*****Arrow Season 3*****

48,239 Views | 527 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They can't ALL be winners.

I liked it. Next week looks awesome.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I enjoyed the episode. I liked the juxtaposition of present day island and past Starling. I kinda wish they would have spent more than one episode on the island though.
agproducer
AG
I loved the episode. I loved the interactions between the characters. I liked Tommy's protecting of Thea. I thought that was a cool aspect and the fact that Oliver got to see that added more depth to all of those characters.

I'm not going to quibble with things like the button near the cell and things of that sort. It is a show based on a comic. So, therefore, I'll suspend belief in some aspect. If you aren't willing to do that and focus on things like that (which would happen in comics), then you might as well stop watching. Do we all really believe Oliver quickly heals from all the injuries he gets to go out on the streets night in and night out?

As far as Oliver walking into Tommy's house during the party and not being recognized, I could believe it. It's not probable, but it is possible. At that point, it had been 5 years since his "death." Also, he looked like a super-scruffy version of himself. So, I don't think anyone would be on the lookout for him. The drug dealer only recognized him when he came face-to-face with him.

Needless to say -- I love the show. It's one of my must-watch shows each week.

Madmarttigan
AG
This show is still one of my tops, despite being cheesy and a little ridiculous at times. I still enjoy it more than the Flash currently, but both shows are enjoyable.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Anyone catch the mention of the "other prisoner" on the island? Oliver said, "He won't be much help". Did I miss someone from a previous season imprisoned there or is this is new character?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Anyone catch the mention of the "other prisoner" on the island? Oliver said, "He won't be much help". Did I miss someone from a previous season imprisoned there or is this is new character?
Captain Boomerang.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
Captain Boomerang.
I had forgotten this apparently as well.... Thanks for the reminder!
PatAg
AG
I enjoyed the Asian dudes comment to the effect of "might as well grease on your face" when he picks him up at the party.
AgMarauder04
AG
Huh.
agmatt06
AG
Prior to the show, that was an alternate name that Stephen Amell proposed for the episode.
AgMarauder04
AG
Welp. Now I agree with that.

"Wait, what?" would also be appropriate.
PatAg
AG
If it's in response to me, that was Oliver's disguise, he literally just put grease around his eyes. Yamashiro(asian dude) was making fun of him for thinking a hoodie would be enough to disguise him at Tommy Merlin's party, and said something to the effect of "you might as well have put grease on". I thought it was a funny throwback.
redline248
AG
Felicity
Sea Pony 07
Sea Pony 07
AG
Well, that happened. I don't even know where to start. And it really sucks that we have to wait so long for the next episode. The suit was awesome.
SeattleAgJr
Thumbs up - Felicity/Ray - moving on from the lame "Olicity" crap
Thumbs down - Laurel. Forever. Dumb.
Thumbs down - Thea. The second dumbest character
Thumbs down - copping on Batman storylines for Arrow. Ra's offered the League to Batman because he had earned his respect, and that of his daughter, etc. Ollie fights him twice. Loses. Gets offered the League....
Thumb up/Thumb down - Atom-Man Mark V.

No.
AgMarauder04
AG
l liked the episode. Good setup. It's going to be a good run when it comes back. Laurel has become a very "meh" character to me, but Thea has grown on me.
agmatt06
AG
My wife's response when I was telling her what happened ( she doesn't watch):

Oh..What'd Thea screw up this episode?

She is good looking though and the actor is a much better fighter than Laurel's actor ever will be.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Well, that happened. I don't even know where to start. And it really sucks that we have to wait so long for the next episode. The suit was awesome.
This sums up how I felt about the episode as well.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
It does suck, but I saw that once we are back, there are no more breaks until the finale.

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
It does suck, but I saw that once we are back, there are no more breaks until the finale.

True, but the break seems somewhat unnecessary.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

True, but the break seems somewhat unnecessary.
I'll never understand these extended breaks, especially when all the shows do them at the same time...Arrow, Supernatural, and Flash are all on break. Ugh.
R0GUE
AG
So is Atom just going to become DC's Iron Man? Or will he actually shrink at some point?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
So is Atom just going to become DC's Iron Man? Or will he actually shrink at some point?
I've read shrinking isn't in the plans right now, so who knows. I've also read we will see more of him on Flash?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

I'll never understand these extended breaks, especially when all the shows do them at the same time...Arrow, Supernatural, and Flash are all on break. Ugh.
The CW has a couple of new shows starting next month IIRC, but I think they start around the same time as when Arrow, Flash, and the regular shows return. "iZombie" starts 3/17 which is a Tuesday. As far as the other shows on the network goes, "Hart of Dixie" only has a few more episodes in its final season so they may move a show to Friday to fill the void that will be leaving.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

The CW has a couple of new shows starting next month IIRC, but I think they start around the same time as when Arrow, Flash, and the regular shows return. "iZombie" starts 3/17 which is a Tuesday. As far as the other shows on the network goes, "Hart of Dixie" only has a few more episodes in its final season so they may move a show to Friday to fill the void that will be leaving.
BUT I CARE ABOUT NONE OF THEM.
agmatt06
AG
It's not just this network.

Castle goes on a multi-week break as well and that's ABC.

Not sure why they do this, but it is very annoying.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
It's not just this network.

Castle goes on a multi-week break as well and that's ABC.

Not sure why they do this, but it is very annoying.
I know all networks do it. It was one of the things I liked about 24. Yeah, they may not start til January, but no breaks.
swimmerbabe11
Unless he starts whipping Arrows butt into shape over the next episode or two, I'm gonna be annoyed with the handing over of the league of assasins. They could have at least tortured him for a few minutes. I guess Nyssa Al Ghul is going to be the nemesis for next seaons. Rightfully so, If I found out that Arrow was handed it over after all that BS, I would kill him too. Just to prove a point.

Laurel continues to be a joke.

I like Thea.

Also, Atom not shrinking is like Flash not running. I don't get it.

edited for wrong name
PatAg
AG
So Thea and Talia are gonna lez out.
AgMarauder04
AG
It's Nyssa.

And no. Maybe Laurel...
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
It's Nyssa.

And no. Maybe Laurel...

Pulling the Oliver Queen.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I like the idea of Nyssa sticking around to teach Laurel.

Interesting last 30 seconds. Thought it was a good episode overall.
agmatt06
AG
Ras and Nyssa both in your city definitely isn't a good idea.

Sadly I was actually kind of hopeful that was Oliver at first returning to being the badass he used to be.
SeattleAgJr
I think I see how this all resolves itself.

RaG thinks Ollie is the one mentioned in the prophecy-thingie, as he brought himself back from death through force of will (whatever).

I think we will learn that the "penicillin tea" he was given was actually made with water from the Lazarus pit, so that he did not in fact meet the prophecy.

Once that comes out, RaG will end his attacks and leave.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.