***Survivor: Worlds Apart***

76,068 Views | 578 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by gambochaman
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sticking with Joe and Hali. Ride or die with No Collar.
double aught
AG
Sticking with Joe and Jenn.

I'm a little bummed her HII play was only worth two. Maybe that should be worth more in future seasons. It's pretty rare that someone plays it, and it actually saves them.
Quinn
AG
quote:
Sticking with Joe and Jenn.

I'm a little bummed her HII play was only worth two. Maybe that should be worth more in future seasons. It's pretty rare that someone plays it, and it actually saves them.

I agree. Saving your butt with a HII should be worth more, though I guess you get points just for finding it, too.
zap
AG
I pick Tyler & Sierra going forward.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
well the rules can always be refined, it's not like survivor is going away anytime soon

Just a bump if you haven't logged your picks yet, we're about 35 hours from the deadline - and whoever the person is who wants me to look up the names for them - I'm not going to, I'm going to be that guy - follow the rules and post them yourselves, or you'll be DQed.
Rudyjax
AG
I didnt mean for anyone to look it up, but just tell me.

And its not against the rules to ask someone to tell you the names.
If I had said their names, I would be locked in.
I am still debating.
Quinn
AG
Are there negative points if you don't spend your money in the food auction?
tx1c
AG
I'll keep Jenn and Tyler.
Rudyjax
AG
Scratch Psalms 13:10 and the fatboy.

I will stick with Tyler and Sierra.
zap
AG
quote:
Scratch Psalms 13:10 and the fatboy.

I will stick with Tyler and Sierra.
For the record:

Psalms 13:10 = Overly Texas Guy

Fatboy = Obnoxious Yankee Mailman
Rudyjax
AG
Fatboy sounds eerily similar to the Alaskan Bush people.
BlackLab
AG
Tyler/Sierra.
CheeseSndwch
Jenn (0.5-point bonus)
Sierra (0.5-point bonus)
Aero Aggie 44
AG
Tyler/Carolyn
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Hali(bonus)
Mike

Dropping Rodney leaves me with a feeling like I've already won
jdgilberg
AG
Tyler/Hali
BlackLab
AG
Sierra chickened out.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Howdy Ags, well for the 3 of you who decided to dance all night with Hali ... at least she was nice to look at. For those who hitched their wagon to Joe's star, well done, he racked up 5.5 points on his own tonight if you picked him from the beginning (1.5 for Reward win, 2.5 for II win, 1.5 for surviving Tribal).

The updated standings are below and you can view the updated spreadsheet at this link.

My own personal wishlist after watching tonight's episode:
1) An animated gif of Dan and Rat Girl falling off the balance beam within the first 2 seconds of the reward challenge.
2) A youtube video of Rodney trying to solve the puzzles.
3) A 24-7 live feed of Rodney trying to solve all sorts of puzzles and brain teasers.

Standings through 4-8-15

Double aught 40
gravy97 40

tx1c 36

Aero Aggie 44 35.5

BlackLab 33

Ronnie 32.5

Earp16 32
LHIOP 32

CheesSndwch 31
MooreTrucker 31

Quinn 30.5
Hurley Ag 30.5

Muckraker96 29.5

Zap 28

txaggiefarmer05 25

Unthought Known 23

ChipFTAC01 22.5

jdgilberg 19.5

BlackLab
AG
quote:
EW: We heard Dan say some pretty harsh things to Shirin this episode even though they were not even in an argument and she had not betrayed him or anything. He professes himself to be a huge super-fan, but why would a super-fan be so blind as to purposefully antagonize someone he may later be asking for a million dollar vote? What was your take on this whole situation and when contestants seem to forget their end game?

JEFF PROBST: It's interesting how you put this"being a super-fan"because on the surface you're right, a "super-fan" would know not to pick a fight, especially with a potential jury member. ButSurvivor is tricky because it strips you of all facade. It ultimately doesn't matter how you want to come across, or if you're a massive student of the game. If you last long enough, the truth of who you are will come out. I think Dan is probably going to hear from a few fellow "super-fans" that he is coming across as a bit of a bully. Dan has a very strong personality with lots of opinions. When you are put in this kind of pressure cooker with a million dollar prize, everything is heightened. I would guess that the longer Dan lasts, the more chance for this to happen again.

What did you think of Joe's move to share the idol clue with Tylerwhich eventually gave the idol to Mike? Do you think that was smart to try to build some trust with a potential swing vote, or should he have read that to himself solo and then maybe spoken to Tyler after he found it?

First of all, can we just take note of the brilliant placement of the note in a bottle and the equally impressive coverage by our camera teams to catch the note moving from the bottle to his note. Yes, I know it's me saying it, but that's pretty good. Okay, to your question: It's such a tough call to armchair quarterback this one since Joe knew that Tyler saw the note. Those are really gut calls in the moment. Joe was playing the long game, hoping to turn a complicated situation of "I have an idol note but someone knows and could screw it up" into "Let's partner up and keep it between the two of us." It's one of the many reasons Survivor continues to workthe game changes in an instant. That scenario could have gone a different way with Tyler and Joe forming a new alliance and that would have changed the game. You never know what is going to happenyou just have to follow your instinct in the moment.

