*****Big Brother 18 SPOILERS Thread*****

166,265 Views | 1462 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggie98infl
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Corey actually has done a little better as the show goes on, and on the live feeds. He sees a lot more about the game than his edit more or less gives off, but he is stiff on the pre-canned DR stuff for production.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
I haven't watched much of the feeds. I just assumed if he had much more to offer, they'd be showing it since he's in a showmance and all but maybe that was a poor assumption.
HTownAg98
quote:
yeah meant to say that last night. They gave clues and it was a house free for all to figure the clues out.

Paul was first to make it in, with I believe Victor being next. Anyway, he got int he room and there's enough envelopes for one person each in the house. He was told he could take 1, take all and give to each HG(I think), or take his and not tell them what was in there...but the others were free to find their way in the rest of the time the room is open.

So of course there's no incentive for being first because eventually everyone will find it. Which they all did.

So everyone picked an envelope, and in one of those envelopes it has the power to go right back into the game if you are evicted

Pretty sure you can't open the envelope until after you are evicted to see if you are in fact the person who chose the right envelope.

If Frank opens that damn envelope on Thursday, it's time to burn Grodner's house down.

They wouldn't do something so blatant like the Diamond POV, would they?
Bunk Moreland
Yeah he sort of reminds me of Hayden without the comp wins(although don't remember how much Hayden won early on).

He's laying back, got his girl he chills with, etc. But on live feed discussions you can tell he sees the house for what it is, and people for what they are.
Bunk Moreland
quote:

They wouldn't do something so blatant like the Diamond POV, would they?

Nah, no way. Not for a Frank. I don't even think there's someone so beloved this year that would have to face the drama. They got real manipulative when the perceived "evil" side of the house was dominating, but also butting heads with other HG's. Jeff called people out that year and Jordan was America's Sweetheart, so they basically gave him the "coop da tat" and crap like that

This one, if it truly is random, I'm fine with. But I think it was rather stupid that basically the person who solves it first gets the same chance as everyone else. So dumb. whatever was in that tomb should have been for the winner and the winner only, and for them to decide what to do.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Didn't realize there was the big jealously dynamic against Bridgette by Michelle
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Didn't realize there was the big jealously dynamic against Bridgette by Michelle

Yeah Michelle and Bridgette have been at odds all year behind the scenes.

Bridgette started the season by telling the majority of the house to watch out for Michelle and she was sketchy, etc. She didn't trust her, all this crap.

Michelle picked up on it and added it to her pre crush for frank and it's been pretty funny.

Michelle is another one u like a lot more on feeds than show. She's grown on me. She put in a ton of work and has become super close with davonne and Zakiyah
Jimmy McNulty
AG
There's just something about her that irks me.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

Yeah Michelle and Bridgette have been at odds all year behind the scenes.

Bridgette started the season by telling the majority of the house to watch out for Michelle and she was sketchy, etc. She didn't trust her, all this crap.

Michelle picked up on it and added it to her pre crush for frank and it's been pretty funny.

Michelle is another one u like a lot more on feeds than show. She's grown on me. She put in a ton of work and has become super close with davonne and Zakiyah
I'm glad to hear there's more to it. Tonight she came across as nothing but a needy, jealous beetch.
AG
I think Corey is playing a pretty good game so far, laying low, everyone seems to like him, and he is smarter than he is made out to be. If he can win some comps when he needs to he can go far. Let's see how he does when he's up against a wall.
aggietoolman
AG
There's more to the Meech stuff as Bunk noted, but she is really a very insecure jealous person.

She reminds me a bit of Andy (the rat) in his season, but not to that level. She floats around gathers intel and then spills it to the other side.

I don't think she has a solid partner alliance in the house outside of Da.

Bunk Moreland
Agree with all of the above. She's definitely jealous and insecure, and she definitely lacks and end game partner outside of possibly davonne.

I just think it's funny how blatant and open she is about her jealousy, etc.

Even though she's not my favorite, her show edit makes her look worse is all.
LHIOB
AG
Anything happen with the room?
Bunk Moreland
not shown on TV yet(will be prior to evictions tonight), but go back one page and we discussed it. They all easily got into it
rhoswen
AG
Just watched last night's episode and I now officially cannot stand Bridgette.
HTownAg98
She just picked the wrong side of the house, and unlike Paul she's either unwilling or unable to do anything about it.
rhoswen
AG
Oh no its not because of what side of the house she's on.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
She just picked the wrong side of the house, and unlike Paul she's either unwilling or unable to do anything about it.
I hate that "he's my friend so I won't campaign against him" crap. So his chances of winning are more important to you than your own chances of winning?

Idiot.
Bunk Moreland
quote:

Yeah. I think she was in a really good place at the beginning though. She was an outsider to the big 8, but had Frank and was part of Spy Girls.

But there was one night where a group were outside, and she was openly telling all of them not to trust Michelle, she's sketchy, etc.

If you ask me, that was likely her cattiness coming through, because both had to have known they were fighting for Franks affection. So she was crapping on Michelle, then Michelle crapped on her, etc.

Bridgette's problem is she got hook, line and sinker attached to Frank and her judgment was clouded from then on. Her HOH week was proof of that.

