*** JUSTICE LEAGUE ***

111,660 Views | 1009 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brick Tamland
Chad Thunder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's pretty obvious what happened. Zack Snyder didn't like any of these characters and just did what he wanted to do. Thus, everyone is out of character. Snyder has been near total cancer to the entire franchise and the WB apparently has no concept of planning things out years in advance.
Noblemen06
AG
Chad Thunder said:

It's pretty obvious what happened. Zach Snyder didn't like any of these characters and just did what he wanted to do. Thus, everyone is out of character. Snyder has been near total cancer to the entire franchise and the WB apparently has no concept of planning things out years in advance.

Lord knows how much better this "universe" would have been with a more competent storyteller at the helm. Shame.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Movie is projected to make $110 million this weekend. Really not too shabby an opening...

...until you remember that just two short weeks ago "Thor: Ragnarok" opened to $122 million. And he's not even a "major" Marvel character.
AliasMan02
AG
Since we're not making our Kenobi movie, the EB should put together a Batman treatment.
M.C. Swag
AG
Yea....Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman alone should never fall short of Thor.

These are dark days for DC....FU ZACK SNYDER!!!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Btw, seeing A LOT of reactions saying this is one of the worst villains in any comic book movie ever.
TCTTS
AG
So... who's seeing it tonight?

I won't be enduring it until Saturday afternoon, but am looking forward to the reactions coming in tonight.
aTmLoKi
AG
Spoiler Alert!

Steppenwolf's mom's name is Martha!
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Btw, seeing A LOT of reactions saying this is one of the worst villains in any comic book movie ever.
somewhere the dark elf dude from Thor 2 just pumped his fist
swimmerbabe11
TCTTS said:

Suicide Squad has to win this
TajMaballer
AG
TCTTS said:

So... who's seeing it tonight?

I won't be enduring it until Saturday afternoon, but am looking forward to the reactions coming in tonight.

I'll be seeing it tonight. God bless Movie Pass!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Taking my two boys at 6pm tonight.

Early buzz and reviews aside, there is no way in hell I would miss a Justice League movie on opening weekend.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

TCTTS said:

Suicide Squad has to win this
Not even close.

If you are a sadist to your self, go check out Superman IV: The Quest For Peace and pay attention to Nuclear Man as portrayed by Mark Pillow, who I believe is/was an Aggie. Absolutely the worst villain in any comic book movie, and I say that without having yet seen Justice League.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Got tickets for Justice League Sunday afternoon.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

Don't think this'll happen.

Fanboys and people who aren't scouring Twitter and Rotten Tomatoes will still be lined up to see it this weekend. ESPECIALLY after the hugely positive reaction to Wonder Woman. There will be a large number of females seeing this just because WW is in it.
Simplebay
AG
I'm seeing it tonight with even lower than lowered expectations.
D12Lloyd
AG
Seeing it tonight at 6
D12Lloyd
AG
I have to agree with swimmer. Even taking into account Nuclear Man. Suicide Squad was just awful
Kate Beckett
AG
I'm going Sunday. Mainly to just stare at Gal mostly.
Mr. Nobody
I bet all the critics saying steppenwolf sucks gave Ares in WW a pass when he was weak too.
AliasMan02
AG
Mr. Nobody said:

I bet all the critics saying steppenwolf sucks gave Ares in WW a pass when he was weak too.
Wonder Woman has a force field that Justice League doesn't have.
Cromagnum
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

TCTTS said:

Don't think this'll happen.

Fanboys and people who aren't scouring Twitter and Rotten Tomatoes will still be lined up to see it this weekend. ESPECIALLY after the hugely positive reaction to Wonder Woman. There will be a large number of females seeing this just because WW is in it.

Wrong. Women will be there because Jason Momoa is in it.
Kate Beckett
AG
Here for Wonder Woman. Not Jason. Lol
Simplebay
AG
Just got out. 5/10.

No spoilers...

Clearly directed by 2 people. The reshoots are funny but out of place.

Flash is the best part by a million miles.

Aquaman was so disappointing other than one scene. Cyborg was actually better in my opinion.

Batman is useless.

They sadly gave away way too much in the trailers.

Steppenwolf I forgot was in the movie between setpieces.

This music was boring. I wish Elfman had ripped it out and just put the unadulterated score in there. Too many cools in the kitchen

Diana is not ruined, by fortunately underused. When she's on screen for her looks (not apperance)... she's still charming.

Bottom line... let Whedon do Flashpoint and redo this whole thing. Get Snyder away from it.

