*****Arrow Season 3*****

48,238 Views | 527 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Oh, and totally bought into the Ledgends show.

In regards to Sara being alive as White Canary on the show, I'm putting my money on Nyssa making a deal with Merlyn to use the Lazarus Pit to resurrect her. I expect a cross over between Arrow, Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow to get things rolling and bring them all together.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
Back to my other point, does it really matter anymore how Oliver became that ruthless killer?
I actually wish Oliver would head back down that path. Maybe Felicity dying would trigger it.

Yeah, Not going to happen (even though it would make for some interesting stories).

I actually wish they would start moving him forward as a character to be closer to the comic books, where he is a lighter-hearted character that deals with the strife and whatnot with humor, even if sarcastic, and does not let it grind him down all. the. time.
Red Five
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Back to my other point, does it really matter anymore how Oliver became that ruthless killer?
I actually wish Oliver would head back down that path. Maybe Felicity dying would trigger it.

Yeah, Not going to happen (even though it would make for some interesting stories).

I actually wish they would start moving him forward as a character to be closer to the comic books, where he is a lighter-hearted character that deals with the strife and whatnot with humor, even if sarcastic, and does not let it grind him down all. the. time.
Agreed with this. The broodiness is starting to get to be a little much. I am preferring the lighter tone of Flash more these days.
jbsj9698
AG
quote:
In regards to Sara being alive as White Canary on the show, I'm putting my money on Nyssa making a deal with Merlyn to use the Lazarus Pit to
resurrect her.
Wouldn't she be pretty decomposed by now?!?!
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
In regards to Sara being alive as White Canary on the show, I'm putting my money on Nyssa making a deal with Merlyn to use the Lazarus Pit to
resurrect her.

Yeah, she's been dead for how long? Buried and rotting...
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
resurrect her.

agmatt06
AG
I would guess we will get a flashback to somebody digging her up right after she was buried...maybe Malcolm?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
resurrect her.

In a show that has a super drugs and revitalizing miracle water, you think that would stop them from using it as a plot device to bring her back?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
resurrect her.

In a show that has a super drugs and revitalizing miracle water, you think that would stop them from using it as a plot device to bring her back?
The whole show is about time travel. Thus they could go back to the moment she died, or even prevent it.
AliasMan02
AG
Thoughts in no particular order:

Man, this board has done a huge 180 on Felicity, once revered as a goddess both here and on the whole of the Internet. She's great, and anyone that says otherwise is crazy. I just don't think people like the resolution of her story arc with Oliver. Them finally getting together was a great payoff to a long (maybe too long) journey.

For what it's worth, Amell has said that Oliver is done with the hood. It's hard to see how that could be the case, but that's what they say.

I'm looking forward to next season because I believe we'll get to see Oliver's year in Russia, working with the mafia and his rise through the ranks there, which will be the fourth year of his "death." I think year five will see a return to the island.

For just a moment it crossed my mind that Damien Dark (or Darhk or possibly Dr. Darkk, having now looked it up) might be a pseudonym for Bruce Wayne. Then I remembered that he is an ancient person, just like Ras. Bummer.

Thought Oliver's fight with Ras was really good, though the gunshot threat and miraculous survival due to his body armor was pretty contrived.

All in all I agree that while a lot happened this season, it doesn't hold up to the first two, but that's a pretty high bar. The biggest difference was the fact that Hong Kong wasn't nearly as compelling as the island.

And on the side note of the rest of the DCTVU or whatever we're calling it, I realize that Supergirl is on CBS, but since CBS and WB actually OWN the CW, any talk that they can't cross that show in with the Arrow/Flash universe is stupid. Why in the WORLD would they try to separate them? I'm not saying that they need to cross over every other week, like Flash/Arrow do, but let them live in the same world at least. Rabble rabble rabble.
R0GUE
AG
I have always hated Felicity. I don't get the infatuation. She's an awful actress, in my opinion. For example, she delivers her lines in a really weird high pitched, clipped inflection, like she's always scared. She's a very fake-feeling "nerdy chick" that doesn't exist in real life. This is accentuated by having every character obsess over her (Ollie, Barry, Ray). I don't even find her attractive really, but I'm clearly alone with that one. Ugh I just really, really don't like her.

If I were more of an Arrow purist it would also piss me off that they invent this "perfect nerd girl", and make her the one Arrow is destined to love instead of Laurel. It's like doing a Spider-Man show and then not have her going for either Mary Jane OR Gwen, but some rando chick they just invented. That only annoys me a little, but it still annoys me.
redline248
AG
quote:
Thought Oliver's fight with Ras was really good, though the gunshot threat and miraculous survival due to his body armor was pretty contrived
For real. I feel confident saying that a sniper with his sights on a target that is standing still shoots for the head.

quote:
She's a very fake-feeling "nerdy chick" that doesn't exist in real life.
You don't say? Neither do hooded vigilantes and assassins that live for hundreds of years.

R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
She's a very fake-feeling "nerdy chick" that doesn't exist in real life.
You don't say? Neither do hooded vigilantes and assassins that live for hundreds of years.

