*****Arrow Season 3*****

48,330 Views | 527 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy fck!
SeattleAgJr
Yeah, lots of stupidity with Roy getting put in gen pop that quickly. I mean, he was only in custody at most 24-36 hours. He might not even have been charged in that little amount of time.

Really STUPID writing. Talking junior high school level understanding of booking.
redline248
AG
There were quite a few writing issues tonight
Sea Pony 07
AG
So many questions, have to admit did not see what happened with Thea coming.
agmatt06
AG
It was a bit cheesy, but they really only did it to cause that first brawl so we could get one last look at him as a fighter...

Him being stabbed by the guard would have taken place either way so that's really no big deal.

Silly, but it was them giving him a last hurrah.
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm glad they let him leave and didn't kill him.
agmatt06
AG
There were some stories online after the show that said the actor is in high demand after good performances on Teen Wolf and Arrow (he's a model as well).

They were only able to lock him down contractually for about 2 years which I guess ended with last nights episode.

If the second spin-off occurs, you could see him show back up on that one in smaller roles, but I think he's done with Arrow unless something drastic changes with his career.
Red Five
AG
quote:
Yeah, lots of stupidity with Roy getting put in gen pop that quickly. I mean, he was only in custody at most 24-36 hours. He might not even have been charged in that little amount of time.

Really STUPID writing. Talking junior high school level understanding of booking.
He was probably charged, because that is how Laurel got Oliver out of police custody. I mentioned the same thing to my wife though, totally unbelievable to me that he would be put in gen pop with a bunch of guys he put in there.

That being said, I thought the episode was a good one. Sad to see Roy go, but better than him being dead. I dont like Thea anyway, so I dont care if she ends up dead, even though I know she wont. I could do without the Ray mopefest that looks like its going to be coming. I don't feel like Oliver and Felicity go together very well, so I'd rather her just stay with Ray.
agmatt06
AG
Felicity is a better fit on The Flash where the Tech is more out there and her skills are better utilized.

Arrow was a better show imo when it was just him hunting down people in his book and a bit more raw.
jabberwalkie09
AG

I think with he introduction of Ray, it gives her that world to explore in Arrow but I agree that The Flash seems a bit more her world though.
AgMarauder04
AG
I can't see Ray sticking around after this season.

I'm interested to see if Arrow ENDS the season as the head of the League? The producers keep saying they're changing everything.
Red Five
AG
I thought Felicity and Ray on the Flash this week was a good fit. Felicity would be a little too much though as a regular, with Caitlin and Cisco. Probably would have to get rid of Caitlin to bring her on. Barry, Ray, and Cisco together would be great though.
agmatt06
AG
Caitlin hasn't done much for the show at all...She seems like a lost character on the show. Her only real story line has been to have her ex, but that's now resolved...Not sure what they plan to do with her now.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Caitlin hasn't done much for the show at all...She seems like a lost character on the show. Her only real story line has been to have her ex, but that's now resolved...Not sure what they plan to do with her now.
I thought they were going to try and make Caitlin a love interest for Barry but it appears like they have decided to move away from that plot line at least for right now. Without her searching for Ronnie, not sure what she is supposed to be doing anymore. It feels like we have seen more Cisco than Caitlin recently IMO.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
I thought they were going to try and make Caitlin a love interest for Barry but it appears like they have decided to move away from that plot line at least for right now. Without her searching for Ronnie, not sure what she is supposed to be doing anymore. It feels like we have seen more Cisco than Caitlin recently IMO.
She will have a very major story arc coming up real soon.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
She will have a very major story arc coming up real soon.
I read the article not too long ago about how she may be making a.... transformation of sorts soon. Not sure how they are going to fit that in.
AgMarauder04
AG
Shouldn't the Caitlin discussion be on the Flash?

She is a pretty major villain from the comics.

Oh, and Oliver's, "There's a pretty good chance you and Palmer are related" had me rolling.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Oh, and Oliver's, "There's a pretty good chance you and Palmer are related" had me rolling.
Probably the best line of the night IMO.
ScottH_01
AG
quote:

I'm interested to see if Arrow ENDS the season as the head of the League? The producers keep saying they're changing everything.
I'm kinda expecting a cross-over finale between the two shows that leaves everything changed.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm kinda expecting a cross-over finale between the two shows that leaves everything changed.
At this stage yeah. It's pretty obvious Oliver is going to go to the League to save his sister culminating in him leaving after the finale, but ends up returning at the start of next season some how. Ray will take care of the city in his absence with Diggle. Still not sure how The Flash would end up, other than Wells needing to be stopped by the three of them.
redline248
AG
Was the photo of Arrow/Flash/Firestorm on the Flash thread or this one?

