*****Track and Field 2022-2023*****

68,484 Views | 630 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by taylorswift13
triniaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lamara Distin wins the high jump gold medal at the commonwealth games with a jump of 1.95m.
gigem1966
Fantastic. Let's all hope she stays and doesn't get a great Pro offer!
taylorswift13
Sodadude
AG
Not Aggie related, but this Commonwealth 800m pacing by Mary Moraa is the craziest run I've ever seen. Goes out fast to a big lead for 300, then slow jogs to the back of the pack for 200, and then goes ahead and runs the final 300 to pull out the win down the stretch.

taylorswift13
AG
Was a weird weird race strategy! Poor Keely, but silver looks good on her
fitzwatema
AG
Wow, what a crazy race!
taylorswift13
AG
Ashton Schwartzman wins gold on the relay running 2nd leg! He will be ready to go next season and be a huge contributor for us!
taylorswift13
AG
taylorswift13
AG
Deborah Acquah went 6.94 on her first jump!!!! 22'9.25
taylorswift13
AG
Gittens continues her disappointing season and could only get to 20'5… meanwhile her former teammates will medal in her events
taylorswift13
AG
2 jumps remaining and Acquah is in 3rd
taylorswift13
AG
Gabe Oladipo will now also play football at Tech
taylorswift13
AG
Acquah will win bronze
taylorswift13
AG
taylorswift13
AG
Track weekend recap

Commonwealth Games

Lamara Distin: Gold - High Jump
Lindon Victor - Gold - Decathlon
Deborah Acquah - Bronze - Long Jump

World U20 Championships

Kennedy Wade: Gold - 4x400, Mixed 4x400
Ashton Schwartzman: Gold - 4x400, 10th 400
Heather Abadie: 8th - Pole Vault

Diamond League

Bryce Deadmon - Bronze - 400: 44.68
taylorswift13
AG
And here's Bryce's world athletics page LOL

taylorswift13
AG
Cool to see our xc teams going on team bonding trips to train at elevation, the ladies went to Sedona, Arizona and the men went to Breckinridge, Colorado!
aggierun
Is it true that sprinter Lance Broome has transferred to Texas tech?
hurdledog
Anchorhold
Yes, or at least fully commited per his 'gram.

Well......
gigem1966
Yes, Tech announced it. They also got some other transfers.
taylorswift13
AG
Here's incoming freshman Jack Mann clearing 17'1.5!!! Him, Landon Helms, and Zach Davis are going to be a solid vaulting squad!

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChQQCIVvqqS/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
taylorswift13
AG
After injuring herself and getting surgery in 2021 and not really getting back into shape in 2022, Immanuela Aliu is transferring to Arizona State. After her injury the writing was pretty much on the wall, best of luck in Tempe!
taylorswift13
AG
For your entertainment purposes, listen to Bryce Deadmon take over the USATF Instagram Stories, this man is a comedian!

https://instagram.com/stories/usatf/2906960587083076149?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=ODBkMDk1MTU=
gigem1966
Things just got a bit easier in the SEC - Anna Hall going pro! So glad to see it.
taylorswift13
AG
Great to hear!! Eric Edwards of LSU is going pro as well! I saw Stacey Ann Williams of Texas signed with a professional agency and has graduated so I assume she should be going pro as well! Texas women will have a drop off next year! I think what's key is who and if we can bring in any mid year transfers
triniaggie
AG
I really hope we can bring a few really good spring transfers. Many of our 5th year athletes have left
triniaggie
AG
gigem1966 said:

Things just got a bit easier in the SEC - Anna Hall going pro! So glad to see it.

Tyra also had an opportunity to do same and turn pro when she was atop the NCAA but chose to waste a year. Now she has gone from a elite athlete to a subpar performing athlete
triniaggie
AG
Nice post from Deshae Wise turning pro. She mentioned in 1 year she went from a 62 seconds 400 hurdler to a 55 seconds hurdler

https://instagr.am/p/ChdV4XWgXgr
taylorswift13
AG
Not sure why one of our athletes would post this on social media, but here is a preliminary schedule for our 2022-2023 season! It is confirmed that no track and field meets will be held in College Station this school year. Indoor will see a lot of meets in Arkansas as expected, but also to some huge meets as well, like Notre Dame and Clemson. And we will be hitting a lot of the big meets outdoors such as Penn Relays and big meets in Florida. Not a fan of the Texas Relays and would love to see us out at Florida instead. Seems dual meet with Texas is cancelled! Really sucks for our athletes who won't be on travel rosters but hopefully they can compete in meets in Texas.

TRM
AG
Hard to hold a meet with all the construction over on West Campus. Ideally, they should have done this construction when they 1st built the outdoor stadium.
tk for tu juan
How long has it been since they last competed in the Penn Relays? Excited they will be at Rice's Victor Lopez meet
Aggie02
AG
Looks like a lot of split squad meets. I know we do it sometimes with long distance going to different meet than sprinters but its more than usual.

We typically start the season at ASU but its not on the schedule for the first meet. Is ASU doing facilities work as well?
TRM
AG
Didn't ASU get a new coach recently? Maybe, they don't like the way that coach runs the meet?
TRM
AG
I want to say it's been like 8 years (2014?). I remember Deon running there, but we switched over to the Baylor meet when they opened the new stadium.
taylorswift13
AG
Not sure but I'm really excited! Even glad we could be potentially sending some DMR's to South Bend! Overall I know Florida is gonna dominate once more, but it will be a fun season watching us compete throughout the nation and potentially following several meets at a time

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.