*****Big Brother 18 SPOILERS Thread*****

166,446 Views | 1462 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggie98infl
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Didn't see it posted, but Paul won part 1 of the HOH. They blacked it out on the feeds so I'm not really sure what it was but they were dressed like cats. Part 2 will be Nic v. James in what is typically a mental comp. Anyone want to put money on James winning? Barring a meltdown of epic proportions on Nic's part it looks like it will be Paul v. Nic for the crapshoot part 3.

I'm super swamped at work today so I'll have to give my two cents on the Paulie discussion later.

I believe part 2 of Final HOH is usually skill-based. Part 3 is mental.

The skill-based comp might have mental components, however.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
So they play the three comps and the winner of part 3 get's to choose who goes with them to the final 2?

If James and Nicole go, that'll be a shame. They knew each other before the house and planned to work together before it even started.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
So they play the three comps and the winner of part 3 get's to choose who goes with them to the final 2?

If James and Nicole go, that'll be a shame. They knew each other before the house and planned to work together before it even started.

Yes.

So James v Nicole in Part 2

Paul v James/Nicole WINNER in Part 3

Part 3 winner evicts/chooses who to take to final 2.

If James wins part 2, Paul will destroy him in part 3. If Nicole wins, then it could be interesting.
aggie98infl
AG
This is the part 2 from last year. They are typically mental with a physical component. Neither are James' strong suit.

Part 3 is really a crap shoot. I'm pretty sure they ask the jurors an open ended question and the producers come up with the alternate answer. The juror doesn't get the A or B choice so it may not be easy to guess accurately.

Here is the one from Season 14
emoney
AG
Haha a raging feminist? The only guy she had a problem with was Paulie. She loved Frank and if you ask some fans and maybe even HGs they might say Frank is as bad (I disagree btw) Paulie would constantly talk down to the other girls other than Nicole. I agree Day goes a little overboard most of the time but I would hardly call Bridgette dramatic and just because she is defending a female doesn't make her a feminist in my opinion.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Haha a raging feminist? The only guy she had a problem with was Paulie. She loved Frank and if you ask some fans and maybe even HGs they might say Frank is as bad (I disagree btw) Paulie would constantly talk down to the other girls other than Nicole. I agree Day goes a little overboard most of the time but I would hardly call Bridgette dramatic and just because she is defending a female doesn't make her a feminist in my opinion.

She stated all season that she was a feminist, in the DR and in the house to the other HG's. It was her big "thing."

So, either we take her at her word that she is one, or she's full of *****
htxag09
AG
She said she was a huge feminist multiple times.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
She sounded to me like she's the type that just wants to be something really bad, and feminist is what she chose, but she may not be "raging" as some have put it in actuality.
gigemJTH12
AG
I lost all respect for Bridgette that night they had like 2 beers and she laid on Franks chest in the HOH room while he told her how he screwed her over earlier in the game and she just laid there and praised him like a brainwashed, kidnapped child.

That was super weird.

Then I just started hating her because shes annoying as hell.
emoney
AG
I'm indifferent to her. I do find the HGs calling her a cabbage patch kid very fitting for her. It was definitely weird when she said that though, even Frank thought so.
cr0wbar
AG
Man - that last episode was entertaining as hell. Watching Day literally laugh in Paulie's face and he brings up "daughter" it goes from 0-60 real quick in terms of ghetto. She even got Biblical "you lay with this man?" to Z - you know they're pissed when that stuff comes out. Like someone mentioned "Inglewood always up to no good"

Paul has been great TV all year- especially him and Vic together these past few weeks. He's by far the most entertaining soul in there. I mentioned several pages back he was doomed to leave right after the Messiah - but he did a total 180. Rooting for Paul as well. He plays the game well, he's going to crush his speech if he makes it to Final 2. He's just going to have to dodge the CNT wrinkle from Michelle - that might cost him at least a vote from Meech and feminist Bridge.

Glad I don't have to hear Corey say "Woo- let's go" in the world's most monotone and uninspiring battle cry of all time. Nicole's piglette farce is really wearing me down as well. James is James - a lot more enjoyable last season but since he had that 108 lbs sack of **** hanging onto him for 98% of the game, he got really boring and pretty annoying.

Should we pool our Texags power and make sure Glenn wins AFP?
Thisguy1
Jury house footage is probably my least favorite thing about Big Brother. As fake as the house can be, jury house is 100% staged.
htxag09
AG
quote:
Jury house footage is probably my least favorite thing about Big Brother. As fake as the house can be, jury house is 100% staged.

This, plus you spend 5-10 minutes watching a recap of what you've already seen happen once and recapped once.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:

This, plus you spend 5-10 minutes watching a recap of what you've already seen happen once and recapped once.
yep.