I know viewers often wonder about what sort of instructions the players are given in terms of a puzzle challenge like this when somebody calls out that they think they have the correct answer. Are they told to immediately stop working? And, if so, are they free to keep studying their puzzles while you look over the alleged winner, even if they cannot physically move anything?

It varies depending on the particulars of a challenge, but as a general rule, yes, they are told "If you think you have it, yell out and step back on your mat. And everybody else stop working." In some cases, we have them turn their backs. We did not do that in this case so yes, they could have still been studying their puzzle during the time it took me to see that Dan did not have it. Twice. How much fun was that to watch? Ah, sometimes we just get lucky!!

Okay, give us a tease for next week, sir.

To get to the end, so many things have to go your way. When they don't, it's desperate times desperate measures. Another great episode coming your way!
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/08/survivor-host-jeff-probst-latest-worlds-apart-episode
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Seems like Joe will have to go on a legendary Idol run or find someone to flip to make it to the end. Rodney is crazy as a box of rocks, but he had the right of when they should have voted Joe off.

Dan is becoming the classic "that guy" - smarter than everyone, holier than thou, tells you what he thinks of you because he's trying to "help you". His face the night he gets voted out should be fantastic.

I still like my pick of Mike, but damn he got paranoid quick. I seem voted off with that idol in his pocket.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
Seems like Joe will have to go on a legendary Idol run or find someone to flip to make it to the end. Rodney is crazy as a box of rocks, but he had the right of when they should have voted Joe off.

Dan is becoming the classic "that guy" - smarter than everyone, holier than thou, tells you what he thinks of you because he's trying to "help you". His face the night he gets voted out should be fantastic.

I still like my pick of Mike, but damn he got paranoid quick. I seem voted off with that idol in his pocket.

Mike's move on the idol was brilliant.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I wonder how many times a contestant mispronounces a word or uses a phrase incorrectly and it doesn't make it into the episode. This is starting to become one of my favorite parts of the show. There are at least two in every episode.

"Gonna put some substinence in my body" - Mike
"Cool, calm, and collective" - Rodney (he's used this one twice this season)

Hali had one last night too, but now I can't remember what it was.
BlackLab
AG
Rudyjax
AG
I knew I shouldve switched to Mike and the fatboy.
zap
AG
I had 30 pre-merge points. Add 3 for Tyler/Sierra. I should be at 33.
zap
AG
Mike showed some hustle (and brains) and found that idol. He seemed very emotional is this episode. I guess that's what lack of food and sleep deprivation will do to you.

Shirin is back to being super annoying. Her pitch to Tyler was lame. She wants to vote out Dan but has no plan for the aftermath. Super fan, my azz

Dan is a deluded idiot. I can't wait to hear his jury speech. "Flippers don't win."

Joe better keep winning. If not, he is toast. Tyler is his best bet to branch out from the No Collars.

I'm so glad the Girl Power movement stalled last night. Obviously, Sierra did not think that a vote for Dan (at this stage) was in her best interests.
Quinn
AG
Sierra didn't think ****, she just went along with Blues bc she has the whole time even though she claims to hate them.

Joe needs a Colby like streak. He's out the second he loses a challenge.

I feel like I should like Mike for his gameplay, but I just find him really annoying.

I do think Tyler and Sierra should have flipped and voted out Dan (actually Mike, but Dan was the plan).

This could be a terrible end of the season if Joe is eliminated and Jenn quits bc her buddy was voted off.
Bobcat06
AG
1. It didn't matter if Sierra flipped. They wouldn't have had the numbers if Tyler didn't also come. I doubt he was on board for a girls power alliance.

2. It scares me that Hali is going to be a lawyer.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
It scares me that Hali is going to be a lawyer.
This x 1000. It actually made me dislike her (and that's not a knock on lawyers... it's me despising the fact that someone as dumb as Hali can apparently be one).
hurleyag
AG
Is it too early in the show to be getting a winners edit? I'm trying to gauge based on that and it seems Mike is getting the most air while Joe hardly gets any outside of challenges.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
This x 1000. It actually made me dislike her (and that's not a knock on lawyers... it's me despising the fact that someone as dumb as Hali can apparently be one).
It's no surprise that Hali was blindsided on what should have been obvious.

Hali is a typical spoiled brat who partied thru undergrad and got a useless degree then went to law school to keep on partying. They think the world revolves around them and have no self awareness.

I know the type way too well...
Quinn
AG
Mike reminds me of the police guy that won a season or two ago. Could definitely see him winning.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
A few weeks ago my wife said that Jen and Hali were the two smartest ones on the island. I said no way Hali was, and then Jen played the idol and my wife continued to group them together in her claim. Then Hali said something stupid again and trailed everyone including Rodney in the puzzle challenge, and the wife is finally starting to come around that Hali ain't so bright.
BlackLab
AG

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Joe appears to be so laid back that he's not too interesting, other than be a challenger dominator. Mike is wearing his heart on his sleeve, engaging the camera like it's a person, and going full-tilt to try and win, so he's good TV. He's almost like a Will Ferrell character, I can def. see Ron Burgundy stalking people in trees, eating termites and doing the crazy dance/jump when he finds the idol.

The sadist in me would like to see a Dan vs. Rodney Final 2 to see how the girls vote.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.