*****Arrow Season 3*****

48,266 Views | 527 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
TheDraw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thought last night was awesome! I like Stone Cold Oliver.
agmatt06
AG
quote:
Wasn't she pissed off when she found out about Sarah's history with Oliver? For some reason I remember feeling like that was directed towards finding out Sarah was into dong as well. Maybe it was just because it was Oliver. Either way, I didn't get the sense that they were tag teaming dudes all the time in Nanda Parbat.

I get the feeling she will latch on to anybody who shows any sort of feelings for her (and Oliver won't in his current state).

You could already see it in the way she was acting towards Laurel with the milkshake.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
Btw...I like the show, but it's kind of silly that Oliver is a trained killer, is under going training with Ras, easily handled Nyssa, but Diggle can hold his own with him for some period of time...

Suspend belief like this:

Diggle is a trained fighter too, works with Argus, has worked with Suicide Squad and is his own bona fide badass in the force. Probably no one has watched Oliver fight as much/often/in as many scenarios as Diggle has. He has the significant advantage of having studied Oliver's moves and probably knows his weaknesses/patterns pretty well.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
quote:
Wasn't she pissed off when she found out about Sarah's history with Oliver? For some reason I remember feeling like that was directed towards finding out Sarah was into dong as well. Maybe it was just because it was Oliver. Either way, I didn't get the sense that they were tag teaming dudes all the time in Nanda Parbat.

I get the feeling she will latch on to anybody who shows any sort of feelings for her (and Oliver won't in his current state).

You could already see it in the way she was acting towards Laurel with the milkshake.

Would you be saying that she was hoping her milkshake brought Laurel to the yard?
redline248
AG
That was the exact feeling I got in that scene. Right down to the cheesy ass music playing in the joint...felt like they were on a date.
bearamedic99
AG
Why is it that most of the characters say "rahsh" when the character himself says "raysh"? Anyone else having seeing Routh as Palmer? He plays it like a smooth, intelligent businessman with episodes of spastic geek which conflict with with my mental image of him from Chuck and Superman Returns.

I finally caught up on this show with Hulu. Looking forward to doing the same with Flash and AoS.
txknight
Did I miss a scene earlier this season where Laurel was given the Ella Fitzgerald weapon??
agmatt06
AG
I "think" you needed to watch The Flash to see her go to Central City to have Cisco make it.

The shows are very connected. If you aren't watching both, you're going to miss out.
AgMarauder04
AG
WHAT THE FRACK JUST HAPPENED?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I'm calling it now, Oliver with the slight of hand on the virus and switched it with some kind of knock out gas. I'm sure we will find out that Nyssa was actually in on the plan as well. BTW, Tatsu is a ****ing badass.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm calling it now, Oliver with the slight of hand on the virus and switched it with some kind of knock out gas. I'm sure we will find out that Nyssa was actually in on the plan as well. BTW, Tatsu is a ****ing badass.

Yeah, no way Oliver gave them the real thing, since we saw he WASNT brain washed.
Kampfers
AG
The only symptom they displayed was drowsiness. There was no coughing, no blood. It clearly wasn't the bioweapon.

Also next week's preview kind of spoils that as well.
Sentinel
AG
quote:

I hate it when they do that. They would have been better served just rolling to credits and skipping the preview.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

I hate it when they do that. They would have been better served just rolling to credits and skipping the preview.
They very easily could have done a 20 second preview not showing any of the team. Maybe a scan to their unconscious bodies.
Madmarttigan
AG
This isn't game of thrones, the chances of all of them dying was 0% anyways. Maybe 1 person dying, but even then no one really dies on this show.
BigTimeAlum
AG
quote:
quote:

I agree. The purpose of the preview is to generated interest in the audience catching the next week's show. If you are going to throw in a cliff hanger, you either 1) Are better served not doing a preview, or 2) should not spoil the cliff hanger in what you show.
AggieDPT
AG
Y'all thought they were all gonna be dead? Yeah it was a weird preview to show that right after their unconscious bodies but there's no way they kill everyone but Oliver and Thea.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I agree. The purpose of the preview is to generated interest in the audience catching the next week's show. If you are going to throw in a cliff hanger, you either 1) Are better served not doing a preview, or 2) should not spoil the cliff hanger in what you show.
I think that they could have easily avoided spoiling events of next week's episode by just showing Ra's, Nyssa, and Oliver all facing off.

