***Survivor: Worlds Apart***

77,244 Views | 578 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by gambochaman
PetroAg87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
To me Dan seems like a person who doesn't see things the way others do. He will defend his game and continue to think everything he's said about himself. I don't think anything at the reunion will change this. The most that I would expect would be a small apology for some things he said to Shirin.
Listened to Dan on a podcast exit interview and he is blaming everything on the television edit. Says that the editors left out all of the conversations that justify his behaviors...... sure they did, Dan....
Jack Klompus
AG
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/13/survivor-host-jeff-probst-dans-double-vote-advantage
quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Neither of the teams could figure out the reward phrase of "A reward with all the fixin's," even with your increasingly obvious clues. How do those clues work? Do you have it mapped out beforehand in terms of, "If it goes this long I'll say this," or is it more organic than that? Also, were you shocked at how long it took them? Was the Dream Team (who test out the challenges) as stumped as the contestants?

JEFF PROBST: That was a fun one for us because going into it we didn't have much of an idea how long it would take. A lot of our Dream Teamers are fans, but a fair amount are locals as well so we couldn't rely on them as a true gauge. As far as the clues, believe it or not, we do talk through ideas of what I could say just in case it happens. But I'll admit this one went way beyond anything we ever even considered. I also thought it was interesting that Sierra wasn't listening to me and Carolyn wasbecause I do talk so much during challenges that it's not a bad strategy to block me out. Unless I'm saying something that might help you! There was a point where I thought to myself, "Hmmm maybe we went too far with this one!" Fortunately they pulled it out!

We've seen hardly any individual reward challenges this season. I like those because then you always have the drama of whom the winner will choose to take with them. Remarkably, the Survivor gods have once again smiled down upon you and you've gotten that picking drama anyway because of Rodney continually asking for someone to give up their slot. But why the move away from individual reward challenges? Was the thinking to give viewers a bit of both: team challenges for reward and individual ones for immunity?

There are a variety of reasons. Sometimes we decide to go the route of using reward challenges to see if we can mix up alliances by having, say, four people who don't normally "talk" end up on the same "team" for that reward to see what it does to the dynamic. Sometimes we just have challenges that we want to use and they're more "team" oriented. In seasons when we merge with a lot of people it's also very hard to get proper coverage on 11 people, so sometimes we use team rewards until we get to a smaller number. But totally hear you and agree with you that for the most part we are better off doing individual rewards.

Now that it has played out in full, give me your thoughts on your first double vote advantage. I liked it because it is a threat out there, but not too powerful in that it can't save you if A) Too many people vote against you, or B) Someone uses an idol. It is not a get out of jail free card, yet can unleash subtle wrinkles in play and a potential game-changing moment at Tribal Council (although not this time). What are your feelings on its application, how Dan used it, and whether we may see it again?

I really liked it. It was a big deal for us as a creative team to go for it. We've talked about it for years but felt it might be too much power, but clearly we're beginning to ease up on that kind of thinking! I thought Dan played it well based on the information he hadyou can't blame someone when they get blindsided. Overall I was really happy with it and yes, I could see us using it again. Just a matter of when and where

Big finale and big announcement of the new fan-voted Survivor cast coming up at the reunion next week. Tease us up, sir!

We have a great finale. I hope the fans like it. Lots of drama and fireworks and surprises. Plus some love! Mike still has his back against the wall will anybody team up with him or will he remain a lone wolf? Carolyn has played a strong game and if she can get to the end she has a good argument. Rodney, despite his frustrations about his birthday, has played a very strong and "quiet" game of keeping his alliance together and would love to see him get a chance to plead his case. Sierra needs to make a move otherwise she is going to face a tough jury. This is what I mean when I say you have to make moves, otherwise you find yourself deep in the game with very little resume. Will has the tallest hill to climb. He's the long shot at this point. It's not out of the question but he'd have to really turn it on these last few days. For next season, the voting for Second Chance is really fun to watch play out. I see the results daily and the top 10 is most definitely "in play." I thought it would be very predictable, but it's not. So fans who are voting, those votes are having an impact. I'm very excited to reveal the cast "live" next Wednesday during the reunion show. The selected players will leave directly from CBS Studios and begin their journey to location! Super cool!
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
So does Dan get over his butt hurt and vote for Mike?

