***Survivor: Worlds Apart***

75,993 Views | 578 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by gambochaman
BlackLab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I also think I remember Probst saying they did not make the cast with the idea of doing White collar v. blue collar v. no caller. Rather, they made the entire cast on their own merits and then it worked out that they could fit them into that theme.
MooreTrucker
AG
Jenn is a bit of a butterface, so I'm going with proximity hot

Hali (who actually reminds me of Haley Dunphy)

zap
AG
I like Jenn when she is quiet. I'm not a big fan of her personality.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
This is an entertaining show.
I like it OK, but the editing is a bit heavy handed. When Shirin and Max were talking about how they know Survivor so well and how they were in control, right then I knew that one of them was going home.
They do that for everything.

1. Jeff warns people on about five different occasions to be careful dropping the lift, and Kelly takes a shot to the forehead.
2. Mailman says he knows how to talk to girls, then makes things incredibly worse with his "apology".
3. Max says he feels safe, gets voted out
#1 was not editing, just happenstance.
I'm saying that the editors could have left out the 3rd, 4th, and 5th times he said it. We got the point, but they laid it on pretty thick. It became pretty obvious that someone was going to get hit.
Rudyjax
AG
What is your point?
Gramercy Riffs
AG
My point is that the show can be predictable with its over the top foreshadowing. It's not like it gets in my way of enjoying the show though.

It was a fairly insignificant comment. Not sure why it drew this sort of attention at all.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
My point is that the show can be predictable with its over the top foreshadowing. It's not like it gets in my way of enjoying the show though.

It was a fairly insignificant comment. Not sure why it drew this sort of attention at all.
What's THAT supposed to mean?
double aught
AG
quote:
gravy97 13
double aught 13
tx1c 13
Aero Aggie 44 13
First place. Cool.

Too bad Shirin is one of my pics.

And speaking of Shirin, you'd think they would've voted her off as opposed to Max to at least give themselves a sliver of a chance in challenges.

Also, i like that the editing made it clear that Max or Shirin was going home (as opposed to Will), allowing us to laugh at their clueless confidence and preening.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
I'm saying that the editors could have left out the 3rd, 4th, and 5th times he said it. We got the point, but they laid it on pretty thick. It became pretty obvious that someone was going to get hit.
Because the previews where they tell you some one was going to get hurt at the challenge didn't give it away?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
The look Jeff gave Max was hilarious after Jeff asked about playing idols and Max said Hold up bro.

Best part of the show I thought. The guy is such a tool he wanted to act so cool and he had no idea he was going to get slaughtered. Love Jeff's eye roll reaction.

Second favorite is Rodney the Trainwreck. It's hard to imagine a dude that is so socially unaware. Fallon and Affleck couldn't be any more over the top when they do their Bahstahn bit. I'm waiting to see his mom when they get to the reunion show at the end. They HAVE to give her some air time.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Rodney looks like a Jersey Shore re-tread. I love super-ripped guys who suck at challenges that aren't weight lifting.
LHIOB
AG
Im tha biggest guy here bro
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
quote:
Because the previews where they tell you some one was going to get hurt at the challenge didn't give it away?

I don't watch previews. I don't watch "next time on Survivor". And I don't watch "coming up" segments on other shows before commercial breaks. I don't need to be teased or have anything spoiled. If I'm going to watch it anyway, why not see it for the first time when it happens?
Rudyjax
AG
I agree. It also kills me when numbnuts on Texags argue about coming up scenes.
LHIOB
AG
Rodneys face

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

My wife said they needed a #Bro graphic
rhoswen
AG
I just came here to post that! Huh? Wha? Huh? He is such a moron!

But why Joaquin? Why not Rodney?
Quinn
AG
quote:
I just came here to post that! Huh? Wha? Huh? He is such a moron!

But why Joaquin? Why not Rodney?

Rodney was only aligned with Joaquin. Joaquin had alliances with Rodney, Tyler, and potentially Sierra, so he still could have burned them. Rodney is dead in the water, basically. No one wants to team up with him.
gravy97
AG
The dirty Island hot factor is strong for both Jean and Sierra
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I kind of feel like Rodney might be MF Barnes 82.

Will post updated standings in the morning. The merge looks to be next week, so after the next episode, I'll repost the rules about the rest of the pick'em.
zap
AG
I wonder what ultimately made Sierra vote the way she did? She must have gotten a better vibe from Joe than from Joaquin.

Mike throwing that challenge was excruciating. I thought for sure he would get burned for that.

Isn't it a little early to merge? Twelve members on one tribe seems like a lot.
MooreTrucker
AG
I thought Mike pulled off the thrown challenge pretty well. He genuinely looked upset that he didn't win that final pairing.

