*****Track and Field 2022-2023*****

72,107 Views | 630 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by taylorswift13
triniaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From Letsrun forum.
Any idea who this coach is?

Quote:

A&M jumps filled, pulling from within the conference
triniaggie
AG
Coach Brady wanted to spend more time with his family

Quote:

"Really, it is about being able to spend time with my family," Brady said. "Texas A&M is a great institution and I had a great job. It has been one of the real joys of my life professionally.

"But there was not much time for anything else. My son is at an age where I need to be around a little more. And I think my wife would be very appreciative if I have more chances to take her out for a date night. The work is just as tough and important. But I will have more flexibility in my personal schedule."
triniaggie
AG
It's official

triniaggie
AG
Just wondering if his son Isaiah would now decommit from Arkansas and become an Aggie again
Remember Isaiah first committed to Texas A&M and then decommitted and then committed to Oregon and then decommitted and committed to Arkansas.
TRM
AG
Probably not. He's playing football and he was kind of placeholder until we got guys like Stewart and Marshall.
taylorswift13
AG
Based on social media, most recruits and some current athletes are fans of the Mario Sategna hire
triniaggie
AG
Wow
Bamidele to Florida
Didn't realize he was in the portal
Most of the sprinters have left
taylorswift13
AG
Damn it! That hurts!
taylorswift13
AG
We still have a strong 4x400 pool with Schwartzman, Etiwe, Zamzow, Auhmad Robinson, and incoming freshman Demarco Escobar and Eric Hemphill. We'll also see if Mpoke and or Brandon Miller come back! Although with him and Broome gone, we need to use those scholarships and get some sprinters asap, maybe a jumper or two as well
fitzwatema
AG
These defections are very concerning.
triniaggie
AG
Florida also sign
High Jumper Corvel Todd (NCAA indoor runner up)
Jevaugh Powell (Jamaican 400m champion) from UTEP
Ryan Maseman Distance from Alabama
Robert Gregory from TCU
Sean Dixon-Bodie Triple jumper from LSU

They now can score points in all areas
TRM
AG
We had a glut of 400 runners, so I'm not broken up about it since he was injured and inconsistent. I'm disappointed we're not making better use of people's covid year to bring in valued transfers.
triniaggie
AG

The good thing about Mario Sategna is that he can coach basically a range of events including throws and hurdles which is huge for our multi-athletes and the team

Quote:

In that position, he oversaw the throws, multi-events, pole vault and high hurdles events.
Look Out Below
AG
Still have Chevannie Hanson too
taylorswift13
AG
Heather Abadie advances to the U20 World Athletics Pole Vault Final
aggierun
Coach Henry has had great run, but all good things come to end. I'd give him another year, maybe two and I suspect he'll retire. Mari Sategna,if he has has a good year or two would be a perfect replacement!
taylorswift13
AG
Ashton Schwatzman advances to the U20 World Semi's in the 400
Anchorhold
While I am glad it isn't my decision of when to retire a coach, Bjork has hit out of the park with new hires Coaches Taylor, Chadwell and Schloss.
taylorswift13
AG
Can't find the split but Kennedy Wade anchored the USA Mixed Relay to Gold

fitzwatema
AG
Awesome!
taylorswift13
AG
Not Aggie related but what do you all think of Letsile Tebogo running a 9.91 at age 19, even after he turned 90 degrees and started pointing at his opponent and to the crowd with 20-30 meters to go… woah

taylorswift13
AG
I know Joe Sarra is there with Abadie but does anyone know if any of our other coaches are there in Colombia or at least in North Carolina for the JO's
Look Out Below
AG
Coaches can't recruit off campus for a few weeks starting August 1.
taylorswift13
AG
lol that's true, thanks for the reminder
Look Out Below
AG
Live Feed of Indoor Track & new Football Building Construction
Anchorhold

Hurry up!
Aggie02
AG
Heather Abadie finished 8th at the WJC. She cleared 4.10M.
taylorswift13
AG
Go Abadie! Time to reset and get ready to go over 14 next year!
triniaggie
AG
Cross Country roster 2023

https://www.tfrrs.org/teams/xc/TX_college_f_Texas_AM.html

https://www.tfrrs.org/teams/xc/TX_college_m_Texas_AM.html

CollinAB
AG
Excited to see Bryceson Boss on there. I coached him and he was teammates with Caden Norris in high school. He was TAPPS 6A State champ in the 800, 1600, and 3200 in 2021, but it was kind of a "big fish, small pond" situation with him. There weren't really any guys on the team or in the area that could compete with him, so I know he's looking forward to being surrounded by and competing with a lot more talent. He should be set up for some solid development this year.
taylorswift13
AG
Thanks for your contributions to the team CollinAB
taylorswift13
AG
Really hope our ladies took their game up another level this summer! If Julia Black, Abbey Santoro, Gemma Goddard, and Maddie Livingston improved that would be amazing! Grace Plain looked extremely well during track and possibly our top girl, hopefully it can transfer over to xc! Really excited to see who else will crack the top 7 maybe even push these 5 mentioned ladies. Carson Parker and Amanda Hogan are a few of the freshman I expect to contribute!!

As for the men it's a little more complicated to choose who our best 5 will be, therefore we need many to step up! Eric Casarez will lead us and hopefully have a consistent season. Transfer Francesco Romano can be a solid number 2 and push Casarez! We just need others like Hoffpauir, Cawthra, Benn, and Chung to step up and carry their momentum from the strides made on the track! Let's see what freshman can contribute although it's hard to gauge based on the bigger jump in distance. Kyle Easton will be a solid freshman, but I'm curious to see what Chandon Chhikara will do! Hasn't ran xc since 2018, BUT has gotten so much stronger especially in track! Ran a 5k not far behind Casarez at Texas Relays
taylorswift13
AG
Ashton Schwartzman leads off and Kennedy Wade anchors their respective relays to the top qualifying mark into the finals!
taylorswift13
AG
Lindon Victor wins the commonwealth games decathlon!
taylorswift13
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.