***Survivor: Worlds Apart***

75,988 Views | 578 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by gambochaman
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what the hell does crowdsource mean?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
quote:

The opposing view was that he knew it was fake because he already had the real one in his pocket, so by playing it for joe, he makes as if Joe is taking the risk of real or fake, and he just exposes Joe as a liar.

This is what I thought. Didn't he see Jenn's idol? (I don't remember if that was a pre merge play she made with him around.) He has his. He should have had a pretty good idea that Joe's was fake and was ready for the numbers game that could have happened.

If that was the case, he could have sold it to Will he was "protecting him" just in case and bought more good will (no pun intended) for absolutely nothing.
BlackLab
AG
quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Jenn said "I'm not a quitter," yet campaigned to be voted out. Is it just semantics, or is there a genuine difference?

JEFF PROBST: Not in my book. But I'm fairly hardcore on that one. Others may feel differently. I don't know that I really fully understand who Jenn is, so I'm just guessing with this answer, but I think Jenn may see herself not so much as a quitterbut more of a "giver upper." As in, "This is frustrating to me, I give up." And if that's the case, then I still put that in the quit category, but that's only based on how I see the world. I love Jenn on the show. She embodies my version of the "No Collar." She's a fighter with principles and she'll make your life hell to prove her point. But if she has your back, she'll kill for you. I dig it.

If Jenn had quitor if she does in the futuredoes she still get to vote as a juror for the winner?

We'll have to wait and see on that one, but I can tell you that personally I don't see a spot on the jury for quitters. My feelings have evolved over the years and I now think that you have to earn the right to vote and the people who make it to the end deserve a jury of people who are of like minds when it comes to finishing what you started.

Okay, you saw that fake idol that Joe made up close. On a scale of fake Survivor idolswith Bob from Gabon's being the best and Ozzy's "fing stick" from Micronesia being the worstwhere does this one rank? And what do you make of the way Mike handled that situation?

I was pretty impressed actually. Mainly because, once again it's a very "No Collar" thing to do make your own. And due to the nature of Survivor, you always have the argument that "this is a twist." So what if my idol doesn't look like yours, this is what they look like now! It's a twist! I thought Mike played it beautifully. He is playing full on. I love it. I love when people go for broke because, as you know, I've said it many times, that is quite often when you pull away from the pack.

You guys were able to make it back in the water for a very fun reward challenge with some really awkward sliding from Dan and Will. I know you guys really wanted to get in the water more for these two seasons in Nicaragua, but the swells gave you some trouble at the start of season 29 when I was out there. How did you all end up dealing with that issue overall?

It never got any easier. It was one of the only bummers of this season, that we couldn't put them in the water. It would be the single biggest reason against us every going back to shoot there againthe inability to shoot in the water. But let's talk about Dan and Will! That was so fun to watch. I have to give Dan a lot of credit, he really is quite impressive in the water. He said it from early on"I can swim." And he can. But that challenge just by designwas intended to get those kind of falls, slips and oh my Gods! I was cracking up watching them, knowing I'd look just as ridiculous if I took off my host hat and got out there with them!

Okay, time to tease us up for next week's episode.

One of the biggest things to ever happen at an auction. One of the biggest arguments to ever happen at camp. Together, the two events set up one of the biggest finishes to any season. It's definitely a "don't miss" episode.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/15/survivor-host-jeff-probst-says-i-dont-see-spot-jury-quitters
double aught
AG
Did anyone else notice the Wilhelm scream that was inserted as someone (Dan?) slid down the slide during the reward challenge? I found it quite comical.
BlackLab
AG

zap
AG
Will perfecting the "walrus slide."
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw that. Looked like something from Sea World.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw that. Looked like something from Sea World.

I think i watched that 10xs on Wednesday.
LHIOB
AG
Wow! Ive been getting jobbed!
Quinn
AG
Pretty bummed that Joe is out. Not sure who I will root for now. Mike is playing a strong game and he is smart - he already sniffed out Shrin's plan before Tribal and was able to convince her to vote for Joe.

As for the bitter jury, I don't think that really exists, at least not anymore. I haven't seen more than 1 single bitter vote over the last 7 or 8 seasons.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Fine with me. We can crowdsource checking my math. I'll finish tabulating through the current episode an upload it.
Since there hasn't been much clamor from the masses, I plan on continuing to update my spreadsheet and posting the standards, and will review at season's end and make any necessary adjustments then.
Rudyjax
AG
As long as you fix my score.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:
Fine with me. We can crowdsource checking my math. I'll finish tabulating through the current episode an upload it.
Since there hasn't been much clamor from the masses, I plan on continuing to update my spreadsheet and posting the standards, and will review at season's end and make any necessary adjustments then.

