*** Aggie Volleyball 2024 Thread ***

74,513 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by flintdragon
taylorswift13_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TURNING POINT OF THE SEASON
frenchtoast
Wow. What a comeback.

Hats off to the Fighting Ruth Langmores for giving us an excellent match.
frankie00
Great time for an Ava service ace !!!!!!!!
taylorswift13_
EMILY HELLMUTH 19 KILLS
frankie00
taylorswift13_ said:

EMILY HELLMUTH 19 KILLS
A great transfer pickup !!!!
Chruchie
AG
I'll take the blame for our bad play, but also credit for the last 3 sets. I came it when we were up 7-2 in the first and we never played good while i was watching online. Turned it off after the 2nd and just followed the stats score since. I'm usually not superstitious but apparently the girls just didn't want me to watch.
Ag4eva95
She is definitely finding her stride! Manning set her faster than Waak, and that was a changing point into her finding a rhythm
TulaneAg
She definitely responded better to Manning's sets. Huge game for her... And developing Guinn and Luyopo on that opposite side in lieu of Humphrey was a great change as well.
Chruchie
AG
Hellmuth loves to just rip the cover off the ball, s ok a faster set usually can mean a 1 on 1 match up with the block or just the middle getting over later. That's going to help Emily so much on cutting down the errors of being blocked. There's no need for Emily to change her overall style, our setters should try to get her with better matchups
flintdragon
AG
Missouri player Vernon took 61 swings... that sounds like a lot.
taylorswift13_
Now the ladies get a week to recover and rest before they play at Auburn on Sunday and that'll be a tough match!
taylorswift13_
flintdragon said:

Missouri player Vernon took 61 swings... that sounds like a lot.
I'm 25 and my shoulder hurt reading that lol
taylorswift13_
Here's a link to other scores in the SEC, Oklahoma takes down ranked Tennessee, ranked vs ranked matchup between Kentucky and Florida goes to Kentucky, and tu easily takes down LSU

https://www.secsports.com/scores/volleyball
taylorswift13_
Our next home match isn't until October 18th got 3 matches at auburn, at ole miss, and at lsu! Auburn will be a tough one, but if we pull that off we can definitely start sec play 4-1, before a tough 3 game stretch of Florida, Arky, tu
t-rex
AG
That's a big win! Against a team that will likely finish around us in conference, also a win at home and you need to win those. Tough way to get there but really good outcome.
RadCouncil 21
AG
Did we open with power today?
Wicked Good Ag
A tale of two cities

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

But reverse that for this match. Missouri #4 is one of the top 3 servers in the SEC maybe even the best and it clearly showed in the first set. We couldnt handle her run of 10 points to take our huge lead and basically give them the same huge lead. After that we couldnt pass well for the rest of that set and the next honestly even though #4 wasnt near as effective we had some trouble with most servers.
We also were not getting any production from OH2 position and couldnt get middles going with poor ball control.

That started to change later in the third set. Winning a challenge helped (10-11 total for the match with 5 being upheld and the other 5 maybe 6 being overturned. Hellmuth started to heat up and we got our middles involved for a total of 16 kills with only 1 error. Ending the match with 19 kills for Hellmuth and Lednicky with 15 and Guinn had a decent run before fading a bit.

But i think the turning point was using the double switch and running a 6-2 system for various points. It altered their main hitter a bit and we got some points and the tide shifted. I think Manning had a bit better set location the Waak did but I also think that was based totally on first contact being poor in the beginning. Still missing some serves at critical times but it didnt come back t ahunt us this match

Big win on the reverse sweep, and the crowd was really into the match (surprised a bit and expected a higher turnout after the t,u. match, but dont tell me no one cares about Texas now that they are in the SEC and we play them again)/ You go from over 9k to this crowd number today soley because of who we played Friday...just like baseball, how basketball will be and the likely most high priced ticket for football will occur in November

Good win and I can take away the fact that our middles are legit if we can get the ball to them and Hellmuth starting to get kills over errors
fitzwatema
AG
I was at my grandson soccer match and didn't get to watch. I came here and read through the thread for this Mizzou match and it was great seeing all the scores and comments!

