*****Track and Field 2022-2023*****

68,483 Views | 630 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by taylorswift13
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Landon Helms cleared 17'1 yesterday in the pole vault
triniaggie
AG
taylorswift13 said:

LOL

And tu's top distance runner Yaseen Abdalla transfers to Tennessee, Tennessee loading up on the distance runners
They hired a top head coach and he hired a top distance coach.
They are going to be dominant in the SEC.

We are being left behind in all areas.
AggieSwim16
taylorswift13 said:

Landon Helms cleared 17'1 yesterday in the pole vault

I am so disappointed that he was not named Gatorade National Track AND Field Athlete of the Year!!
I mean, I love the 800, but to give it to someone who ONLY does the 800 instead of someone who has clearly demonstrated excellence in many disciplines on both sides of the sport is unbelievable to me!! I felt like Landon was a clear winner for that award!! Nationally ranked in several events!!
taylorswift13
AG
Highly agreed
aggierun
I'LL THRD THAT!!
hurdledog
gigem1966
If I missed it I apologize, but I have not seen them promote all the Aggie athletes going to the World Championships. Seems like that would be a good way to stir up some interest with recruits. I wonder about the Sean Brady deal - is this a clue that their is trouble or did he just want to get back to his home grounds?
TRM
AG
I've seen them have an 800U graphic with Miller and Athing on my Facebook newsfeed but I haven't checked their page for any others.
taylorswift13
AG
Cross Country schedule posted! And I for one am happy to see us get out of our home course more. This year we head to Stillwater and Lehigh. Both meets with great quality schools where we will be pushed early! Along with us hosting Regionals! Can't wait to see our Aggies run miles and miles!

https://12thman.com/news/2022/7/14/cross-country-releases-2022-schedule.aspx
taylorswift13
AG
Charokee Young has signed a deal with Puma to become a Puma athlete. Probably means she won't be competing for us next year, but you never know

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgCs-SNp9ds/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
taylorswift13
AG
That means we will lose our top 100, 200, 400, 800, 1500, 5000, 100 hurdles, 400 hurdles, Steeple, Long Jumper, and Triple Jumper…

unless Kaylah Robinson comes back for an extra year which could happen! But we're losing a lot of production and we've yet to use the transfer portal to replace any of it. No sprinters or jumpers have yet to sign with us. Hopefully a few more do or Henry can bring some in during the winter.
triniaggie
AG
taylorswift13 said:

That means we will lose our top 100, 200, 400, 800, 1500, 5000, 100 hurdles, 400 hurdles, Steeple, Long Jumper, and Triple Jumper…

unless Kaylah Robinson comes back for an extra year which could happen! But we're losing a lot of production and we've yet to use the transfer portal to replace any of it. No sprinters or jumpers have yet to sign with us. Hopefully a few more do or Henry can bring some in during the winter.

We would need some really experienced and good recruits to replace all that we have lost this year.
TRM
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Charokee Young has signed a deal with Puma to become a Puma athlete. Probably means she won't be competing for us next year, but you never know

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgCs-SNp9ds/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Her story has all her friends saying she turned pro. If she was American she could have had a NIL deal with Puma and still run with us.
Aggie02
AG
I am happy for her but really wished she would have stayed and developed further. This reminds me of Jeneba Tarmoh turning pro. I hope Charokee has a better pro career and can reach her full potential.
taylorswift13
AG
I agree! Would have loved for her to come back one more year! I thought she needed to become a little more consistent especially in big meets. Never captured an individual title. However, right now the 400 isn't very strong globally, so she can make some money competing internationally! I wonder where she would train! Wish there was more NIL out into our program to help athletes stay and earn their degrees before going pro. However it is a selling point for us that you can come her and go pro quickly, whereas other schools (like tu) will wear you down for 5 years…
Look Out Below
AG
Robinson's 5th year was this year already.
gigem1966
Arkansas hit it rich in throws from the portal - 2rd place finisher in NCAA discus, 4th place finisher in NCAA shot put, and the 9th place in the discus. We are behind.
taylorswift13
AG
Dang did not realize that!! Plus the jumpers they got! They are loading up with potential national scorers
taylorswift13
AG
Look at Duke loading up their rosters as well! 18 transfers! https://instagram.com/duketfxc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
taylorswift13
AG
Arkansas has position itself to be one the favorites thanks to the transfer portal! Florida did this last year and now Arky. Us on the other hand………..
triniaggie
AG
Let us continue not to believe in NIL and transfer portal. That's just the way of life now.
Either we accept these changes and use them or be left behind.
themissinglink
AG
triniaggie said:

Let us continue not to believe in NIL and transfer portal. That's just the way of life now.
Nonsense! Athletes would rather we spend the money improving our already great facilities than giving them gas/date money.
Z3phyr
themissinglink said:

triniaggie said:

Nonsense! Athletes would rather we spend the money improving our already great facilities than giving them gas/date money.
That is what a part time job at Brazos Running Co. is for lol
taylorswift13
AG
A proud sponsor of TexAgs they'll find the perfect running shoe for you
triniaggie
AG
Any updates on the replacement for Coach Brady?
Anyone knows who is being considered? Is a Clemson coach being considered?
Would one of the volunteer coaches become an assistant coach?
aggierun
With a couple of top notch multi's people coming this Fall, I would love to see Clemson's Joe Fox working with them!
hurdledog
gigem1966
I don't see a Joe Fox on the Clemson coaching staff. Their jumps/multi coach is Joe Davis and hasn't been a full time assistant long.
aggierun
Meant Joe Davis
TRM
AG
I don't think it's Davis. He's from the East coast, so I see him staying out there. I'd try to hire someone working under Dan Pfaff at ALTIS.

It's probably a former jumper/grad asst of Coach Henry at LSU - it seems like most of his hires have some sort of LSU connection. If he was cleared from the Arkansas ethics probe, Mario Sategna would be an interesting name. Will Williams does have the year of coaching experience required in the job description, but no experience coaching the vertical jumps.
triniaggie
AG

This is from Letsrun forum. Someone hinted that Mario might take over from Coach Brady. This would be very interesting

Quote:

Quote:

Any word on A&M jumps/multis?
Mario.
TRM
AG
Hey I know someone that mentioned that name.
taylorswift13
AG
That would be a solid replacement!! Our multis would be in good hands!
triniaggie
AG
Petros back to college coaching again. He is hired by Illinois. I wonder who is going to transfer to Illinois now. I wonder if he would keep Coach Hon.

Kyprianou Named Director of Illinois Track & Field and Cross Country - University of Illinois Athletics (fightingillini.com)
taylorswift13
AG
Cmon Petros steal people away from Florida and Georgia
Lemmys Rickenbacker
triniaggie said:

This is from Letsrun forum. Someone hinted that Mario might take over from Coach Brady. This would be very interesting

Quote:

Quote:

Any word on A&M jumps/multis?
Mario.

Nephew Mario Henry?
taylorswift13
AG
6988 points for Landon Helms to win another national title at the USATF Jr Olympic Championships! Didn't have his best pole vault day! But looked improved in the high jump, discus, and 1500! Could really see him near or above 7500 next year!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.