Anyone following the Gabby Petito disappearance?

160,171 Views | 1347 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Lake08
FriskyGardenGnome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lex said:

Anyone find it weird 4 people have now been found dead along the places Brian and Gabby were at? I know it's been stated by news outlets they are not connected I just find that wild! All in August too?

The 4 being; The Moab murders, Gabby and the missing hiker who has now been found deceased. Nothing has been said yet whether he was murdered which I mean it's totally possible. I just think it's crazy and sad and eye opening what can happen out there… people go to have fun, camp, explore and then meet there demise... And these people could have all ran into either Gabby and/or Brian at one point... I mean small chance… but still. Or was someone hunting people down and started with the Moab girls, then followed Gabby and Brian, and then came across the hiker? Small chance if that to but honestly the possibilities are endless.
I WANT YOU ON MY JURY!!!
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Someone on reddit compiled all attorney texts. Lets see if this copy works:

Lawyer comms 9/17: Lawyer says Brian is missing
9/19: Lawyer responds about Gabby
9/20-9/21: Lawyer says he's holding press conference. 9/21 states he isn't anymore
9/22: Lawyer is asked about Brian's whereabouts. First states no comment, then states missing over a week:
9/22: Lawyer responds twice to cease and desist regarding Yelp:
9/23: Lawyer confirms Laundries went to Orlando to visit attorney (speaking about himself in third person):
9/23: Lawyer responds to question about Brian's warrant out for arrest:
9/24: Lawyer changes story about Brian missing:
9/26: Lawyer is asked why FBI is at Laundries. Reporter asks follow-up question if parents DNA were taken as well:
9/27: It appears reporter did not ask a question and lawyer texted regarding parents not knowing where Brian is:
9/27: Lawyer responds about Laundrie's camping:
9/28: Lawyer responds regarding Fort De Soto. Includes "baloney". A second response from lawyer regarding when Brian was home:
9/28: Lawyer confirms he last spoke with Brian 9/13:
9/29: Lawyer says he's been family attorney for over 20 years. States "privileged information" when asked when he was representing this specific case:
9/29: Lawyer says "no comment" regarding Brian returning to Florida to clean out storage unit:
9/29: Lawyer says "idk" when asked about when Brian had a phone:
9/29: Lawyer follows up regarding his "idk" comment and provides timeline:
9/29: Lawyer responds regarding burner phone:
9/30: Lawyer responds "no comment" when asked why FBI searched camper:
9/30: Lawyer comments why FBI are at the Laundrie's:
scd88
AG
Good job with the recap.
xhippieliberalx
AG
Thanks!
Guitarsoup
AG
Second long ass body cam video:
Guitarsoup
AG
xhippieliberalx
AG
Can someone tell me why the family's lawyer is talking to reporters so much? Especially when some of the evidence is damaging?
The Dirty Sock
xhippieliberalx said:

Can someone tell me why the family's lawyer is talking to reporters so much? Especially when some of the evidence is damaging?

el bee
AG
Maybe it's a roundabout way of him trying to get the Laundries to give up Brian? Apply some external pressure if they aren't listening to his advice?
DannyDuberstein
AG
el bee said:

Maybe it's a roundabout way of him trying to get the Laundries to give up Brian? Apply some external pressure if they aren't listening to his advice?

If they arent taking his advice, then he needs to resign as their attorney. This guy mostly just looks like a hack trying to practice outside of his specialty. They need to get a real defense attorney
xhippieliberalx
AG
nevermind i googled it myself
Stat Monitor Repairman
The attorney needs to hire an attorney to tell him to stfu and stop texting reporters.

Thats my reaction to what I just read.

TexasRebel
AG
So, is she dead, too?
Guitarsoup
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

el bee said:

If they arent taking his advice, then he needs to resign as their attorney. This guy mostly just looks like a hack trying to practice outside of his specialty. They need to get a real defense attorney

He's been the family attorney for over 20 years, so I'm guessing he hasn't done murder 1 cases
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
xhippieliberalx said:

Billable hours. I'll bet he takes most of the morning at $700/hour to craft those responses.
aglaohfour
AG
Attorney seems like a dumbass. He's spilled more info than everyone else involved put together.
xhippieliberalx
AG
The only thing I can think of is that he's trying to come off as "helpful" in the wake of their deafening silence early on
el bee
AG
Oooooh okay, that makes more sense
Guitarsoup
AG
Attorney's website. Seems like a DIY private practice solo attorney.
Tabasco
AG
Guitarsoup said:

DannyDuberstein said:

el bee said:

He's been the family attorney for over 20 years, so I'm guessing he hasn't done murder 1 cases
https://sbertolinolaw.com/

I remember reading early on that he was their longtime attorney that they utilized for real estate law/home sales. According to his website, he does a variety of things, but under the criminal tab, he does not list murder/homicide.

Quote:

Lawyer Representing Criminal Cases
Steven Bertolino has been representing clients and counseling their families since 1995 on various misdemeanor and felony issues under the penal law such as:

• DWI and Narcotics Violations
  • Burglary & Larceny
  • Rape & Sexual Offenses
  • Assault & Battery
  • Trespass & Disorderly Conduct
  • Traffic Offenses Suspended Licenses

Tabasco
AG
Haha! "Most clientele are satisfied..."

Well if over half of his clients are satisfied, I want that guy!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, he's just the local yokel jack-of-all-trades attorney from back home, and he's making it clear that he's way out of his league here. He should be referring them to someone more equipped
ptothemo
AG
Tabasco said:

Haha! "Most clientele are satisfied..."

Well if over half of his clients are satisfied, I want that guy!

"60% of the time, it works all the time…..

…..Sorry about your financial penalties and jail time, the rest of the time."
TexasRebel
AG
Is this just a live version of My Cousin Vinnie
Guitarsoup
AG
He just keeps talking

Mathguy64
AG
This is how mom and dad get wrapped up now. They can't get their story straight and the idiot lawyer keeps talking.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
If he would have been less incompetent, this is what the prosecution would look like:

Guitarsoup
AG
Live look at Dog searching for Brian.

TexasRebel
AG
I think Cassie may have been talking too much. That looks like, "She didn't say what you heard her say."
Guitarsoup
AG
TexasRebel said:

I think Cassie may have been talking too much. That looks like, "She didn't say what you heard her say."
Any talking is too much talking. [/Actual criminal defense attorney, not GS, who is just a pretend criminal defense attorney]
tandy miller
AG
Rule 1 on Cassie

Sea Speed
AG
She looks like a thumb.
DannyDuberstein
AG
She looks like Brian Laundrie on organ rejection medication
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
tandy miller said:

Rule 1 on Cassie

If she went missing I doubt it would be national news

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.