Speaking of Felcity and Ray recently visiting the Flash crew...what is up with the timeline b/w those 2 shows now? Last week, Ray tells her he loves her and she's all "cool man." Then this week they are on Flash like nothing happened and are totally lovey dovey, then last night on Arrow they are all awkward together again.
PatAg
AG
So is Roy actually leaving the show, or just speculation?
Red Five
AG
quote:
Was the photo of Arrow/Flash/Firestorm on the Flash thread or this one?

Speaking of Felcity and Ray recently visiting the Flash crew...what is up with the timeline b/w those 2 shows now? Last week, Ray tells her he loves her and she's all "cool man." Then this week they are on Flash like nothing happened and are totally lovey dovey, then last night on Arrow they are all awkward together again.
They have to be running pretty concurrently, because when they realized he was a metahuman Oliver told Felicity to call STAR Labs and she said that it wasn't a good time and they had a lot on their plate or something like that.
redline248
AG
Right, which makes the awkward "I told you I love you" conversation really out of place.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
So is Roy actually leaving the show, or just speculation?
His contract was not renewed. That being said, it is anticipated he will occasionally pop up in one or all three shows.
ScottH_01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

At this stage yeah. It's pretty obvious Oliver is going to go to the League to save his sister culminating in him leaving after the finale, but ends up returning at the start of next season some how. Ray will take care of the city in his absence with Diggle. Still not sure how The Flash would end up, other than Wells needing to be stopped by the three of them.

I think that stopping Wells/Thawne means Barry's mom will be alive... After that who knows what happens. I wonder how much of the last three seasons will be retained.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I think that stopping Wells/Thawne means Barry's mom will be alive... After that who knows what happens. I wonder how much of the last three seasons will be retained.
I don't really see why Barry's mom being alive will erase three seasons of history in Arrow. As to Barry's mom, that seems like the show's endgame.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
I don't really see why Barry's mom being alive will erase three seasons of history in Arrow. As to Barry's mom, that seems like the show's endgame.
Spoilers, kinda.

Barry's mom is dead. Yeah, they may play with the Flashpoint storyline and have her come back for a little, but in the end it will be reversed back to her being dead.

Her dying is part of what defines the Flash (same as with Batman).

She cannot live.
agmatt06
AG
Agree.

I think it will always come down to this:

If Barry saves his mother, he dies.
If Barry saves himself, his mother dies.

That will always be the choice.
AgShaun00
AG
I am assuming there was an arrow this week. It is not on my DVR
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I am assuming there was an arrow this week. It is not on my DVR
There sure was. It was good too.
agmatt06
AG
It's the CW network so I'm sure it's already available to watch online...
AgMarauder04
AG
Also on hulu or streamtuner.me or couchtuner.me
ScottH_01
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah, the more I thought about it the less sense that made, but you know butterfly effect and all that. Still, I'm starting to think that would be a very cheap way to resolve their current conflicts.

Arrow has shown the willingness to not have Ollie be able to fully stop the very bad things happening, but they seem to have decided that also means that they need to keep upping the stakes every season which is kinda putting them into storylines that don't have a very good resolution for the series going forward.

For Flash there is also a theory out there that they've put the pieces in place to eventually turn the 1990s Flash show into canon with a bit of timetravel shenanigans. So I think Barry's mom (whether she lives of dies) will be resolved at the end of this season and it will have a big impact on season 2 of Flash (maybe the Wells being alive?).
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yeah, the more I thought about it the less sense that made, but you know butterfly effect and all that. Still, I'm starting to think that would be a very cheap way to resolve their current conflicts.

Arrow has shown the willingness to not have Ollie be able to fully stop the very bad things happening, but they seem to have decided that also means that they need to keep upping the stakes every season which is kinda putting them into storylines that don't have a very good resolution for the series going forward.
I think that they are going to be running a serious risk of shooting themselves in the foot. The show strives to really wow the viewer, and I think they have been doing a great job. Really, I think they have. But the problem like you said is that they are kind of setting themselves up for being put in a corner.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.