Anyone following the Gabby Petito disappearance?

161,377 Views | 1347 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Lake08
Ag_N_Houston
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It definitely seems like the boyfriend is guilty.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/gabby-petitos-boyfriend-named-person-interest-disappearance-road/story?id=80037644
FIDO*98*
AG
You mean the boyfriend who hasn't commented or provided anything in terms of an explanation? Nahhhh
DannyDuberstein
AG
He's taken an interesting approach by not saying anything and lawyering up immediately. If they don't find a body and if they don't find any evidence of what happened, making a case against him is an odd challenge even though all logic says he's guilty AF.
scd88
AG
Could it be any more obvious he had a lot to do with her death?
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Exactly. It's pretty obvious he is guilty, but what happened? They were alone...in a van...no one even knows when she actually went missing. He had so many opportunities to kill her and get rid of the body.
Jimbos Plaque
AG
scd88 said:

how do you know she's dead?

Queue law and order music boys I just found the murderer
DannyDuberstein
AG
scd88 said:

Seems so. But at the same time, the prosecution's case is that an adult went on a cross country trip with another adult and didn't come back. If they don't find anything else, that's tricky. You just tell the jury "all we can ask you is to assume the worst"? He's not required to participate and potentially incriminate himself. Defense attorney has a field day presenting a million other scenarios.
Al Bula
AG
Quote:

nope
Sponge
AG
Ya the prosecution is screwed unless they find some solid evidence.
Now if I was the dad, there is a sure fire way of getting information and getting it real quick.
scd88
AG
Senor Butthead said:

scd88 said:

how do you know she's dead?

Queue law and order music boys I just found the murderer

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The police, who investigate crime, and the district attorneys, who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.

Duhn-duhn!
scd88
AG
But if/when they find the body (and they will), the dude is toast.
DannyDuberstein
AG
scd88 said:

We'll see. A cross country road trip of national parks. And he apparently made it a good 3 weeks before anyone even began to look since he came home and just didnt say anything. Bought some time for any trail left behind to get cold, and it's a long trail.
scd88
AG
That's a fair assessment.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

He's taken an interesting approach by not saying anything and lawyering up immediately. If they don't find a body and if they don't find any evidence of what happened, making a case against him is an odd challenge even though all logic says he's guilty AF.
smart move. You should see American criminal investigators. The ideas they get in their heads in real time boggle rational peoples' minds frequently.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The van they were traveling in having something might be their best shot. But they both lived in it for like 2 months which would explain just about anything they find in it, including her blood as long as it's not a ton.

The dude's approach to take "don't say ****" to all star levels is a defense attorney's dream
Stat Monitor Repairman
MonkeyKnifeFighter
NateDog
AG
MonkeyKnifeFighter said:

I'm fluent in crazy b**** and I think the media is bigtime jumping to conclusions.
The articles are all slanted almost singlemindedly into trying to guilt Brian into cracking his silence.
The media also seems to conveniently leaving out several facts in the timeline.

Reading between the lines of the police report, she is majorly unhinged.
I bet their engagement fell apart, she stepped out on him, and he's in combo mode of shell shocked and IRL GTFO'ing.
Her curious dialog in the police report leads me to believe she goaded him into leaving Moab without her.
And he did - he flew out of Moab and went back to Florida, leaving her with the van.

The news isn't reporting that, nor that he flew back to Moab to collect the van again, then drove it back to Florida. Convenient the media also neglects to mention that she was seen alive after he left - certainly the first time, and maybe after the 2nd time he was in Moab.

She's laying low playing "Gone Girl" trying to get him arrested for murder in retaliation.
He's keeping quiet because he has watched the first 26 minutes, 25 seconds of this video and knows she's going to have to resurface eventually.
And all this explanation about why she stayed silent when she vanished is going to fall on her shoulders.

Meanwhile he's reorganizing his life because he's glad it's all over now, and clearing his name is just a waiting game requiring no involvement on his part at all.

At least that's my take on reading multiple sources. And I kind of hope that's how it happened, because this way results in one less awful murder.
What's your source for the bolded info? Because you're correct that it isn't being reported...
92Ag95
AG
I think she was knocked up and he panicked.
92Ag95
AG
Easy, Rod said:

Quote:

nope
Which is, of course, why you opened the thread.
NateDog
AG
NateDog said:

MonkeyKnifeFighter said:

And he did - he flew out of Moab and went back to Florida, leaving her with the van.

The news isn't reporting that, nor that he flew back to Moab to collect the van again, then drove it back to Florida. Convenient the media also neglects to mention that she was seen alive after he left - certainly the first time, and maybe after the 2nd time he was in Moab.