I thought Rodney's face after the vote was that of a robot who's blowing a fuse because of the illogic of the humans.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Standings update:

gravy97 17
double aught 17
tx1c 17
Aero Aggie 44 17

LHIOB 16
BlackLab 16
zap 16
Ronnie 16

MooreTrucker 15
hurleyag 15
Cheese Sndwch 15

Unthought Known 14
txaggiefarmer05 14
Earp16 14
Muckraker96 14
Quinn 14

ChipTAC01 12
jdgilberg 12
Quinn
AG
I have to disagree, Moore. I thought it was painfully obvious that they were throwing the challenge, especially because Kelly was a dumdum and couldn't remember it the first two times. She's a cop, right? And we trust her to identify criminals??
Rudyjax
AG
So does nasty tat psalms Texan have the hots for the cop? Are either married?
BlackLab
AG
quote:
EW: What is your take from a production standpoint when members of a tribe decide to throw a challenge? On one hand, that can give you great story to play with, as it did this week. On the other hand, it can also potentially sap the drama out of an immunity challenge, as we have seen occasionally in the past.

JEFF PROBST: There is a theme to the answers I've been giving you to questions like this one and the uneven tribe swap and that theme is "whatever will be will be." There have been thrown immunity challenges that produce great drama and those that fall flat. There is simply no sense in worrying about it because we can't control it. The players decide what they want to do and often their decision is impacted by a bigger "group think" that happens within an alliance. I have learned to really enjoy letting them play the game on their terms. We set the scenariothe players decide the actionwe tell the story.

Here's a random question, but one I've wondered about and did again after seeing this latest reward feast: How come contestants no longer get drunk? I remember Jan in Thailand, Fairplay in Pearl Islands, and even Tom Westman in Palau getting good and hammered. Do you all generally give the contestants less booze than you used to on rewards, are they more responsible (which I find hard to believe), or is this stuff just not making final cut?

Great question and I think the answer is we just haven't had the right combination of player/s and alcohol. We definitely would show it if it happened. There is so much strategy now that people are more aware and as a result less likely to "lose control."

Okay, we saw the tease for the merge coming next, which means a whole new game and absolutely anything can happen. With that in mind, give me your awardwhich from here on out we will call The Probstyfor which contestant played the best PRE-MERGE game.

Love this idea! Okay for the first annual ProbstyI nominate Mike, Carolyn, Joe and Tyler. For various reasons I think those four have done a good job at positioning themselves. They each have a strength and they're utilizing it to their advantage. And the Probsty goes to. Joe! I think he has handled himself really well, tried to stay flexible with the tribe dynamics, he comes across as empathetic and physically is definitely a threat.

Okay, don't leave us hanging, mister. Tease us one good thing about next week's merge episode.

Oh it's ON. It's a GREAT episode. Everything and everyone is up for grabs and they have to start over literally!
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/25/survivor-host-jeff-probst-why-players-no-longer-get-drunk
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Really interested to see where the lines are split upon the merge. Seems like the no-collars + Joe and Mike, Dan, Sierra and lady cop would meld together, along with older white collar lady who has the idol, which leaves what, Rodney, Tyler, and rat girl.

Rodney would be the obvious target at this point, but hopefully some people will see the value of letting him stick around as really an ideal person to take to the final with you. If that's the case, it looks like white collar extinction for Tyler and rat girl.
zap
AG
Who is rat girl? Shirin?

Tyler took a hit last night by losing Phoaquin. He will have to rebound quickly to survive. He just hasn't had much screen time lately, so he could be on the outs.
Bobcat06
AG
Tyler has an alliance with Carolyn (older white collar lady with idol). I could see her bringing him into the fold
Rudyjax
AG
Rodney and Shirin have a clesr advantage to get to the finals. No one likes them and they made it to ind play.

Here on out, its who hurts you the most.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Okay for the first annual ProbstyI nominate Mike, Carolyn, Joe and Tyler. For various reasons I think those four have done a good job at positioning themselves. They each have a strength and they're utilizing it to their advantage. And the Probsty goes to. Joe!
We get points for this, right?????
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
I have to disagree, Moore. I thought it was painfully obvious that they were throwing the challenge, especially because Kelly was a dumdum and couldn't remember it the first two times. She's a cop, right? And we trust her to identify criminals??
It was obvious to us, and to Kelly although she couldn't take advantage of it so Mike had to REALLY work to lose, but I don't think (we didn't see anything from the other tribe after to know for sure) that the "girl tribe" suspected anything. And Probst didn't bring it up at any point as I recall.
OldCamp
Loved seeing one of those cocky east coast bro's go home. One less awful accent to listen to.

i didn't like Mike at first but he seems like an honest and all around good guy. being a straight laced Texan doesn't hurt either.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Mike is only slightly less annoying than Rodney. I don't care where he's from.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Mike is only slightly less annoying than Rodney. I don't care where he's from.
Gagree
gambochaman
AG
fianlly got caught up with this season

holy smokes where to even begin with the fail that are rodney, rat girl (LOL PERFECT NICKNAME) and max

sierra is really hot except for that crazy weird thing on her neck...WTF IS IT?!

also, i'm pretty sure i'm in love with jen...minus the whole no meat stupidity

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.