*****Arrow Season 3*****

48,272 Views | 527 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Does Felicity go work for Superman-nerd now?
Please no.

Finally got back into the USA and have been catching up on shows. I liked Sara much more than Laurel so that sucks. I'm gonna say that Thea is most likely Cheshire. Going to be a story of redemption for her.
AgMarauder04
AG
Might be temporary, but since he's the Atom, he won't be long-term.

I still wonder if Felicity becomes Oracle.
wangus12
AG
quote:
I still wonder if Felicity becomes Oracle.

Never actually thought about it, but it could work. I read an article yesterday on how the character was only supposed to be for one episode and then was used more and more, basically for a little comic relief since Dig and Ollie aren't exactly the talkative type. I feel she is a huge part of the show and imo should probably be 2nd billing behind Amell.
agmatt06
AG
Other than the silly motorcycle jousting deal, great episode.

I'm guessing it will be Ras Al Goul who killed Sarah.

Sea Pony 07
AG
I thought it was sweet that they named the baby Sara. My hatred for Amanda Waller grows more with each episode. I originally thought maybe Merlyn killed Sara, but I don't think so anymore. I don't think it was Ra's because of what it would do to Nyssa, unless she left the league again.
AgMarauder04
AG
I wonder if Nyssa comes back to help track down her killer?
AgMarauder04
AG
Next week looks great. Gonna go get Thea!
Cibalo
Thea isn't going to go back home with Oliver. Her hate for Oliver and Roy won't allow it and Merlin will have something to say about it as well. At this point she just wants someone to be honest with her and she doesn't trust anyone but Merlin.

I did think the joust was dumb since the Arrow didn't shoot for the longest time.
CGSC Lobotomy
Thea is Speedy, the Mia Dearden version. Thea's middle name is Dearden in the show.
AgMarauder04
AG
I just can't see her being a villain. I know Merlyn is a regular this year. I wonder if they end up having to work together to take down Ras?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Thea is Speedy, the Mia Dearden version. Thea's middle name is Dearden in the show.

Does that mean she'll eventually catch AIDS?
Madmarttigan
AG
So are there any other options besides Ras for the murder of Sara. I figure it is probably him, but just wondering if there are other theories out there.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
So are there any other options besides Ras for the murder of Sara. I figure it is probably him, but just wondering if there are other theories out there.

Maybe Nyssa, because she is pissed Sara came back to Ollie?

Or some agent of Amanda Waller, who doesn't like having vigilantes running around interfering with her operatives?

Or maybe it's Tommy, having been resurrected from the Lazarus Pits?

There are plenty of theories; it could be just about anyone at this point, except probably Merlyn and Thea, just based off of the final few minutes of the episode.
Madmarttigan
AG
Seems more likely to be Ras since Nyssa loves Sara. Remove Sara and keep Nyssa focused on more important things.

I would be very surprised if they went the route of resurrecting Tommy when this show so far has mostly stayed away from the whole super power/ magic or whatever type situations.
AgMarauder04
AG
I think Nyssa is recurring this year.
bearamedic99
AG
Potential spoiler regarding ending of episode 2

Did anyone else find Thea odd? Both how rapidly she embraced Malcolm as "Dad" and how fast she learned martial arts?

End spoiler-

that motorcycle duel where the bad guy got away was one of the dumbest things EVER in this show. Why would we not stop the other archer upon first encounter if he felt this was Sara's killer?
Sea Pony 07
AG
I don't have any answer for the motorcycle duel but perhaps with Thea she may have been taking self defense lessons at some earlier time in her life.
AgMarauder04
AG
Sounds like the difference from the finale to the start of this season has been several months at least.
swimmerbabe11
I love that Felicity has become a love interest for...everyone. I hate that they have started putting her in sexier outfits as a part of that.

and actually,I really think that the day to day costume design on this show isn't great. The main hero staples are good though.
swimmerbabe11
Do we know who the new mayor is?
agmatt06
AG
Not the best episode. More of a set up for things to come which look to be very intense.

I didn't mind the focus on Thea this episode...She's easy on the eyes (and 23 so I can say that).
AgMarauder04
AG
Check this out...Thea has always been Thea Dearden Queen. In the comics, "Speedy" was Mia Dearden.

She was known as "Mia" on the island. Then she said she wasn't going to be Thea Queen or Thea Merlyn. Perhaps she will assume the full-on persona of Mia Dearden when she returns...setting her up to become Speedy?
wangus12
AG
I think its very easy to conclude that since she is being trained, Ollie eventually saves/turns her back and she becomes Speedy.

I agree with putting Felicity in the fancy outfits and such. Damnit, keep the nerdy chick realistic.
AgMarauder04
AG
Next week's looks GREAT.
YouBet
AG
quote:
Sounds like the difference from the finale to the start of this season has been several months at least.
Oliver said on second episode she had been gone 5 months.
AgMarauder04
AG
Flashback this episode said 6 months. Plenty of time for Thea to get trained up.
TajMaballer
AG
DVR didn't record today's episode! PISSED!
AgMarauder04
AG
Did I spy a Lazarus Pit at the end?
redline248
AG
I was wondering that. Probably just a bath as a nod to the pit.
agmatt06
AG
Arrow generally avoids all the "meta-human" elements of comics, so I would agree it was probably just a bath that was symbolic of the pit.

Even with Merlyn they make it sound like he didn't end up in Lazarus Pit, but instead was the "Magician" who staged his death to get away.

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Even with Merlyn they make it sound like he didn't end up in Lazarus Pit, but instead was the "Magician" who staged his death to get away.
Maybe it was my misunderstanding, but I thought Merlyn's name was "Magician" in the League of Shadows.
agmatt06
AG
Your understanding is the same as mine.

As they remove the "meta-physical" from this show, I took it to mean he was a bit of a trickster who in this instance faked his death as opposed to needing Lazarus's pit to survive.

Oliver seems to hint at it when talking about how Meryln probably had a cop at the morgue who helped him escape.
Madmarttigan
AG
I think nyssa actually called him the magician at some point in the show.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I think nyssa actually called him the magician at some point in the show.
She did, I went back at lunch and watched most of it on fast forward. It was when she had Thea hanging upside down as bait and was talking to her about her "true father" as Nyssa termed it. That was also when she was talking about how her father was a demon, but Thea's was the devil.
agmatt06
AG
I thought that was a pretty sweet line by Nyssa.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.