"?
TCTTS
AG
I'm really looking forward to this for the cast alone, but man, that's a terrible title. It feels kind of dumb when a movie dealing with aliens/intergalactic disputes "goes bigger" by simply expanding to other continents on Earth.
TCTTS
AG
"Sequel."
TCTTS
AG
I mean, this is just straight up Scary Superman. They've even tried to ape the Man of Steel font and the Kent farm cinematography from that movie. I'm not complaining, as this looks kind of cool, I just kind of can't believe it's so blatant, which I'm sure is the point...

TCTTS
AG
Btw, this is the "secret" Jame Gunn produced project, the trailer for which was supposed to premiere at Comic-Con this past July, but all the sh*t hit the fan literally the day before, so they postponed.
maca1028
Wow. Font, lens flare, musical score. That's impressive.
Max Power
AG
That looks AWESOME!
Average Joe
AG
Now I want Gunn to do more superhero movies in this fashion. This looks pretty cool.
fig96
AG
Was coming to see if anyone has posted this one yet. Crazy intense and seems pretty dang Superman-esque, but geez I want to see that.
TCTTS
AG

March TBA
schmendeler
AG
Wow! Impressive cast.

Narcos+(Oceans 11-Humor)=this movie?

Was this kept under wraps? I feel like this should have been on the radar already.
TCTTS
AG
It's been in development for years. Kathryn Bigalow was originally supposed to direct after Zero Dark Thirty, and she originally developed the screenplay with writer Mark Boal (who also wrote Zero Dark Thirty). Various actors have been attached since then, Bigelow eventually moved on, Chandor came on board to direct, and I think it was even greenlit a couple times only to have the studio balk for whatever reasons. Once Netflix took over, it kind of went under the radar, considering all the starts and stops. Granted, it was news that Affleck was filming in Hawaii, and it's not like anything else was kept secret, but this is just one of those projects that's been in development for so long, when it finally went into production, there was already kind of an "over it" vibe in the media.
schmendeler
AG
Interesting, thanks for the background. Given that my price of admission is baked into my subscription, I'll most likely watch it when it releases even if it's not great. Have you heard anything?
TCTTS
AG
Havent heard anything yet. But with Bigalow developing, Boal writing, Chandor directing, and that cast, I don't see how it's not good.
Fenrir
I felt very underwhelmed after watching that secret Gunn movie trailer. I don't quite know what it was. Maybe part of it is because I can't quite figure out the motivation for him to go full evil super villain as a child?
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

Average Joe
AG
Damn, that weight loss has really done him well. He looks so much younger and healthier.
TCTTS
AG

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
IN
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This looks amazing.

TCTTS
AG
Really looking forward to this. Linklater can do no wrong. Fantastic poster, too...

TCTTS
AG

schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

ok that looks pretty good. I'm in.
schmendeler
AG
ATM1876 said:

it doesn't look bad, but I don't see anything that makes me want to go see it. I didn't see anything new or interesting in comparison to the previous 3 movies. (were there 4?)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.