*****Track and Field 2022-2023*****

69,626 Views | 630 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by taylorswift13
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After a rough start, and an even tougher 2 years battling injuries, the Aggie great 800 runner and anchor leg Devin Dixon places 4th at indoor Nationals! Runs a 1:46.77!! Dixon has been and always will be one of my favorite Aggies! I hope he stays healthy and wreaks havoc outdoors!
taylorswift13
AG
William Williams is leading the long jump after 3 rounds! That name will never not make me laugh! He's up to 26'11
taylorswift13
AG
William Williams Jr is your USA Indoor National Long Jump Champion! 26'11, 4 jumps over 26 feet!
triniaggie
AG

16 year old Jana Koscak of Croatia smashes her world under 18 pentathlon record with a score of 4585 points.

60mH - 8.46
HJ - 1.90m
SP - 15.11m
LJ - 6.17m
800m - 2.30.80
Bring n WOOD
AG
What's going on with Aggie track & Field?? Not even top ten in either Men's or Women's 2023 SEC indoor track and field championships???
triniaggie
AG

Rhasidat Adeleke on Texas Coach Floreal

"He's always been real with me, always been honest, and he's so genuine - he would never kind of run me into the ground. If he doesn't think that something is beneficial for me, he won't put me in that direction.
"I know a lot of collegiate coaches, their main objective is the collegiate season and for the athletes to perform on the collegiate level and win championships, win team championships and score as many points as you can, just so they can get some more money in their pockets.
"I know there was a lot of talk about at the SEC championships, how there were some athletes doing four events in the space of two hours to score points for their team. Coach Flo is never someone who would do that."

I thought he is going all out to win a National Championship at any cost? Why all those Pro athletes still running for him?
aggierun
aggierun
Wish I had an answer to why the Ags finished tenth in both the women's and men's SEC meet. Quite baffling! I am sure Coach Pat Henry has a lot of questions. He has had a good (great) run and I am sure not happy. Wouldn't be surprised if he retired at the end this year. With no home outdoor meets and a rather disjointed schedule it's hard to see things getting better, Let!s hope?
Anyone know the Stu's of Carter Bajoit, Sam Whitmarsh or Thatcher Frankfather? Also I hope we see the return of Chevannie Hansen and Sam Hankins. THANKS
Look Out Below
AG
I've heard that you'll hear from most of these folks once outdoors gets started up
taylorswift13
AG
Freshman Thrower and 2022 6A Discus State Champion Cristion Davis has entered the transfer portal without even competing for A&M! I was excited to see him compete in the maroon and white
jt2hunt
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Freshman Thrower and 2022 6A Discus State Champion Cristion Davis has entered the transfer portal without even competing for A&M! I was excited to see him compete in the maroon and white
wtf!
taylorswift13
AG
The track is now 400 meters, javelins are piercing the air, feet are splashing as they hurled the steeple water barrier, outdoor season begins! The Aggies have arrived in the Bahamas to kick off the outdoor season!
triniaggie
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Are there any others in the transfer portal since the portal opened?
triniaggie
AG
taylorswift13 said:

The track is now 400 meters, javelins are piercing the air, feet are splashing as they hurled the steeple water barrier, outdoor season begins! The Aggies have arrived in the Bahamas to kick off the outdoor season!
I noticed some of our athletes are not in Bahamas with the team
taylorswift13
AG
Not that I'm aware of! But oh man is it going to be crazy this summer! Not specifically for us that I know of, but in general! After what Florida and Arkansas did it's going to be chaos
triniaggie
AG
Is James Smith injured? He hasn't competed for the Aggies in the last couple of meets and is not with the team in Bahamas.
taylorswift13
AG
I hope not! He was looking so great and like a whole new runner running those 400's indoors I hope he's okay!
triniaggie
AG
His Instagram feed showed he was in Berkeley California yesterday
taylorswift13
AG
Then you may be correct! Pat Henry usually always has the 400 hurdlers out there the first meet either to run them or run a 400
hurdlenut
Is there an online site where we can see who is running this weekend in the Bahamas? Sure hope that James Smith made the trip and competes!
taylorswift13
AG
Disappointing news…

There was a streaker during the Aggie sip baseball game yesterday and it was our very own Spencer Werner, freshman distance runner… and worst thing is he got caught lol! So much for speed training! He is charged with criminal trespass and misorderly conduct… likely off the team in my opinion

94chem
When I saw the video, first thing I noticed was Nike Pegasus going over the wall. Kids, if you're gonna streak, don't streak in department issue.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
taylorswift13
AG
And if you're representing a track team, don't get caught
94chem
taylorswift13 said:

And if you're representing a track team, don't get caught

Touche'

Didn't somebody try to steal Usain Bolt's bag in an airport several years ago? Yeah, bad move.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
triniaggie
AG
Looking at rosters of two of the more dominant schools at this time. Talk about recruiting advantage

Texas has about 14 international athletes (9 women and 5 men)

Arkansas has 22 international on their roster (14 men with 10 being Jamaicans and 8 women with 4 Jamaicans)

Texas A&M less than 5 total international recruits

Jamaican continue to be cream of the crop for recruiting. We have not explored this option as well as we should. Yes we have Hanson and Distin and had Young but no one since then. We desperately need some good long and triple jumpers and women long hurdlers. A couple of African distance runners can sure boost of our distance group. While our throws group have done well, we are not seeing great scoring potential in hammer, discuss, weight throw events. Just get one great Weight and Hammer thrower who can also throw the discuss.

We cannot continue to complain about the laws in Texas affecting tuition. How then does Texas have so much internationals on their roster then. I guess it's a strategy for us to figure out.

triniaggie
AG
It gets worst for Tyra. She gets banned for 6 months from last year over ADHD medication

TRM
AG
taylorswift13
AG
taylorswift13
AG
Somebody tell AIU whatever's in that drug wasn't helping her lol and those results forfeited weren't much either lol
taylorswift13
AG
I hope her fianc comes back out to fight over this
blommy
After some encouraging results at the Florida Relays, our women are ranked #5 in this week's National Track & Field Ratings Index....and Lamar Distin should help bump that rating up once she competes in the Outdoors (I'm hoping she is not injured). Does anybody know the status of Gigi Edwards and Bailey Goggins for the remainder of the outdoor season?
triniaggie
AG

Tyra said the transfer was last minute and a leap of faith
https://instagr.am/p/CqlJG_ogwov
triniaggie
AG
I think GG Edwards mentioned on social media that she might be ready to suit up again. Not sure if that will be this week.

No news whatsoever on Bailey Goggans
TRM
AG
LOL a new event? I guess she never long jumped before last year.
Quote:

The last year and a half was one of the most challenging times of my life. First my transfer, it was a huge leap of faith and it extremely last minute. It was complicated learning a new event, having a new coach, new training schedules, new programs, living in a new city, and being in a new environment. It was an extremely confusing and overwhelming time and it led me to not trust myself and it showed in my performance last year.
triniaggie
AG
I was thinking the same thing. What new event? Maybe CochFloKnows was the new event

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.