What's your source for the bolded info? Because you're correct that it isn't being reported...
Found it, per Gabby's mother, reported by DailyMail:

Quote:

She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their belongings out of a storage unit. Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

According to Schmidt, Brian's father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit. He left Gabby at the hotel so she, understandably, wouldn't be alone in the van. Brian then flew back to Utah and they left the hotel together on August 24.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9993619/Last-text-message-missing-van-life-woman-Gabby-Petitio-sent-mother-revealed.html
wangus12
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

scd88 said:

We'll see. A cross country road trip of national parks. And he apparently made it a good 3 weeks before anyone even began to look since he came home and just didnt say anything. Bought some time for any trail left behind to get cold, and it's a long trail.
Yeah. Plenty of time for stuff to disappear. Sounds like a week long window from her last message to her mom and the guy getting home to FL with the van. Guess the first step is to get ahold of his phone for gps tracking since most people leave it on.
johnrth
Full body cam video of Moab police run in with both of them.

johnrth
If he did kill her or leave her hurt somewhere their last known place they were headed to was GTNP and YNP. Not just the parks but that area is good area to dispose of someone especially right before winter since Grizzlies are looking to fatten up for hibernation. And he knows he has a head start on gtfo of dodge before people start looking, odds are in his favor there will be nothing left to find.

If you look at reddit there's a new subreddit /r/gabbypetito
92Ag95
AG
Another theory:

They are conspiring to drum up massive national attention to drive up traffic to their yt channel. She will be "found" safe somewhere like the runaway bride from a while back.

I mean....does it makes sense that he just simply drives back to FLA without her and says nothing?

Either he offed her OR it's an attention grabbing scheme.
AliasMan02
AG
The team question is why would anyone believe anything the police or media, two of the most incompetent and self-interested groups in this country, are saying about any of this?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Watched some of the police video. She was the aggressor and both the boyfriend and the cops basically bent over backward to make sure she didn't get cited for domestic assault. I wouldn't rule out that he eventually ditched her somewhere (or she took off), and she's either still out there or someone else did something to her after they separated. The guy seems pretty meek.
Sea Speed
AG
I hqve been following it. Bf seems like a pos. The dad has been very reasonable on all the videos I've seen. Girl seemed like a good person, free spirit and not in a douchy way.

I think bf did it, or it was an accident, he texted the mom that there was no signal and covered it all up. I just hope it comes out sooner than later.

Feel so terrible for the family I would not be handling it well.
Sea Speed
AG
But I haven't done any external digging or research and haven't seen the body cam video so I am open to changing my mind
UTExan
DannyDuberstein said:

Watched some of the police video. She was the aggressor and both the boyfriend and the cops basically bent over backward to make sure she didn't get cited for domestic assault. I wouldn't rule out that he eventually ditched her somewhere (or she took off), and she's either still out there or someone else did something to her after they separated. The guy seems pretty meek.

This. If Moab police prosecuted every case of a bat-guano crazy yankee or west coast tourist that went off on their travel partner, their county jail would be overflowing 24/7.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
DannyDuberstein
AG
She was self-admittedly OCD and prone to smacking him and scratching him up for getting dirt in the van. She also smacked him and yanked the wheel when the cop tried to pull them over, causing them to hit the curb. Witnesses saw her beat on him while he just tried to push her off. She said she hit him because she was mad he kept telling her to calm down.

I am starting to think he left her after another flip-out (he locked her out of the van in this incident to tru to get her to calm down), and possibly came back to realize "oh ****, something happened and I'm gonna get blamed".
bagger05
AG
NateDog said:

NateDog said:

MonkeyKnifeFighter said:

Found it, per Gabby's mother, reported by DailyMail:

Quote:

She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their belongings out of a storage unit. Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

According to Schmidt, Brian's father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit. He left Gabby at the hotel so she, understandably, wouldn't be alone in the van. Brian then flew back to Utah and they left the hotel together on August 24.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9993619/Last-text-message-missing-van-life-woman-Gabby-Petitio-sent-mother-revealed.html

"he flew back to Moab to collect the van again, then drove it back to Florida" is misleading.

He left her in SLC at the Fairfield then returned there and they left the Fairfield together.

What happened between when they left and when he got back to Florida?
TyHolden
AG
I was thinking Gone Girl...she's hiding somewhere and about to gut some sucker.
YellAgs
AG
female has issues, dude left. female did something to herself (possibly while dude was present), dude freaked out and left again. he probably isn't guilty of anything other than sticking himself into crazy.
Wrighty
AG
Were they linked to the double murder of newlyweds!? Or just a coincidence!?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/gabby-petito-update-missing-found-b1920743.html

Quote:

Gabby Petito and her fianc were reportedly arguing and hitting each other, according to a police report from Utah. The couple, who were on a road trip in Ms Petito's van, were spotted having an argument in Moab City, Utah on 12 August.

The argument took place outside the Moonflower Co-op, the workplace of Kylen Schulte, who was murdered along with her wife, Crystal Turner, two days after Ms Petito and Mr Laundrie fought.

Utah police said they would not rule anything out in their investigation, but have not indicated the cases are connected.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.