The davonne/paulie stuff was legit, but it happened in what was such a manufactured setting. Can't stand the stock JH footage. The only thing more staged each season is the very beginning when BB cameras are filming them "discover" their key.
Thisguy1
Here's another issue I have. During the veto comp on the last one, Corey immediately says he knows the answer, day 58. He's running around and is SMOKING Paul as far as speed goes. They show both of their counters and somehow Paul is beating him by 10? And then Corey hits it on 38? How in the world does that make sense?
mloz12
quote:
Man - that last episode was entertaining as hell. Watching Day literally laugh in Paulie's face and he brings up "daughter" it goes from 0-60 real quick in terms of ghetto. She even got Biblical "you lay with this man?" to Z - you know they're pissed when that stuff comes out. Like someone mentioned "Inglewood always up to no good"

Paul has been great TV all year- especially him and Vic together these past few weeks. He's by far the most entertaining soul in there. I mentioned several pages back he was doomed to leave right after the Messiah - but he did a total 180. Rooting for Paul as well. He plays the game well, he's going to crush his speech if he makes it to Final 2. He's just going to have to dodge the CNT wrinkle from Michelle - that might cost him at least a vote from Meech and feminist Bridge.

Glad I don't have to hear Corey say "Woo- let's go" in the world's most monotone and uninspiring battle cry of all time. Nicole's piglette farce is really wearing me down as well. James is James - a lot more enjoyable last season but since he had that 108 lbs sack of **** hanging onto him for 98% of the game, he got really boring and pretty annoying.

Should we pool our Texags power and make sure Glenn wins AFP?
PREACH
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Who knows how fast they were going. They were trying to get you to think it was really close like every other comp. His DR sessions where he said he knew the answer was after the comp, so he can say anything.

I want to know what others were talking about when they said he complained to production and what exactly he was complaining about.

Did he fly around the buttons counting to himself until he got to what he thought was 58, and then click it before even looking at the board? That seems dumb. I also was very surprised to see Corey recalling events that happened on specific days. That would be hard even if you "studied" for it.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
quote:
Glad I don't have to hear Corey say "Woo- let's go" in the world's most monotone and uninspiring battle cry of all time.
The most annoying thing of the last few weeks. UN-F'ING-BEARABLE
htxag09
AG
Seemed to me he was going too fast for the counters or whatever to keep up. Was dumb not to look before hitting the button, though.

And I think him knowing the dates just proves he has really been playing the game all along. Some people didn't like the way he was playing and called him dumb and whatnot, but it worked pretty well.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
Who knows how fast they were going. They were trying to get you to think it was really close like every other comp. His DR sessions where he said he knew the answer was after the comp, so he can say anything.

I want to know what others were talking about when they said he complained to production and what exactly he was complaining about.

Did he fly around the buttons counting to himself until he got to what he thought was 58, and then click it before even looking at the board? That seems dumb. I also was very surprised to see Corey recalling events that happened on specific days. That would be hard even if you "studied" for it.
probably remembering dates with Nicole as they go along because there always seems to be this type of competition.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
I have a hard time believing that. That's got to be Nicole keeping him focused and half way trying to remember things. Maybe I'm wrong, but almost all of the house guests have made comments that he's not the smartest tool in the shed.
htxag09
AG
And those same houseguests thought he was just really stupid when he guessed 1,000,000,000 in the counting comp. But he had a plan and it worked. I don't know him, don't know how smart, dumb, street smart, etc. he his. All I know is how good you are typically tends to come out this late in the game. Look at James, dude was completely lost out there trying to remember dates. Can't really fake these comps.
Carl Underguard
AG
Come on, now. That had to be all Nicole. She's an actual fan of the game, so she would know that this kind of comp was coming near the end.
Carl Underguard
AG
Also, y'all have probably heard this before, but it's cool to see Jimmy and the Bunk are still into the same ****, like Big Brother.
htxag09
AG
No doubt Nicole helped. And probably instilled all the important dates. But no way she can go through all these random ass dates. He had to take what he went over with her and use what he knew to infer to some extent.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Also, y'all have probably heard this before, but it's cool to see Jimmy and the Bunk are still into the same ****, like Big Brother.

Indeed
Bunk Moreland
quote:

jac4
AG
quote:

To be fair to Paul, Michelle is a "see you next Tuesday."
Bunk Moreland
Paul has to win part 3 to go to final 2. That much is certain.

And when he does, he needs to take James, not Nicole.

Nicole already has a stacked jury for the win against paul. she'd get James, Corey, Davonne, Paulie, Zakiyah, & bridgette.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
He's just going to have to dodge the CNT wrinkle from Michelle - that might cost him at least a vote from Meech and feminist Bridge.

I know it's no excuse because you should never call anyone that, but wasn't he TRYING to provoke her when he said that (so he just said the worst thing he could)? If so, he could just explain that it was fake in his speech. Might even make him look like a better gameplayer too.
rhoswen
AG
Am I the only person who doesn't give two sheets that Paul called Meech a ****?
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Am I the only person who doesn't give two sheets that Paul called Meech a ****?

Nah, I don't care. Also, I'm fairly certain meech doesn't even care.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Meech probably call herself that everyday
Carl Underguard
AG
She seems a little more preoccupied with Nicole right now.
FHKChE07
AG
I think the problem that Corey had was that he missed hitting one of the buttons. I understood the rules as you had to hit either the base number or the 0 number on each base. And I think that if you watch it closely, he misses one and it doesn't add up some more until he goes around the next time and he hits the same base again. I'm not positive but that is what I understood to be the issue.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.