I just watched Dan at Ponderosa. He's but hurt bad. I can't see him voting for Mike at all.

You cant get rid of someone no matter how hard you try, and then wont vote for him to win. What a **** head.

Why should Dan vote for Mike........because you are a fan of Mike?

Survivor contestants are free to vote for whoever they want to win. I can't stand this phenomenon of the past few years of a player that "deserves" to win.

The only player that "deserves" to win is the one that receives the most votes at the Final TC.

I said why Mike deserves his vote if he makes it. They all tried for 5 straight votes to oust him. And he couldnt.

I dont even particularly like Mike. I just like how he has played the game. And Dan admits they can't get rid of him. That is why Mike deserved his vote. But we dont know if he earned it.
Kellso
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I just watched Dan at Ponderosa. He's but hurt bad. I can't see him voting for Mike at all.

You cant get rid of someone no matter how hard you try, and then wont vote for him to win. What a **** head.

Survivor contestants are free to vote for whoever they want to win. I can't stand this phenomenon of the past few years of a player that "deserves" to win.

The only player that "deserves" to win is the one that receives the most votes at the Final TC.

I said why Mike deserves his vote if he makes it. They all tried for 5 straight votes to oust him. And he couldnt.

I dont even particularly like Mike. I just like how he has played the game. And Dan admits they can't get rid of him. That is why Mike deserved his vote. But we dont know if he earned it.

What in the world does "deserve" have to do with anything????? You used that word twice.
"Deserve" has nothing to do with Survivor.

Ever since Natalie beat fan favorite Russell Hanz this idea of who is more deserving has become more engrained in the Survivor community.

Nobody "Deserves" Dan's vote. He is free to vote for whoever he wants to win.
zap
AG
I daserv ya vote, bro. Fa real. Afta what happened on my ma birthday, I daserv it. Bro.
aTmAg
AG
quote:

And we are free to call Dan a butt hurt puzzy if he votes for some moron who did nothing over Mike.
Quinn
AG
Predictions for tonight?

I'm going to say that Mike wins it over Rahdney and Will, but the only part of that I'm confident in is that Will gets 3rd place.
Rudyjax
AG
Rodney gets Dans vote.

It will be Mike, Rodney, Will.
Carolyn, Rodney, Will.
Sierra, Rodney, Will.

Mike wins
Carolyn wins
rodney wins.

Anyone else have Sierra to win in the pool?
zap
AG
I have Sierra remaining, but she better do something meritorious soon, or she will have trouble garnering votes.
Rudyjax
AG
Damn. Probably cant win then.
Quinn
AG
I could see Sierra winning a final three of her, Rahdney, and Will. She would need to win the final immunity challenge and Rahdney would need to piss some people off during the final Q&A, though.
BlackLab
AG
I think Mike wins.
Rudyjax
AG
Mike has to win 2 immunity challenges.
LHIOB
AG
The reunion should be fun. Cant wait to see what kind of sleeveless formal wear Rodney chooses. And I hope Jeff asks him about Deflategate.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Interesting to see them dispatch Sierra vs Carolyn. Mike = one immunity win away from $1 mill. Carolyn = 1 Mike loss from $1 milllion.
rhoswen
AG
Watching Dan roll his eyes every time he looks at Mike makes me want to slap him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This fire challenge. So sad.
aggietoolman
AG
Dan wanted to vote for Rodney to win so bad. Kind of think Carolyn wins. Hope I'm wrong.
Quinn
AG
Dead fish
TRM
AG
Love Jenn's and Shirin's speeches at TC.
aggietoolman
AG
Glad I was wrong.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Loved the marker sniff from shirin
CheeseSndwch
I couldn't help but think of this classic while watching the fire challenge.
Quinn
AG
I wish the reunion was just clips of Rahdney saying ridiculous stuff and doing impressions.
bilbobag
So are Sierra and Mike an item?
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What in the world does "deserve" have to do with anything????? You used that word twice.
"Deserve" has nothing to do with Survivor.