It's one thing to invent improbable situations and abilities for characters, it's another to invent "perfect personalities" for a character. That's my issue with Felicity. She's written with zero flaws. No one exists like that. She has been created to be a nerd fantasy girl. Say what you want about Laurel (and I don't particularly like that actress either) but she's a realistic character with flaws and imperfections. The best heroine on Arrow by FAR was Sara. She was the perfect blend of a realistic personality with attractive qualities, and was by far the best looking one to boot.
redline248
AG
It's cool, man. You can keep Sara.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
It's cool, man. You can keep Sara.
LOL fair enough. At least she's coming back in Legends.
agmatt06
AG
I think the problem with Felicity is they've never figured out what to do with her.

She started as a love interest for Oliver.

Moved on to Barry, but then he got his own shoe, so that ended.

Went back to Oliver, decided they couldn't make it work,

Moves on to Ray, everything goes great, so they break up.

Back with Oliver.

During this time, she fluctuates between a computer genius and somebody who's system has been hacked by multiple people.

There's just no consistency in what kind of character she should be
swimmerbabe11
Haven't read the thread yet...but I saw the fake stab at Ra's...did anyone else?? They did something wrong with the cameras at first.

pshhhh Speedy with her jacket..where'd she get that. fine fine, I'm suspending belief...

Ray is still 20x better than Oliver. Also, they bring them back because Ray did a transfer of ownership without telling her, remember? He gives her the business and runs off to be a legend of tomorrow.

I wish Diggle/Oliver had really hugged and made up.

Torture with a bow and arrow is really inefficient.

No one would trust Merlyn as Ra's....That is going to be the next big secret/big blowup that Felicity/Ray/Diggle get mad at Oliver for. Also, I kind felt like Nyssa and Merlyn were about to hate eff.

Wait...Ray exploded? what? How did they just barely put that in there for a 5 second clip?

jabberwalkie09
AG
So you're saying she is crazy?
AliasMan02
AG
I think the Ray explosion was added after the new series was greenlit. Just a guess, but it felt tacked on.
swimmerbabe11
I liked felicity at first, when she was cute and nerdy and shy.

When she got into ****ty office attire, her character spiraled downhill. It felt like they lost a great deal of direction on who she is.

I don't mind tech-chick, they do totally exist. I don't however, appreciate leaning on the only female as an emotional weepy guilt story arch. That to me is more condescending that nerd fantasy trope.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
I think the Ray explosion was added after the new series was greenlit. Just a guess, but it felt tacked on.
He's gotta be able to shrink somehow. Duh.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
For example, she delivers her lines in a really weird high pitched, clipped inflection, like she's always scared.
I have that same issue with her. I could look at her all day long but can't listen to her.
redline248
AG
quote:
No one would trust Merlyn as Ra's....That is going to be the next big secret/big blowup that Felicity/Ray/Diggle get mad at Oliver for

This show started with Merlyn trying to destroy the glades. Now he is the head of an organization that has destroyed whole cities that "can't be saved." Interesting arc, there.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
No one would trust Merlyn as Ra's....That is going to be the next big secret/big blowup that Felicity/Ray/Diggle get mad at Oliver for

This show started with Merlyn trying to destroy the glades. Now he is the head of an organization that has destroyed whole cities that "can't be saved." Interesting arc, there.

Didn't he want to destroy the glades to "save the city?"
PatAg
AG
I still think Laurel in Season 1 was the hottest. Not sure why she ruined her face.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I still think Laurel in Season 1 was the hottest. Not sure why she ruined her face.

Totally agree. Not sure if she got surgery or just Botox or something but she went from very cute to weirdly plastic overnight.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

Totally agree. Not sure if she got surgery or just Botox or something but she went from very cute to weirdly plastic overnight.
Season 2 had Laurel go through her drug/alcohol abuse phase right? IIRC Katie Cassidy mentioned that the weight loss was intentional to reflect the effects of the character's dependency. Though, I think some of us on here thought she went a little extreme in that regard.
agmatt06
AG
The problem is she's fun to look at..she's not believable as a killer.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The problem is she's fun to look at..she's not believable as a killer.
Agreed, Caity Lotz was much more convincing in the role of Black Canary.
Acesup
I got tickled with the different pronunciations of "Ra's". Is it "Roz" or "Rayzh"? Even Oliver flip flopped them in the last episode.

Why do Laurel's eyes look like they're about to slide off the side of her face?

The gal who played Sara was a terrible actress. I was glad to see her go.
PatAg
AG
What happened to her face isn't weight loss.
YouBet
AG
quote:
Haven't read the thread yet...but I saw the fake stab at Ra's...did anyone else?? They did something wrong with the cameras at first.

I noticed it although I thought I was seeing things when it happened. Terrible camera work.

Random question: for those of you who have good sound systems how come The Flash nor the Arrow have full surround sound? Yet, at the end of tonight's episode when the producer (Guggenheim) was talking during the credits they replayed the Palmer building explosion and the bass about blew me out of my room yet watching it during the actual show...no bass.

swimmerbabe11
Thank goodness someone finally addressed that. I watched it 3 times to make sure I wasn't crazy.
still wasn't convinced. How does no one notice that when they are editing?
nickstro66
AG
SIAP but it looks like Arrow will be getting a new costume and will adopt the Green Arrow persona a little bit more in season 4

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/12/comic-con-2015-new-arrow-costume-revealed-for-season-4
swimmerbabe11
That is sexy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.