I wasn't trying to **** on your system or anything, I was just trying to see if there was an easier way to do it while I was bored on a conference call. My Excel-fu isn't as strong as it once was, so I couldn't fully automate it, but I did come across what looked to be a couple of errors.
Rudyjax
AG
I dont care as long as my score is corrected.
LHIOB
AG
There have been a few bitter jurors in the past few seasons. There are always a few who don't ask questions, they just make statements and in turn make asses of themselves.
Quinn
AG
True, there have been bitter jurors, but besides that one guy's brother, I can't remember anyone voting bitterly. The best candidate at the end has won handily each time no matter what they did to get there.
aggietony2010
AG
Well this extra vote thing is an intriguing advantage...
aggietoolman
AG
Too bad it went to Dan. Hope it creates some drama.
Quinn
AG
Big advantage, though not quite as big as the Tyler Perry idol.
aggietony2010
AG
Lots of drama, none of it really consequential to the game.
aggietoolman
AG
Entertainment in the episode, but the third straight predictable ending. Only thing for me that is notable is that there are very few likeable members to possibly win. After Mike, I'm not sure I want any of the rest to win.
Quinn
AG
Totally agree with the last two posts. Not really anyone to root for, and Mike is not long for the game. Carolyn and Tyler are playing strong but boring games. Will and Rodney are terrible, and Dan is pretty bad too.
CheeseSndwch
Pretty big reveal in next week's preview.
gambochaman
AG
Mike lost his damn mind
He would have still had dan if he hadnt pulled that jerk move at auction
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
Mike lost his damn mind
He would have still had dan if he hadnt pulled that jerk move at auction

Possible million dollar mistake.
MooreTrucker
AG
I should get extra points for that post vote off speech!
CheeseSndwch
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Good for Shirin. She hasn't been the most likeable person to this point, but nobody deserves that kind of verbal abuse. Jeff dropped the ball though by not spending any time calling out Will. Crazy how fast he went from decent to despicable.
AggieGirl35
AG
Team Shirin. I don't even care. Agreed that she's not like the best person ever, but good lord Will went off the deep end. What a miserable person.
Quinn
AG
That was a great move by Shirin. Will wasn't sacrificing anything - he had zero chance to win immunity. He was a complete ******* to her; I'm surprised she didn't punch him when he kept on interrupting her at tribal - I know I would have.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I wonder what their policy is on verbal abuse. What if she had dropped the n-word on Will? I bet she would have been gone in a minute, but saying people have "no soul" and nobody likes them is OK? Even if Mike blew his chance at $1 million tonight, at least he was man enough to stand up for Rat girl, as unappealing as she is.

New standings below -

tx1c 43.5
Aero Aggie 44 43.5
BlackLab 43.5
zap 43.5

gravy97 43

doubleaught 41.5

LHIOB 39.5
hurleyag 39.5
Ronnie 39.5

MooreTrucker 38.5

CheeseSndwch 37
Muckraker 37

Earp16 35

Unthought Known 33.5

Quinn 30.5

txaggiefarmer05 29

ChipFTAC01 26.5

jdgilberg 25.5
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Possibly one of the biggest WTF explosions on the show by Will. I know they edit and maybe he did, but at tribal he could have done a lot better job of at least trying to patch it up on the surface, even just for appearances if he is that callous of an ass. But just like the challenges, he has no chance to get any votes. Imagine if it fell to Rodney, Dan and Will at the end. Ugh.
zap
AG
Will could have attacked any number of people who questioned his integrity. He chose Shirin because he knew she is the weakest. The dum dum should have just kept his snacks secret. No one ever gets rewarded for sharing.

I loved when Tyler, Carolyn and Sierra tried to pressure Dan about his vote. They pushed too hard and he pushed back. Classic Dan move...talking about his "density."

Mike was so paranoid after hearing Rodney and crew plan his ousting, that he felt that advantage was his only shot at safety. He was willing to sacrifice his letter and his relationships with all the other survivors to get it.
gambochaman
AG
yup...he's definitely letting paranoia get the best of him.

he's going to have to reel dan back in and keep shirin now...thats a 3v5. he can use his idol to make it 3v4 and then dan's extra vote to make it 3v3

there's a lot of very interesting scenarios that could happen going forward. tyler snooping in dan's bag could be also a million dollar mistake if dan finds out

lots of drama coming up

looks like all of the people left have jumped on the crazy train

YALL BETTER RELAX
Rudyjax
AG
A couple of things....

I thnk they left oyt Jen telling Mike and Shirin to vote for her. It only makes sense that way with them voting for her.

Mike should've let them vote him, and taken out a key piece of their alliance. Used his idol that know one knows about.

When Mike goes, there is not a single likeable player left. Tyler isnt unlikable, but he is boring.

Will and Dan are so weak they have to be mean to the weakest player. Its sad. That my friends is called bullying. Will didnt go after Mike or Jenn, who wouldve fought back. Just Shirin. And then his attitude at tribal, wow c

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.