I need to digest, but I definitely think it's worse than the Ultimate cut of BvS. DC is screwed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That could've used an extra 20-30 mins, especially in the first half. Things happened really quickly.

The second half was better, but the whole movie still felt rushed.

Cavill's lip looked AWFUL. A huge blockbuster and you couldn't get him to shave?

The humor was pretty good at times, mostly the Flash.

Loved the first after credits scene.
TCTTS
AG
Wow.
exitone
AG
Just got out and I'm having a difficult time giving it a rating. It wasn't good, but it wasn't a complete waste. So random observations are:

The movie itself was a bit of a clunky mess.

Wonder Woman is hot.

The Flash and Cyborg (and I guess Aquaman) needed their own intro movies before Justice League.

That was the first time I have ever seen Ben Affleck with a shaven face.

I dont know if I dont like the character of Aquaman, or just the Jason Momoa rock star portrayal, but I could have cared less if he was around.

Ezra Miller as Flash did a bang up job. Enjoyed that character.

Wonder Woman is hot.

The CGI on Henry Cavills beard was horrible.

Seeing this just proves how much Marvel really nailed things right. DC has such a great universe to pull from and they just cant get things right.

One question... can someone explain the dream that Bruce Wayne had in Sup vs Batman where he sees the demon flying things flying around and attacking him. How did that fit in with this?
D12Lloyd
AG
5/10 as well for me. Movie was just a mess
swimmerbabe11
What is Cavill doing with a mustache?
How long does it take to grow that back that he can't shave it first?

Wait what?

Why is this a thing?
D12Lloyd
AG
I think he grew it for the next Mission Impossible and the studio wouldn't let him shave it off. I think the reshoots he did for Justice League were at the same time of filming for Mission Impossible
GiveEmHellBill
AG
All in all, not that bad.

Not great, but not the trainwreck I was expecting.

First things first: the opening scene was a bad omen. Superman's CGI mouth was just awful. I mean....awful. My first thought was "what am I about to see?" Thankfully, it got better.

Good things:

Elfman's score used his original Batman themes whenever he was on screen. And it was great. The rest of the score was good, but no other themes really stood out. But the Batman theme was great to hear.

Affleck still seemed committed to the role. With all the rumors about him leaving and the reception of BvS, he could have easily just phoned this in. He didn't.

Gadot is....................well, she is gorgeous and she picked up from where she left off in her movie. She has really taken control of this character. I liked the scene at the end where she has now officially "come out" as a hero fighting crime and she was approached by a group of young girls. It was a nice touch.

The film was not as dark grey and Snyder-ish as BvS.

The scenes on Themyscira were awesome.

Cyborg was decent.

The not-so-good:

Didn't care too much for Flash. Didn't dislike him, but I don't think he was as funny as his lines were. I think most of that is Ezra Miller.

Aquaman's visit to Atlantis was terrible. Mera was in the movie for one reason: to give backstory exposition that didn't make any sense and wasn't very interesting to begin with. Also, even though his take on the character was shown in the trailers, watching Momoa act like a slang-talking surfer dude wore thin. I don't think I'd be able to watch a whole movie with him. His movie looks like a solid "pass" for me.

Steppenwolf. Seriously, his design made him look almost exactly like villain from Suicide Squad. And he wasn't interesting at all. Doomsday, Ares and now Steppenwolf. Not a great track record for DC.

And the plot about putting three powerful cubes together to generate enough power to destroy the world? Sounds awfully similar to what Marvel is doing with the Infinity Stones.

My main problem with the villain is that he was underpowered. Aquaman and Diana were going toe-to-toe with him and were just treading water against him. They couldn't defeat him, but he couldn't really defeat them, either. Then, Superman shows up and kicks his ass pretty easily.

I liked both post-credits scenes BUT as a long-time comics fan....the first post-credit scene may be the best post credit scene in ANY movie, Marvel and DC. It just brought such a smile to my face.

I'm not going to give this a letter grade or a number. I'll just say that it's really not that bad. It's a big step down from Wonder Woman, but a big step up from BvS, which I think is pretty much what we were all expecting.
exitone
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

First things first: the opening scene was a bad omen. Superman's CGI mouth was just awful. I mean....awful. My first thought was "what am I about to see?" Thankfully, it got better.

Regarding the opening scene, not considering the cgi... that was the worse 30 seconds on film. It was almost totally useless. Considering the cgi, that had to have been a reshoot. They seriously dragged him back in for filming that!?!?!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.