*** JUSTICE LEAGUE ***

111,554 Views | 1009 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brick Tamland
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tv1113 said:

Love how the audience score is completely opposite from the critic on RT.

I haven't seen this yet and don't plan to, but I really think it just goes to show that mediocre marvel movies get way more of a pass from critics versus mediocre DC movies. Critics are just WAITING to rip DC/Snyder a new one.

Yeah, I don't think that's it.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
And with that, it's official: a Justice League movie didn't crack $100M on opening weekend. That's insane.
Kate Beckett
AG
I'm going in at 10:45. Let's see how good it is.

Disclaimer (as mentioned before): I'm going for Wonder Woman/Gal.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BO is not official until Monday. Just saying.
TCTTS
AG
SeattleAgJr
Scrap all current movies.
Do a Flashpoint movie, effectively rebooting everything including a new Batman.

Try again, but try not to be so greedy and jump straight to your version of the Avengers since you've already blown that load.
Kate Beckett
AG
I enjoyed it! I went in with low expectations. Gal was incredible as Wonder Woman. When Aquaman was sitting on the her lasso I bust out laughing.

Also got a free poster because the girl liked my Wonder Woman shirt
Forum Troll
AG
So I'm not a big box office guy, but does Sunday not count as "opening weekend"?
SeattleAgJr
Those numbers include an estimate for Sunday. They are pretty good with being accurate usually within a reasonable margin of error. Actuals get updated on Monday.
Charlie Delta
TCTTS said:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
toucan82
swimmerbabe11 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Why couldn't the MI folks CGI the mustache back in?

Or literally make a mustache and glue it to his dumb face.
This isn't that hard to fake.
it's kind of like "Office Space"... why should the MI people change if JL is the movie that sucked?
TajMaballer
AG
Now I HAVE to see MI6 to see why this mustache was so damn important! Brilliant marketing from Paramount!
TCTTS
AG
What makes it even funnier is that the mustache was Cavill's idea.
Noblemen06
AG
Totally dug this one. I'll see it in theaters again.
MooreTrucker
AG
toucan82 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

MooreTrucker said:

it's kind of like "Office Space"... why should the MI people change if JL is the movie that sucked?
What's the Office Space story?
FaceMask
MooreTrucker said:

toucan82 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

MooreTrucker said:

F me, go watch Office Space. You'll have a great time.
MooreTrucker
AG
FaceMask said:

MooreTrucker said:

toucan82 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

MooreTrucker said:

I've seen, and love, Office Space. How does it related to the CGI mustache?
Bruce Almighty
AG
And like clock work, Armond White calls this movie a masterpiece. So now, he has trashed every single Marvel movie, all three Nolan Batman movies and Wonder Woman. He's given positive reviews to BvS, Suicide Squad and has now called Justice League a masterpiece.
SeattleAgJr
Who?

Known for his provocative and idiosyncratic[1] film reviews, he is often regarded by fellow critics and audiences alike as a troll, whose purpose is not to criticise films in a fair and analytical fashion but merely to be contrarian.

Never mind.
Bruce Almighty
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Who?

A critic for the National Review
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Saw it today with my family. We all left the theater having been entertained, so I will call it a success no matter what critics here or elsewhere say. My biggest complaint, as it is, is the running time. It was just too short to really provide any meaningful depth to characters or the lightweight story. Would have liked to see a more fleshed out background on Steppenwolf and longer sequences with Barry Allen and Arthur Curry. And Diana returning home would have been a good addition. Still, enjoyed it for what it is.
FaceMask
MooreTrucker said:

FaceMask said:

MooreTrucker said:

toucan82 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Slowly I'll explain. It's referencing Michael Bolton in Office Space saying why he should change his name for something worthless.

FaceMask
MooreTrucker said:

FaceMask said:

MooreTrucker said:

toucan82 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Slowly I'll explain. It's referencing Michael Bolton in Office Space saying why he should change his name for something worthless.

FL_Ag1998
AG
FaceMask said:

MooreTrucker said:

FaceMask said:

MooreTrucker said:

toucan82 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

MooreTrucker said:

No need to be a ****** about it.
MooreTrucker
AG
Yeah, you could just remind me of that particular fact without being a dick, and only take one post instead of four.
Hagen95
AG
He's a Moore Hall Trucker, everything has to be explained slowly.
MooreTrucker
AG
Hagen95 said:

He's a Moore Hall Trucker, everything has to be explained slowly.
Don't make me come hurt you....
israeliag
AG
Saw it yesterday and had some time to sleep on it.

