***Survivor: Worlds Apart***

75,991 Views | 578 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by gambochaman
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
With hindsight of a day later, it's a real shame for Dan that Mike didn't give Shirin the HII, because that would have resulted in a 2-2 tie between he and Tyler. At that point he could have used his advantage, and declared it openly that he had 2 votes, and said they're both going to Tyler - let's get him out now - directing that comment right at Sierra/Rodney. If either of them would have written Tyler's name down, along with Dan+1, Mike and Ratgirl, Tyler's gone.
If Dan and Tyler are involved in a tie, Dan and Tyler don't get to vote.
I wonder if Mike did play it for Shirin, does Sierra flip? She gets that Tyler is a threat put doesn't want to step out of line unless she has the votes. If she does flip, you think she risks drawing rocks to strengthen her position?
Murder Hornet
AG
I don't think Sierra is that smart. She seems only slightly more with it than Dan
CheeseSndwch
At least Sierra is willing to entertain the idea of flipping. Dan is steadfast on sticking with his flippers never win mantra.
LHIOB
AG
Dan is an idiot. Im sure he has enjoyed watching these last few episodes where he was completely wrong on Mike.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
Dan is an idiot. Im sure he has enjoyed watching these last few episodes where he was completely wrong on Mike.

What do you mean?
LHIOB
AG
He keeps on saying that Mike went off the deep end when Mike was telling him that he overheard Tyler, Rawdney, Mama C and someone else talking about voting him off. Dan still thinks the reason they want him off is because of the auction and the way he stood up for rat girl.
Southlake
This is easily mikes game to win unless the other players ally against him now. It will take obviously at least two weeks. I just don't think there are any players singularity to together that can get mike out. Game over.
Quinn
AG
They already have allied against him the last two weeks. Since he has the idol, he only needs to win 3 out of the next 4 eliminations (assuming a final 3). If he does not win immunity twice, he will immediately be out.
double aught
AG
I thought Mike's play at tribal council was outstanding. Threatening to give the idol to Shirin casts doubt within the alliance. But the real genius of it was saying one vote was going to Tyler while the other would go somewhere else. If he had simply said "The two of us are voting for Tyler; you should too" then there's a good chance the strong six (aside from Tyler) would think "Well, let's just stick to the plan of voting Shirin. If she does play an idol, I'll still be safe and Tyler will go, which wouldn't be all bad. If he's bluffing, then Shirin's still gone."

Even though his bluff didn't work, it still accomplished two things: he got to keep his idol which he'll surely need, and, as he said, it caused two people to switch votes, which should cause some conflict and work to his advantage.

Also, why Will voted for Dan, I don't know. Maybe there was a reason that was edited out, but most likely he's just dumb. Tyler and Shirin should be the only votes he should consider if he's looking to increase his odds of staying.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Even though his bluff didn't work, it still accomplished two things: he got to keep his idol which he'll surely need, and, as he said, it caused two people to switch votes, which should cause some conflict and work to his advantage.

I think his bluff DID work....
Rudyjax
AG
Working would've kept Shirin.

But it wasnt a complete failure.
double aught
AG
Exactly
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I don't think I've looked forward to an episode of Survivor more than tonight's in a long time. Since it seems like Tyler finds out Dan has the double vote, I suspect he will target Sierra instead, to prove loyalty to Dan, since Dan seems furious (and rightfully so) in the previews and now has a bit of extra power. Of course if Dan finds out Tyler knows about the extra vote, I fully expect Dan to go on the warpath against him, although who knows if that will amount to anything.

Every single person in the game not named Will or Rawdney should be doing everything they can to be final 3 with those 2 morons.

By the way, here's Rawdney *****in about it being his birthday in a preview.
LHIOB
AG
Tyler found out last week and told someone...Mama C I think...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ah, you're right, guessed it blurred together. I also wanted to add Mama C, despite being unlikable, has played one helluva below the radar game.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Working would've kept Shirin.

But it wasnt a complete failure.
Maybe, maybe not. Shirin was expendable. the mission was to fracture the alliance, which it did. Or at least started.
Rudyjax
AG
Mission was to vote someone from their alliance out.

If that did not work, to fracture their alliance.

Former not acheived, latter acheived.

But we are arguing semantics.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, it's semantics. I would say it was a success because it drove some cracks in the alliance. It just wasn't 100% success which would have been the alliance broken via someone other than Shirin going home.

Also, based on Mike's reaction, he clearly viewed it as success as he almost gleefully pointed out that Dan got two votes from the alliance. I really think that is all he was reasonably hoping for.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:

Sorry, I'm anti-semantic.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Had it really worked, as some are saying, I think there's a chance Shirin would have gone on to win the game. The axis of evil would have been totally fractured and people would be re-evaluating their strategy. Mike would still be the #1 target and likely wouldn't make the final 3, but they would start trying to bring Shirin along because they thought she couldn't win. But any of the remaining alliance would lose to Shirin with this jury.
gambochaman
AG
quote:
I don't think I've looked forward to an episode of Survivor more than tonight's in a long time.

this

now, for a hypothetical, final three is Will, Dan, Rahwdney....who do you give 1 million dollars to?

i would write jeff probst, or the easter bunny, or abstain
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't think I've looked forward to an episode of Survivor more than tonight's in a long time.

this

now, for a hypothetical, final three is Will, Dan, Rahwdney....who do you give 1 million dollars to?

i would write jeff probst, or the easter bunny, or abstain
I honestly have no idea.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
I think you give it to Rodney and allow him to have the distinction of least likeable Survivor winner ever. He's at least made some game moves, even though he's obnoxious and kind of dumb. Will and Dan have done nothing at all in this game and are reprehensible people.
Quinn
AG
I would vote for Rodney in that case. He put together the main alliance that has controlled the game, and he would have been able to get rid of the threats against himself.
LHIOB
AG
Some bar in Boston would make a world record number of jager bombs if he wins. Bro.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:

Sorry, I'm anti-semantic.
Rudyjax
AG
Rodney.
zap
AG
"Vote fa me, bro. You godda give me the millyon dollas, bro."
gambochaman
AG
Well that was predictable
Those dudes are so dense that they would rather get voted off than write another bame down
Dan is THE dumbest player in survivor

Now interesting tidbit with the whole voting for next season's cast....its called second chance which to me means none of thess people won the game (and none of the ones on there have won)

Weeeellllll....mike and mama c are in there for voting

So either they royally screwed up
Or they didt care about giving away some spoilers

Which leaves rod will dan and sierrra for potential winners holy LOL
gambochaman
AG
Although i guess neither mike nor mama c would know at this point if they won or not even if they made the finals

So nevermind
DannyDuberstein
AG
I could buy allota pepsi and popcahn wid a million dollahs. I'm stahvin.
thriller03
AG
You are right about the not knowing, but you still might spoiler alert that information.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
This was taken from the Survivor Reddit page.

For all those wondering about Mike and Carolyn.
Redmond said on sucks: "So as I was trying to hint at before, the S30 names have no bearing on who wins or doesn't win. If Mike and Carolyn are both voted out then they are eligible to be on next season. If one of them wins S30 they'll just be voided and next highest vote getter takes their place."

This Redmond guy had most of these names as candidates a month ago and confirmed others last week.
Quinn
AG
So Mike has to win 3 immunity challenges in a row to win the game? I guess Mama C is his only competition, but still, a tough challenge. The next episode promo really made it seem like Mike wins immunity since everyone else is scrambling.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Possibly. Although they also have to consider that he may have a 2nd idol.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.