If you watch feeds she does give off an incredibly fake personality. She'll squint and smile super bubbly about the smallest thing, and then immediately just drop it back to a dead pan face and go back to what she's doing. I think that's what people pick up on.

Paulie last night was rallying james/natalie to go after Bridgette immediately next week. "when there's a wounded animal, you need to put it out of its misery, and she'll be wounded after Frank leaves."

Called her a beast of a competitor, almost winning otev and the last hoh, as well as winning hoh and pov? in her week, etc.

If it were me though, I'd let her float awkwardly for a while and then lay some seeds of trust on the down low.
Bunk Moreland
also, not to start ranting, but what ever happened to playing the game? the last few seasons have just had so much talk across all parties and everyone more or less just floats through as a massive group and pieces fall off as it goes. I know a ton of that is due to the awful structure with BotB and this year's teams plus roadkill, but my lord.

What ever happened to 2 people on opposite sides of the house planning early morning strategy sessions in the back yard? No strategy being done by anyone. it's just week to week and hope not to be the decided targets.
AcctAg11
AG
quote:
also, not to start ranting, but what ever happened to playing the game?
Was just going to post this in response to above.

I dont like how over half the cast doesn't seem to even want to win. They all just want the minor fame and summer stipend they get from being in Jury. The casting could be so much better.

Just another reason the show needs a new producer.
rhoswen
AG
Exactly. I know everyone wants to see young, beautiful people, but throw some "regular old joes" in with them. People who aren't just trying to get famous/chill in a mansion all summer.

The scripted diary room sessions are terrible, too.

Why do we watch this show again?
Ganondorf
AG
Just echoing similar sentiments. My main issue is the pay structure. I think if you paid everyone the same whether they are knocked out first or 14th then you might see some more action. Everyone wants the money so they need to keep off the radar until jury.

Also, the majority of the plants who never saw the show until sequester (or didn't even watch) have turned into terrible players who reuse the same tired lines so they don't sound like plants.

Surely not everyone who watches this show and tries out is old and ugly?
Bunk Moreland
Britney Haynes was a big fan. There have been plenty of examples, but that's an easy and quick example.
Bunk Moreland
to me it seems to be grodner and the casting lady's plans to constantly try for showmances.

part of the interview process, whether it's casting calls in towns or sent in submission interviews, or the "referred" people and waiter in cali wanna be actor people who think it's going to open up doors for their life...they ask all of them if they would have a showmance in the house. So many answer yes.

Then you get these little buddy buddy systems that aren't actual showmances, but the houseguests are already the type that want to latch on because they've more or less admitted they would, so then you get stupid talk between Corey/nicole, James/Natalie, Frank/Bridgette, Paul/Zakiyah, etc.

It hinders anyone's ability to work across the house. They are talk when needed, then jsut cuddle up the rest of the day.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
Exactly. I know everyone wants to see young, beautiful people, but throw some "regular old joes" in with them. People who aren't just trying to get famous/chill in a mansion all summer.

The scripted diary room sessions are terrible, too.

Why do we watch this show again?
The great players always become BB legends, not the wannabe models. I don't see why they don't try to get more Dan/Will types and fewer Calvin Klein ads.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
The great players always become BB legends, not the wannabe models. I don't see why they don't try to get more Dan/Will types and fewer Calvin Klein ads.

Agree. They can still get normal and attractive people in the house and play the game. A perfect example was Britney's original season.

The brigade of Enzo, Matt, Hayden, Lane. You had attractive girls like Britney, Kristen, Monet, Annie in the house, an old in Kathy, freaks like Rachel and Brendan, etc.

But they played the game because what ended up being the dominant group in the house wasn't a crew of people who talk about the club circuit after the show, or "probably just stay in LA and do some acting" as a fallback once it's done.

Even Clay last year, as much as it sucks to say it, was and is all about that. He was already looking to be noticed, and got on the show and played the ****tiest game, basically gave up a chance at a half mil in favor of his "showmance" with a chick 10 years older than him, they quickly went separate ways after the show, etc. Good for him that he's doing well, but that was a wasted cast.
CheeseSndwch
I'm shocked to see that Jason is still living in his Mom's basement. That guy seemed like he had such a hard work ethic and a will to win.
Bunk Moreland
Still no live feeds back. **** cbs
rhoswen
AG
Paul wins HOH
ftaggie09
AG
He just said he wants a guy to volunteer to go up next to Bridgette as a pawn.

Hopefully they can talk some sense into him because I would not want to be the pawn next to Bridgette who has nobody left in the house
Bunk Moreland
Good for Paul.
htxag09
AG
aggietoolman
AG
Looking like Da might be going this week. At least that's the plan and should happen unless there is some crazy shift. Paulie is running the house right now. James seems to have finally figured it out. Will it be too late like last year. Paulie is a comp beast.
htxag09
AG
Yeah. Paulie's playing everyone and I don't think they expect it.

Asking James and Corey to convince Natalie and Nicole to go up as pawns with Bridgette. All the while planning that if they can't back door day then sending one of the pawns home to break up a couple and have someone who has to rely on him. Or at least that's what was going on last night.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.