Ever since Natalie beat fan favorite Russell Hanz this idea of who is more deserving has become more engrained in the Survivor community.

Looks like Mike earned Dans vote as he deserved it. When you try and try and try to get rid of someone and cant, they "deserve" your vote.
Fat Bib Fortuna
The final standings of the pick'em. By winning the first reward, both immunities, surviving the Round of 5 and Round of 4 tribals and winning the overall title, Mike racked up 16.5/20 points in the final episode, leading to a big swing in the standings.

1) Muckraker96 70.5
2) Aero Aggie 44 70
3) gravy97 69.5
4) Ronnie 68
5) Earp16 61.5
6) txaggiefarmer05 60.5
T-7) Zap, BlackLab 55
9) ChipFTAC01 52.5
10) hurleyag 50.5
11) tx1c 46.5
12) CheeseSndwch 45.5
13) Unthought Known 45
14) LHIOB 42.5
T-15) MooreTrucker, doubleaught 41.5
17) Quinn 30.5
18) jdgilberg 28.5

bbattbq01
AG
Man, that fire challenge was more than sad. Glad Mike won, didn't like him for most of the game but have been for him since Joe went out.

Cast for next season is interesting! Good mix of people I didn't like, people I liked, and a few I don't really remember.
zap
AG
I thought Mike's decision to "keep" Carolyn was gonna cost him, but it didn't. Sad that the reunion show was dominated by Dan's dumb comments.

Apparently, a good portion of the fans like Shirin. I am not one of them.
HTownAg98
I'm glad Mike won. Anytime you go on an immunity run like that and aren't a complete jerk, you should win. I think his apology to Dan made it a blowout in the final vote.
Evidently, Dan has an extreme case of the butthurt. I didn't know he was lambasting Survivor in the media. He seems to lack self-awareness.
LHIOB
AG
Jeff was having none of Dans s***. He let him hang himself with his comment about the edit and context and then showed him an unedited clip.
Kellso
Good season. I was not a fan of the season from a few years ago that was just the Tony show.

Personally speaking, my favorite final tribal councils are when the last two people standing are the most hated, but Mike played to win and he did.

The cast that was picked for the next season is almost the exact same people that I would have chosen.
Im most glad to see Kelly from Season 1, Stephen from Tocatins and Andrew from Pearl Islands get a second chance.

I thought most people would have forgotten about Andrew since the Pearl Island season was back in 2003 or 2004, but he got completely screwed when Survivor brought back contestants that had already been voted out.

For awhile it seemed like Survivor was recycling the same returning players....so its good to see some new blood.
gambochaman
AG
glad for Mike...he was the most deserving player this season...he played his ass off from day 1 and flat out dominated in challenges

i actually really liked Mike's strategy to let carolyn and rodney battle it out....he exposed those two and their lack of skill...seriously? you cant make a fire on day 38? LOL

rodney is such a freaking cry baby....his expletives when he got voted out were akin to a toddler not getting candy and throwing a fit on the floor

and lol at dan....what a sad dumb bitter little man...
gambochaman
AG
from EW's finale recap:

quote:
But the most incredible thing BY FAR that went down has to be this: Rodney voted for Will to win Survivor: Worlds Apart. Not only did Rodney vote for Will to winSurvivor: Worlds Apart, but he voted for him based on the fact thatand I'm quoting hereWill "kept it real." I know this because Rodney's comments while voting for the #DeadFish to take home the million dollars were "I kept it real in this game. You kept it real in this game."
Lest anyone think Will's qualifications for "keeping it real" were not quite up to snuff, Rodney used his one precious question to the finalist to ask Will the following incisive and probing query: "How did you keep it real?" HOW DID YOU KEEP IT REAL?!?! THAT WAS HIS QUESTION!!! Apparently, Will's dissertation on the art of keeping it real must has satisfied Rodney's ever-so-high standards because he then awarded him his votethe most inexplicable vote since Ralph Malph voted for Phillip Sheppard to win Redemption Islandproclaiming that his No Collar friend did, in fact, keep it realand thank God for that.

LOLOLOL
gambochaman
AG
http://www.ew.com/recap/survivor-season-30-finale

the full recap....just great stuff

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.