*****Arrow Season 3*****

48,276 Views | 527 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
Red Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Weakest finale of the 3...weakest season of the 3. We will likely see a pretty hard reset next season. I still love the show, and I like Thea as Speedy.

Let's be honest, for a long-running show, trotting out Deathstroke and Ra's so early probably wasn't the best plan.
Agree with all of this. It was ok, but was far outclassed by Flash, IMO. This season I was also mostly bored with the flashbacks to Oliver in Hong Kong. Torturing people by bow and arrow, right.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
Weakest finale of the 3...weakest season of the 3. We will likely see a pretty hard reset next season. I still love the show, and I like Thea as Speedy.

Let's be honest, for a long-running show, trotting out Deathstroke and Ra's so early probably wasn't the best plan.
Agree with all of this. It was ok, but was far outclassed by Flash, IMO. This season I was also mostly bored with the flashbacks to Oliver in Hong Kong. Torturing people by bow and arrow, right.
At some point, the flashbacks lose their purpose. Last year and year 1, they made a lot of sense, as we were learning about Oliver's background and training. I'm interested in him essentially returning to Lian Yu and waiting to be rescued, but I think we're about done with that.

I wonder if next season we finally see him assume the mantle of "Green Arrow." In the comics, he isn't nearly as broody, so maybe that can slowly change too.
agmatt06
AG
For as brutal as he was in season 1, I still don't see that in him from the flashbacks. You saw a glimpse of it, but not what drove him to plan to come back to Starling and clear the list off.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
For as brutal as he was in season 1, I still don't see that in him from the flashbacks. You saw a glimpse of it, but not what drove him to plan to come back to Starling and clear the list off.

I guess that's true. We haven't seen anything that motivates him to come back and clean up the city yet.
rhutton125
AG
Haven't watched the last two seasons, but I keep up with the show some. If it's anything like Lost, flashbacks really lose their purpose by the 60th episode.
redline248
AG
The problem I find with the flashbacks is they are still telling the story of how Oliver become the ruthless killer of season 1. He's not that person anymore, so how he got there is pretty irrelevant.

Also, I find it funny that no one seems to care that Palmer blew up his building.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
The problem I find with the flashbacks is they are still telling the story of how Oliver become the ruthless killer of season 1. He's not that person anymore, so how he got there is pretty irrelevant.

Also, I find it funny that no one seems to care that Palmer blew up his building.

Well, we SAW how he became less of a killer. We still don't know what motivated him to become a killer and go back to clean up his city, killing if necessary. I think we have STARTED to see what started him as a killer.

Looked to me like the Palmer thing was an accident, not on purpose.
redline248
AG
I know it was an accident, I just thought it was funny that no one had cared enough to comment.

Back to my other point, does it really matter anymore how Oliver became that ruthless killer?
FTACO97
AG
I for one liked this finale. I do agree the the flashbacks are getting old though. It seemed a stretch to have him go off to Hong Kong (or wherever he's been this season) after being on Lian Xu and us knowing that he was rescued from Lian Xu. But I honestly don't know much of his back story from the comics, so that might be canon.

The cliffhanger with Palmer was short lived, now that the video preview for the new spin-off series even explains it.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I for one liked this finale. I do agree the the flashbacks are getting old though. It seemed a stretch to have him go off to Hong Kong (or wherever he's been this season) after being on Lian Xu and us knowing that he was rescued from Lian Xu. But I honestly don't know much of his back story from the comics, so that might be canon.

The cliffhanger with Palmer was short lived, now that the video preview for the new spin-off series even explains it.
WHAT VIDEO PREVIEW?!?!
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

WHAT VIDEO PREVIEW?!?!
This preview for Legends of Tomorrow perhaps?
AgMarauder04
AG
I hadn't seen that. Thanks.

annnnddddd WOW. I'm officially on board with that.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
quote:

This preview for Legends of Tomorrow perhaps?
Except for some wonky CGI re: the Atom, that was pretty cool.
Red Five
AG
I am more interested having seen that than I was when I first heard about it, but i still think it looks a little goofy. Still, I give them credit for doing a Superhero team show. At the very least we dont have that anywhere else (yet). I'm a big fan of Ray (although I want a Barry/Ray/Cisco show) and I am in the minority (on texags at least) in that I actually like Captain Cold.

Its superheroes, so it'll go on the DVR list.
FTACO97
AG
Also glad to see that Sarah will be back for Legends of Tomorrow (after a dip in the "hot tub" :-D )

I kept waiting for an episode this season where she would be brought back by Ra's daughter
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I am more interested having seen that than I was when I first heard about it, but i still think it looks a little goofy. Still, I give them credit for doing a Superhero team show. At the very least we dont have that anywhere else (yet). I'm a big fan of Ray (although I want a Barry/Ray/Cisco show) and I am in the minority (on texags at least) in that I actually like Captain Cold.

Its superheroes, so it'll go on the DVR list.
I like Captain Cold, and he seems to NOT be so over the top on this one.

The question I have is why are both Heatwave and Firestorm needed? They're both pretty similar in powers.
FTACO97
AG
quote:
... and I am in the minority (on texags at least) in that I actually like Captain Cold.