The characters were great - that they managed to make Aquaman not suck is quite a feat. The "talk to fishes" jabs were great, and Mamoa did a terrific job of making Aquaman feel imposing (and some credit here actually to Snyder too, for deciding to have a real feeling Aquaman, rather than a so-Cal surfer bro). The movie was overall enjoyable.

Flash as has been mentioned was great and stole his scenes.

I think this was said before, but Aquaman and Flash should have had their origins prior to this. I liked the backstory of each, as forced as they were, and wished we would have seen more of those stories. The Atlantis scene was pretty cool and they captured the underwater effects well, and the Billy Crudup scenes in the jail gave a nice bit of layering to Flash that we should have gotten in its own film.

Giving them origins prior to this would have also allowed for a more epic final battle with a reunification of the forces of Atlantis and Thymiscera to combat Steppenwolf and his parademons, thus also making Steppenwolf more intimidating. Plus, it could have allowed this film to really focus on being an origin story for Cyborg and being told from his perspective (much as Avengers 2 was told from Clint Barton's perspective).

The biggest flaw for me (in that it took me out of the film more than anything) was the art-direction/post-photography-effects (coloring and feel) being... just not quality or consistent. There were some good stylistic choices here and there, but likely due to the time constraints of reshoots (how there were time constraints with such a lead up is a joke), the film had this Sky Captain feel with the green screen feeling apparent, rather than used as a tool to make it feel comic booky (which I think is what they were going for?).

Ohh, and those wigs made the reshoot scenes so glaring.

Well, I guess here's to hoping for a Flashpoint reboot where they keep Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, and Jason Momoa. Everyone else they could recast. Though I liked Affleck as Batman, he gone. I also liked Cavil, but they f-ed up Superman too bad to bring him back (to not fault of Cavil, IMO).
FTACO97
AG
So....reading the article and forum thread posted in the past few pages....people now want the Snyder version.....

Wasn't it the Snyder effect on BvS that everyone didn't want in Justice League? People have complained and moaned about BvS ever since it came out and how WB needs to lighten up the world in Justice League and not be so dark and foreboding. Now Whedon did just that in Justice League with his re-shoots, etc and now people aren't happy with it and want all the dark and foreboding again......ridiculous.

For me, this movie was an absolute blast and a great sign that DCEU is righting the ship and getting these characters to where they should be. I really loved it and the only thing I didn't like was the Superman mustache removal work, although evidently it's only noticed if you're looking for it as many I have asked didn't notice it, because they weren't expecting it.

Maybe it's because I'm a comic book guy and know the stories behind all these characters but I felt the movie worked well and there weren't any glaring issues in the story. I even thought Steppenwolf worked well and was fleshed out very well through the Amazon's backstory and Diana's story to Bruce.

Just my $.02
gravy97
AG
I really enjoyed it...I left feeling I had just seen a fun episode of Justice League.

I think Flash's facial expressions so were great and just revealed so much without saying a word...

I also don't feel like I needed a huge back story on everything to understand or enjoy who aquaman or flash or cyborg were. I mean... sure they could have told us more, but they told me enough ... I also didn't feel I needed to understand Steppenwolf that much more... he was a big bad guy who tried to take over the world once... failed was banished... and is now trying again.
MooreTrucker
AG
I had the same reaction to all these "let Snyder finish his vision" after giving all the blame for suckage in the first place.
aggie_fan13
AG
IMO the dark undertones of DC is what makes it so much better than marvel. The last marvel movie that was somewhat dark was the punisher 2004. All the people that complained about it being too dark in BvS are now *****ing about it being too light hearted. They should just let snyder have free reign and let him do what he wants. Also affleck didnt feel like batman in this film compared to BvS
some men you just cant reach ...
FaceMask
MooreTrucker said:

Yeah, you could just remind me of that particular fact without being a dick, and only take one post instead of four.

My fault, you wrote that you saw and loved Office Space but couldn't put it together so came off deekish. Plus I was a little tipsy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.