*** JUSTICE LEAGUE ***

113,242 Views | 1009 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brick Tamland
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So why is everything so ****ing dark in the DC universe? Thanks Zach instead of being metaphorically dark, it's literally dark. Looks like they just cut Doomsday out of the BvS scenes and added some new characters. Are we supposed to act surprised when Superman saves the day? Is that the shocking reveal?
Sapper Redux
It looks dark and joyless. So a total 180 for DC, right?
rhutton125
AG
Looks very Zack Snyder-y. The action. So many super-leaps
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm rich.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm rich.

That was good
MooreTrucker
AG
I think it looks awesome! And I love the music.

I just watched the animated movie "Justice League - War" (thanks, AgMarauder). Is that the basic story for this one?
AggieLitigator
I liked the trailer but agree it's literally too dark.
MooreTrucker
AG
Yeah, I'm afraid so,e really cool stuff is going to get lost in all the shadows.
Duncan Idaho
This looks like a cgi mess
scubasteve304
AG
I feel like I have Stockholm syndrome pretending Zac Snyder is capable of anything more than Sucker Punch with capes when he's not.

Oh well. Still gonna see it. Still gonna be let down. J Jonah Gordon looks like it has potential.
Solo Tetherball Champ
The trailer actually looked.... fun.

My low expectations haven't changed though.
TajMaballer
AG
This edit really brings out Cyborg's personality.

SeattleAgJr
Dear WB.

You do not need "rock music" to give a trailer energy, especially a hard rock remake of an old 60s song.

Either your movie has the energy on its own, or it does not.

This kind of music only serves to distract and annoy.

You are welcome.
Noblemen06
AG
Trailer wasn't terrible. I still don't get Snyder's obsession with dark visuals. Hopefully cyborg and flash are truly second fiddle to Batman, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman, who I think are cast well enough and have good potential.

I liked the humor (Aquaman, especially, can't be too rigid of a character) and I hope it's balanced out in the actual movie. Not getting my hopes up too much, though.
SeattleAgJr
We ALL know Superman will be back and in this. It is sad that they are treating the audience as too stupid to acknowledge this.
toucan82
How did Martian Manhunter look?
TCTTS
AG
Noblemen06 said:

Trailer wasn't terrible. I still don't get Snyder's obsession with dark visuals. Hopefully cyborg and flash are truly second fiddle to Bateman, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman, who I think are cast well enough and have good potential.

I liked the humor (Aquaman, especially, can't be too rigid of a character) and I hope it's balanced out in the actual movie. Not getting my hopes up too much, though.
This.

I'm just hoping that after JL - and Snyder is (presumably) gone - all of these movies can get a lot more colorful and fun. Granted, this one at least doesn't look as grim as BvS, and they've made a concerted effort in that area, but man, I literally can't even tell what I'm looking at half the time here. At least the plot seems way more straightforward, and one that makes a lot more sense than BvS.
TCTTS
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

We ALL know Superman will be back and in this. It is sad that they are treating the audience as too stupid to acknowledge this.
This is only the first teaser trailer, and we're basically guaranteed to get two more trailers after this one. WB has let Cavill Instagram a pic or two from the set, and I'm pretty sure Snyder himself has publicly said Superman will be back (even though it's been confirmed elsewhere as well). They're not going to put his return front and center, but I don't think they're going to hide it either. This is just the first peak, and we haven't seen the villain yet either. I'd be willing to bet that the next trailer will end with something like a single-shot Superman reveal, and that we'll see him in a commercial or two as well. We're still eight months out. The marketing has to build and evolve, and Superman will likely be a part of that.
Bruce Almighty
AG
That almost looks like a Zach Snyder parody film.
Deputy Travis Junior
The bad guys... Are those flying monkeys? Is the plot of the movie that earth is being invaded by Oz?

Looks like another CGI disaster with a few funny one liners. It'll probably be marginally better than your average Michael Bay Transformers movie.
TCTTS
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

The bad guys... Are those flying monkeys? Is the plot of the movie that earth is being invaded by Oz?

Looks like another CGI disaster with a few funny one liners. It'll probably be marginally better than your average Michael Bay Transformers movie.
They're Para-Demons. The army of Darkseid. They are setting up a final war with Thanos.....I mean, Darkseid, and this is just the first assault on our planet.

The trailer was better than I expected. Still not great, but my expectations were so low already. I really hate that the action scenes STILL look like a Zack Snyder dark mess. I can't wait until someone else takes the reins for these movies.

"I'm rich" is, hands down, the best line the DCU has ever had. Bravo, Affleck.

Wonder Women looked great, Aquaman wasn't bad, still not sold on Flash and Cyborg's cgi didn't look very good. Affleck still looks like he's having fun.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

I get the feeling Superman's role in this is going to be very small. That he won't be showing up until the end., when he is fully recovered.
schmendeler
AG
Looks entertaining
FL_Ag1998
AG
Gotta admit, I'm at least encouraged by the direction they went with Aquaman...a crazy, smart-ass who loves to fight. And the trailer looks like more fun than BvS. But as everyone has already said, its waaay too dark visually, cyborg looks worse than Bay's transformers (which is saying a lot), and well, Suicide Squad also looked like fun in the trailer.

And we all saw how that pile turned out.
fig96
AG
It does look fun, but DC/WB's problem has never been the trailers.

I don't know if it's the literal darkness or what, but the CG in this just looks so...CG. The "superjumps" don't help, but there's just this artificial feeling to a lot of it that I can't shake. Cyborg in particular just looks straight out of a video game.

As usual with DC films, I'll remain optimistic and will probably end up disappointed.
rhutton125
AG
Just be glad they didn't give the entire plot away this time
jeffk
AG
Oh, hey! A cool looking trailer! That's new for DC...

Except it isn't. All DC movies have cool looking trailers but then are doomed by terrible writing and plot devices.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

SeattleAgJr said:

I get the feeling Superman's role in this is going to be very small. That he won't be showing up until the end., when he is fully recovered.

Maybe the heroes will win a minor victory after Darkseid destroys most of humanity's major cities, and then Wonder Woman will fly her invisible jet to the fortress of solitude where a hooded figure will be waiting for her and she'll extend an arm holding one of superman's memory crystal as he returns a mournful look and the movie ends.

brew82
I thought the trailer was awesome, can't wait for the movie.
jabberwalkie09
AG
rhutton125 said:

Oh don't worry, I'm sure by the third we will probably be able to guess it. It's the trend after all.
p-townag
AG
Why does everything have to be shot on green screen? There is no grounding in reality. Looks worse than video game cut scenes. Everything in these movies look so artificial...

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
rhutton125 said:

Don't worry. They have plenty of time to do that.
AliasMan02
AG
That was hot garbage. The last Transformers had less CGI. That whole thing felt like Michael Bay, down to the rock music cover.

In fact, it feels a lot like this that made the rounds a few years ago:

http://filmmakeriq.com/2012/04/michael-bays-rejected-the-dark-knight-script/

Read that bit of comedy and tell me that WB/DC wouldn't buy that script today.
toucan82
Ugh. The only chance this has is if there is an amazing 90 minute fight against an entire army of parademons

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.