*****Arrow Season 3*****

48,307 Views | 527 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
BigTimeAlum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Shouldn't the Caitlin discussion be on the Flash?

She is a pretty major villain from the comics.

Oh, and Oliver's, "There's a pretty good chance you and Palmer are related" had me ro
fan art, but nicely done:
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
Arrow was a better show imo when it was just him hunting down people in his book and a bit more raw.

Agreed. Arrow has become a show I watch out of the corner of my eye while cooking dinner or doing chores at home. The plot lines and writing have gotten very silly. Stealing the Rhas plot from batman was dumb, Rhas' obsession with Ollie makes no sense, his plot of ruining Ollie's life to make Ollie take his place is ridiculous, everyone hiding Canary's death from her father was dumb, his reaction was worse, everyone protecting Malcom is ludicrous and the flashbacks now feel more like chores that must be done than character insights. They also just don't have the budget to make the ATOM suit look cool.

Basically, I just watch this show so I'll know what Ollie's up to when he shows up on Flash now, which is too bad given its strong start in season 1.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Yeah, lots of stupidity with Roy getting put in gen pop that quickly. I mean, he was only in custody at most 24-36 hours. He might not even have been charged in that little amount of time.

Really STUPID writing. Talking junior high school level understanding of booking.
All part of the plan to get him out and away.

(Sorry for the delayed response. Finally got around to watching it).
AgMarauder04
AG
He only had a 2 year contract.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
He only had a 2 year contract.
I was explaining the weird storyline, not why he's leaving.
Born N Bred Ag
AG
Holy ****
AliasMan02
AG
That was pretty awesome.
AggieDPT
AG
What happened at the very end? Weather guy cut in when Oliver was fighting the guy with the vial.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
What happened at the very end? Weather guy cut in when Oliver was fighting the guy with the vial.

Vial broke
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Holy ****

Yup. Pretty much.
agmatt06
AG
So uh...Felicity with some strong acting skills that I could get used to....

And personally, I'm a huge fan of Oliver when he's ready to just kill.

Strong episode. They ramped up slowly, but man when this show gets going, it's awesome.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Welp, last night's episode obviously changed the state of the show.
AgMarauder04
AG
Sure did. They said the end of Season 3 was a total game changer. I think they even said for next week, the "villain of the week" is Oliver.

I wonder if Maseo's kid dies because of the virus that was released?
Texas Yarddog
AG
Good episode, but I could hardly make out the dialogue through the audio static. The CW sucks with their feed. If it isn't pixelating of the image, it's audio static to where it becomes almost unwatchable. Sucks that two of my favorite shows are on CW. I've missed a couple of episodes (including Arrow mid-season finale) due to feed problems.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Good episode, but I could hardly make out the dialogue through the audio static. The CW sucks with their feed. If it isn't pixelating of the image, it's audio static to where it becomes almost unwatchable. Sucks that two of my favorite shows are on CW. I've missed a couple of episodes (including Arrow mid-season finale) due to feed problems.

Use the CW streaming app or website. I usually either use the app or Hulu Plus.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I wonder if Maseo's kid dies because of the virus that was released?
Seems likely.
Texas Yarddog
AG
quote:
quote:

Thanks for the tip.
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks for the tip.

No problem! I had the same quality issues on the regular broadcast and found the streaming options to be much better.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I'm not sure who mentioned in a previous post how they favored the earlier episodes when Oliver was more on his own, but I tend to agree. Especially now that on The Flash more and more people know Barry's identity every week. I'd love for them to do a superhero show where the hero was truly on their own. It just seems too easy/lazy for Oliver/Barry to get in a jam only to be saved by one of the dozen or so people who now know about their identity. And it cheapens the hero, IMO.
redline248
AG
Daredevil ftw.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Good to know. Gonna have to check it out when it comes out on DVD.
ScottH_01
AG
quote:
Good to know. Gonna have to check it out when it comes out on DVD.
Take advantage of the free trial period (if you haven't already) or just pay for a month, you'll spend less than you will on the DVD set and you'll burn through the series inside a week (conservative estimate).
FL_Ag1998
Madmarttigan
AG
If you enjoy the flash/arrow in any way you will burn through Daredevil in under a week. It has 10x better production value and more grit than the CW is able to provide, and the story was pretty damn good too.
swimmerbabe11
I'm sorry, but I'm watching the latest episode right now...and did they just use the defib on her and then say "Start CPR" ?? Do TV writers not even bother asking what an emergency room is like before sending their characters there?
redline248
AG
Ha, I forgot about it, but at the time I remember thinking "wtf" as well.
Dr. Horrible
I remember thinking that too... I think there was even still a heart beat until after they used the paddles...
DevilD77
AG
quote:
I'm sorry, but I'm watching the latest episode right now...and did they just use the defib on her and then say "Start CPR" ?? Do TV writers not even bother asking what an emergency room is like before sending their characters there?

They would use CPR to keep blood flowing while administering medications in preparation for using the paddles again.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

They would use CPR to keep blood flowing while administering medications in preparation for using the paddles again.
GET OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR SUPPOSED MEDICAL LOGIC!!!
swimmerbabe11
Why are they defibbing a patient with stab wounds?

She wasn't having a heart attack, she was bleeding out.
agmatt06
AG
Another good set up episode.

I know Roy left the show, I wonder if Thea is set to as well...though she never full embraced "speedy" like Roy did "Arsenal."

Not a bad option for Oliver to end up with Nyssa (not that it ever will). It kinda seems like if you are good looking as a girl, that you should expect to hook up with Oliver at some point...

Btw...I like the show, but it's kind of silly that Oliver is a trained killer, is under going training with Ras, easily handled Nyssa, but Diggle can hold his own with him for some period of time...
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Another good set up episode.

I know Roy left the show, I wonder if Thea is set to as well...though she never full embraced "speedy" like Roy did "Arsenal."

Not a bad option for Oliver to end up with Nyssa (not that it ever will). It kinda seems like if you are good looking as a girl, that you should expect to hook up with Oliver at some point...

Btw...I like the show, but it's kind of silly that Oliver is a trained killer, is under going training with Ras, easily handled Nyssa, but Diggle can hold his own with him for some period of time...

Yeah, but Nyssa isn't into dudes, so I can see why she might not be stoked.
agmatt06
AG
Is she not or is she a switch hitter? Sarah was an equal opportunity kind of girl...
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Is she not or is she a switch hitter? Sarah was an equal opportunity kind of girl...

No indication that she is.
Red Five
AG
Wasn't she pissed off when she found out about Sarah's history with Oliver? For some reason I remember feeling like that was directed towards finding out Sarah was into dong as well. Maybe it was just because it was Oliver. Either way, I didn't get the sense that they were tag teaming dudes all the time in Nanda Parbat.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.