*** Aggie Volleyball 2024 Thread ***

24,743 Views | 496 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by taylorswift13_
RadCouncil 21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Timeout Aggies: 6-11 TAMUCC (set 1)
stoneca
I can't get it on espn+. Anybody else have luck? Any other way to watch it?
chap
AG
Yeah the Directv ESPN spat is preventing me from seeing it also.
RadCouncil 21
AG
Timeout Aggies: 13-18 CC (set 1)
Gap
AG
A lot of little things not going our way this set. I feel confident we willl get on track soon.
stoneca
chap said:

Yeah the Directv ESPN spat is preventing me from seeing it also.
I also have direct tv but I pay separately to stream ESPN+, so I didn't think I would be affected by their spat. Apparently, I am wrong on my logic!?
chap
AG
This match isn't on ESPN+. It's on SEC Network +, which requires a link to a TV service which has SEC Network. Since all of ESPN's networks were pulled off DirecTV yesterday I don't have access to SEC Network+
Gap
AG
Timeout CC.

Ags lead 25-24
RadCouncil 21
AG
First set Aggies! 26-24
Gap
AG
Ags with a huge comeback to take set 1: 26-24
Swollen Thumb
AG
CC falling apart and our block has come alive. 18-10
Swollen Thumb
AG
25-11. Ags take set 2. Up 2-0
frankie00
CC started off with a lead and I thought it might be a close set but ... NOPE!
Swollen Thumb
AG
9-4 in set 3. Playing solid.
Swollen Thumb
AG
Middles are eating!!
Swollen Thumb
AG
15-6. Just too much for CC. Waak has it going with both middles.
drumbeat10
AMCC is doing some really weird block scheming sending two against our outsides, moving their left pin to block middle 1v1 and leaving our setter alone at the net. Not sure why but waak doing a great job feeding the middles.
frankie00
Maddie has been doing great this season. Was a great transfer pickup from LSU!
frankie00
CC kept this one close, like the first set, but Aggies prevail !!
RadCouncil 21
AG
Aggies win 3-0!
stoneca
chap said:

This match isn't on ESPN+. It's on SEC Network +, which requires a link to a TV service which has SEC Network. Since all of ESPN's networks were pulled off DirecTV yesterday I don't have access to SEC Network+
Gotcha, thanks! That puts me in the same predicament as you. Hope they resolve their "spat" quickly.
RadCouncil 21
AG
Also worth noting really good crowd even with a lack luster opponent
taylorswift13_
Flight just landed and the first thing I did was open this thread! Thanks for the updates and can't wait to watch it later!

3-0
Swollen Thumb
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Flight just landed and the first thing I did was open this thread! Thanks for the updates and can't wait to watch it later!

3-0

We did our best in your absence!!
Wicked Good Ag
Hitting connection was off in the first set...set location was too tight early on but we recovered to catch up

I think the fact that we are already getting the middles involved more in the offense bodes well down the line

Watching the top teams on TV play we are a bit behind in just overall play.

Ot seems that will will rely on Logan heavily and the middles more than last year.

Our non con schedule isnt that great in terms of high quality opponents excpet Wisconsin which should tell us how we are against the top level teams on the road
B$Weigem
AG
Back row play is much better. Only real negative is Still too many service errors
MarkPro
We enjoyed watching the Ladies win today. I was disappointed that the scoreboard didn't show in game stats for the players. It's nice to be able to look up and see who has done what during the course of each set.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Mark Twain
Wicked Good Ag
Player stats are on the big scoreboard now above the court
taylorswift13_
tu loses to Minnesota 3-2
Swollen Thumb
AG
Ha. Came here to post this. It was a great match though. We still have a little ways to go I think. Wisconsin game will be interesting.
frankie00
Here I am talking up Maddie again. In this case, simply passing along a press release from 12thman.com (came out before the CC game, where she had another great game, but just caught it this morning):

Waak Named SEC Setter of the Week

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. Texas A&M volleyball's Maddie Waak was named SEC Setter of the Week for the first time in her career following the Aggies' opening weekend of action, the league announced Monday afternoon.

Waak made her first appearances for the Maroon & White at the Jaguar invitational, following her transfer from LSU in January. The junior orchestrated the Aggie offense to an efficient weekend, as the team hit .340 percent over the two matches.

In the season opener versus South Alabama, Waak logged 36 assists in the three-set match, while adding seven digs and a kill. The next day, she continued to spread the rock against McNeese with 49 assists which was two shy of her career high. In the match versus the Cowgirls, Waak helped three members of the team reach double-digit kills.

aggie-1997
AG
My main observation from the CC match was we are showing improvement in skill and play. Are we where we want to be....no, but from our performance yesterday I think we can all agree we are heading in the right direction.
Swollen Thumb
AG
Agreed. Improving for sure! Biggest difference I saw between watching our game and then the tu Minn game was their ability to aggressively serve at a high %. Our first touch has improved quite a bit, but I think we will still have issues trying to serve teams off the net like Morrison wants to do. Just nit picking a little…..overall we absolutely look better this year. Should be a fun season.
Wicked Good Ag
As Swollen Thumb said our first contact is much better...first time in a long time that i havent said to begin the year passing is our main issue from the very beginning

I think we look a bit better than last year at this time but i also realize we havent played anyone with a pulse yet

If we want to be a player in VB one of the biggest hurdles in post season play is now gone...we wont be sent to Austin to lose a 3-1 match in the second round but the schedule doesnt look like a team that is proving itself at all

While we play the South Alabama, TAMU CC, and McNeeses the top schools are [laying other top 10 teams

Anchorhold
I'm just focused on the zero at the end of our record. Keep it up, ags!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.