BTW looking at Flash's preview for next week, I wonder how they plan to reconcile things with Oliver showing up on Tuesday night along with Ray and Barry, while in Arrow continuity it would appear that he is still in Nanda Parbat.............
AgMarauder04
AG
Looks like they were coming back to Starling anyway.
Red Five
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think that they could have easily avoided spoiling events of next week's episode by just showing Ra's, Nyssa, and Oliver all facing off.

BTW looking at Flash's preview for next week, I wonder how they plan to reconcile things with Oliver showing up on Tuesday night along with Ray and Barry, while in Arrow continuity it would appear that he is still in Nanda Parbat.............
The Flash previews were for the next 2 weeks, I believe. I bet Oliver doesn't show up until the finale.
AgMarauder04
AG
Surprised no one is discussing Thea becoming Speedy.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I bet she suits up along side everyone else next week, and Oliver gets pissy over it. "I didn't save you so you can throw your life away!" Or something to that effect.
agmatt06
AG
Well it's official...a second spin off from Arrow has been greenlit

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/07/cw-legends-tomorrow-cordon-crazy-ex-girlfriend
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Well it's official...a second spin off from Arrow has been greenlit

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/07/cw-legends-tomorrow-cordon-crazy-ex-girlfriend
I'm not too familiar with who Arthur Darvill is playing, but I did enjoy him in Doctor Who. Any bets on Caity Lotz getting a bath in the Lazarus Pit?
AliasMan02
AG
They held off on Katana's costume forever, but a great payoff. Costume design for these shows is off the charts great, and she had one of their best efforts.
PatAg
AG
That spinoff has all the ****ty actors/villains from The Flash. Good, maybe they won't reappear on it.
Madmarttigan
AG
Captain cold and heat wave are the worst damn characters in these shows except for maybe cupid girl and psycho Oliver ex girlfriend.
swimmerbabe11
The Katana costume in Flash kicks the Suicide Squad costume in the ass.
sigh. That was the only Suicide Squad costume I really liked.

I'm excited to see Speedy...I'm really hoping they show her do some kind of alteration on the suit or make it not fit quite right instead of having her magically in a women's costume...

Eventually Laurel's dad will get himself killed...just waiting for it to happen.
YouBet
AG
Netflix also has Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the subsequent team-up project The Defenders.

YES!

Madmarttigan
AG
quote:
Netflix also has Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the subsequent team-up project The Defenders.

YES!

Think you hit the wrong thread chief.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I didn't get to watch the entire episode tonight, but the parts I did see were.... OK. Saw the end, and my immediate thought was "They didn't plan on being renewed."
SeattleAgJr
quote:
I didn't get to watch the entire episode tonight, but the parts I did see were.... OK. Saw the end, and my immediate thought was "They didn't plan on being renewed."
No they knew they were being renewed very early in the season - they had an early pickup.

This was just fan service all the way - him and Felicity and driving off in the sunset. Until they pull a Godfather and drag him back in next season.

That said... I thought the ending was mediocre at best.

Liked the resolution with Ra's.
Did not like the ending (driving into the sunset). .I really with Felicity would be killed off. Or move over to the Flash.
Did not like the whole team. Really REALLY tired of the mopiness of everyone. All the hurt feelings, etc.
Get over it. Too much whining.

FL_Ag1998
AG
Yeah, I was hoping for a major change, just not this one. I was hoping that all this Ras plotline would push pretty much everyone over the edge (re: trusting Oliver, etc.) and out of the show as a result. No more ever-growing team (it seems huge at this point). Leave Oliver to fight crime on his own.

And I still don't buy this actress as the Black Canary. She just cant pull off the fight scenes.
agmatt06
AG
I always crack up when you think about the fact that a girl with basically 6 months of training can take on multiple trained assassins at one time and come out victorious.

This was certainly the weakest season finale of the 3 seasons and I don't get why shows (not just this one) do these kind of endings.

We know from Flash that Oliver is the Green Arrow and a founding member of the Justice League. We know as fans they have renewed the show. So you give an ending like this knowing episode 1 or 2 of next season will completely unravel this...

And seriously, fatherhood turned Diggle into a wimp..Get over it man. Oliver just saved the city/world from a madman and you want to act like a baby b/c he tried to protect you from a guy who was more or less immortal...
AgMarauder04
AG
Weakest finale of the 3...weakest season of the 3. We will likely see a pretty hard reset next season. I still love the show, and I like Thea as Speedy.

Let's be honest, for a long-running show, trotting out Deathstroke and Ra's so early probably wasn't the best plan.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.