I'm with you on that. Have always liked Wentworth Miller since Prison Break and I think he plays the character well. Don't see why Captain Cold needs to be serious.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Watched the finale in full, and the end left me wondering why I should bother with watching next season? Especially after watching the entire episode, it was a rinse and repeat of Oliver leaves, but will return next season.
AggieDPT
AG
Surely someone dies early on that forces Oliver to come back right? I'm guessing he's tracked down and they kill Felicity. Kinda like what happens in the Bourne movies.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
... and they kill Felicity.
Oh PLEASE let that be the case.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
I know that the directors have been doing some fan-service where Felicity is concerned, this season is evidence of that, but didn't they mention at one point that Laurel and Oliver is the end game much the same way that Lois and Clark was in Smallville?
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Surely someone dies early on that forces Oliver to come back right? I'm guessing he's tracked down and they kill Felicity. Kinda like what happens in the Bourne movies

Well, Palmer might not die, but he's at least going to be significantly hospitalized from that explosion.

Now think back to what Palmer had Felicity sign a few episodes ago - a transfer of ownership.

With him in the hospital (or dead), it's highly likely she gets a phone call and has to return, thus bringing Oliver with her.

I doubt Felicity gets killed now. She'll probably get consumed by the business while Oliver falls back into "hero mode" and they will split because they realize that as long as they are in Starling, they never have a future together.
AggieDPT
AG
True I didn't think of that. So will Ray not be on the Arrow much with the new show taking place?
FTACO97
AG
quote:
quote:
Dear God...NO!
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:

The question I have is why are both Heatwave and Firestorm needed? They're both pretty similar in powers.
"Firestorm" will not be a regular on the show. Just the older, scientist guy. Robbie will show up a few times, but that part of the character will be seen sparingly.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dear God...NO!
Felicity must die. And her remains must be obliterated to the point where even the Lazarus Pit cannot save them.

It is the only way to save the show.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
True I didn't think of that. So will Ray not be on the Arrow much with the new show taking place?
He gone.

Will make 1 or 2 guest appearances.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dear God...NO!
Felicity must die. And her remains must be obliterated to the point where even the Lazarus Pit cannot save them.

It is the only way to save the show.

Honestly, I dont care how she goes, but Felicity, along with Diggle needs to go. Ray's leaving, which is good, and hopefully Nyssa and Merlin will stay in Nanda Parbat majority if not all of next season.

I just think its way more compelling to have a hero on his own rather solve every problem with an ever-growing cast of "teammates". Let him and Speedy work together with little to no help from Black Canary for most if not all of next season. That would be an interesting dynamic (teammates/siblings) and require much more creativity than, "oh no, we're in trouble! Time to call in Diggle!".
SeattleAgJr
Next week, on Arrow:

Felicity: <in tears> Oliver... Where were you. I looked for you a whole ten minutes and could not find you!!!!!!

Oliver: <stoically> Felicity, there are some things I have to do that you just cannot be a part of.

Felicity: <sobbing dramatically> Why? How can you not share after everything.....

Oliver: Please. For us. Just drop it.

Felicity: <tears pooling all over the Arrow Cave> But I cannnnnnnnnnnn't.

Oliver: GODDAMMIT. I ate at Taco Bell last night and had massive explosive diarrhea this morning. Can I not have 10 minutes to myself without you bawling for 30 minutes? Get some other hobbies!

<the end>
redline248
AG
I like Felicity, but damn if you didn't nail that.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
Surely someone dies early on that forces Oliver to come back right? I'm guessing he's tracked down and they kill Felicity. Kinda like what happens in the Bourne movies

Well, Palmer might not die, but he's at least going to be significantly hospitalized from that explosion.

Now think back to what Palmer had Felicity sign a few episodes ago - a transfer of ownership.

With him in the hospital (or dead), it's highly likely she gets a phone call and has to return, thus bringing Oliver with her.

I doubt Felicity gets killed now. She'll probably get consumed by the business while Oliver falls back into "hero mode" and they will split because they realize that as long as they are in Starling, they never have a future together.
Precisely. Nobody gets killed, just ....altered.

And I love snarky Captain Cold. He cracks me up.

I'm not familiar with the recent comics version of Green Arrow, etc. Who does Diggle become with his hidden identity?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I'm not familiar with the recent comics version of Green Arrow, etc. Who does Diggle become with his hidden identity?
Diggle was originally created for the show IIRC. So unlike most of the other characters on the show, we just don't know where he will end up.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
Diggle was originally created for the show IIRC. So unlike most of the other characters on the show, we just don't know where he will end up.
Yes this is true. If you want a bit of trivia he is named after Andy Diggle who was a writer of the comics for a spell.
PatAg
AG
I like DIggle and Felicity, just not their current iterations.
Dr. Horrible
quote:
Back to my other point, does it really matter anymore how Oliver became that ruthless killer?
I actually wish Oliver would head back down that path. Maybe Felicity dying would trigger it.

Oh, and totally bought into the Ledgends show.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.