Thanks to all of you that posted on here today! Well done.
taylorswift13_
Accurate depiction of the reverse sweep today

taylorswift13_
Auburn is ranked 24th as we head there on Sunday, a ranked matchup!!!
Faustus
It's funny how different the volleyball rankings are from most other sports. Sure the Wildcats have played a far more difficult schedule than most teams with better records, but at some point the losses have to mean something.

7-6 and still ranked No. 13. One of those losses was to 12-1 Auburn, and UK is still ranked more than 10 slots above the Tigers.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/volleyball-women/d1/avca-rankings
flintdragon
AG
yeah, it's hard to fall for some teams and hard to rise for others.

SMU has been having a stellar year, beating some really good teams and are now just ranked 17. They've beaten three ranked teams including Nebraska in straight sets.

I think it was Ohio State last year. Started highly ranked and took forever to fall out of the rankings.

The upcoming game vs Auburn is very interesting to me. Good measuring stick...
Anchorhold
We'll see how tuff they are after playing #1 Pitt, #1 Pitt, #2 Stanford, two unranked teams, then #4 Louisville. That's a tuff stretch.
Wicked Good Ag
Latest RPI futures has us moving up from #32 to 21 with a split on the weekend

Also predict us at 19-7 overall so that means we lose 6 matches in conference putting us likely in the top of second tier

Has Auburn listed at #15 and on road so difficult test this weekend
taylorswift13_
D1 Womens Volleyball Championship in 2026 will be held in San Antonio
taylorswift13_
Auburn hosts Georgia on sec plus right now at 6:30! I'm hoping for a 5 setter where each set has 50 set points
taylorswift13_
Auburn serves hard
taylorswift13_
Auburn wins in 4 really close sets and Georgia errors stopped the match from going to set 5! Auburn serves really hard so our back row and serve receive better be ready! They set the pins very often, but I wasn't impressed with their setter! We need to get them out of system and we can control the match
Ag4eva95
Hellmeuth in the Mizzou match looked very solid in the backrow passing. She doesn't pass with temp on defense, but otherwise was solid. I think she's good when she just has to pass/play defense: once she starts having to think about passing and transitioning to swing, that's when she gets served off the court
taylorswift13_
GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

TEXAS A&M (10-2, 1-1) vs #24auburn (13-1, 3-0)

2:00pm
Sec+

Today we will give auburn their first sec loss and replace them in the rankings!! Their head coach is an Aggie in Brent Crouch (class of 98) and their assistant is Rachel Corbelli, daughter of Laurie and John! They have two incredible wins over ranked Florida State and ranked Kentucky, with their lone pass coming to ranked Minnesota! The rest of their wins aren't really impressive! They are led by OH #1 Madison Scheer who can SWING hard! They run a 6-2 and they really try to attack you with tough serves! They have some really strong pins and will normally attack from there, their Libero is solid! To me we need to get them out of system really well because their setters aren't the best and they rely on the big swing near the net!! It'll be a tough matchup and they have that record for a reason! They beat Georgia in 4 sets Friday night and we'll be coming off a week without playing, so let's hope for rested instead of rusty! Here is their IN DEPTH MEDIA GUIDE https://storage.googleapis.com/auburn-prod/2024/08/14/5mb0Rw4C9RG2hNoSQYTWhO27YfK52GUd5K5CseZ2.pdf
fitzwatema
AG
BTHO Auburn!
taylorswift13_
Texas easily sweeps Florida and Kentucky sweeps Mizzou
taylorswift13_
Very back and forth so far!
taylorswift13_
I love how you can hear everything on the court, the communication and even the sound of the hit
taylorswift13_
Finally a 2 point lead! Aggies lead 9-7

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.