*****Track and Field 2022-2023*****

69,629 Views | 630 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by taylorswift13
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A week and a half before our first track meet, still no roster, still no article about our signees
aggierun
I just don't understand what's going on! Roster usually up by October. ALL the SEC schools (including future members Texas and Oklahoma) have had their rosters posted. It's easy to add or subtract members as roster changes. So why don't the Ags post "current" roster and make changes as the occur. I also don't understand their current schedule. Seem like Coach Henry has changed his philosophy about keeping the team at the same meet on any given weekend. And why does the schedule not reflect the meet in the Caribbean in late March.? like the roster I would think that changes to the schedule would be reflected. Will be interesting to see who the Ags take to Arkansas next weekend.
hurdledog
Ag4eva95
Looks like Bryce McCray from Georgia transferred to A&M. Just saw on Instagram. Sorry if it's repetitive!
taylorswift13
AG
cbmik95 said:

Looks like Bryce McCray from Georgia transferred to A&M. Just saw on Instagram. Sorry if it's repetitive!
this is a huge pickup! He can score in the hurdles and be a weapon on the 4x400 is needed! His dad was a champion here as well!!
taylorswift13
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CnAMLDMPrlN
Big Cat `93
AG
He's Danny's son? I feel so old.
taylorswift13
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CnADbPnLCta
taylorswift13
AG
Look at the last post I just shared, shows them two together and the last slide has his dads accomplishments here in Aggieland!
taylorswift13
AG
He should've always been an Ag
Anchorhold
Maybe we're only allowed to have so many Bryces on the roster at a time. One for throws and one on the track.
taylorswift13
AG
Indeed! And one Bryce(son) distance runner
https://12thman.com/sports/mens-cross-country/roster/bryceson-boss/11163
taylorswift13
AG
With the addition of McCray, that gives us a 400 hurdling trio of James Smith, Bryce McCray, and Kirk Collins… James Smith if he can stay healthy can become one of the nations top hurdlers, for sure top 5! McCray can drop below 50 seconds and Collins can as well! Losing Mpoke hurts but this is as good of a replacement as we can have and we have him for 3 seasons! I also think Kirk Collins is gonna have an exceptional year and burst onto the scene!
taylorswift13
AG
I'm only 23 so I'll have to wait a while to see a legacy of someone my age! Maybe Achane's boy in 16 years or can't wait for a Kerley to wear the maroon and white
Look Out Below
AG
It's possible they might still be waiting on more additions to the roster and want to release it once they know who they will have. The portal has made the summer and winter breaks much more interesting times!

My understanding is that there has been a lot of turnover in the SID office recently so that may have had an effect on some things. I'd expect that all to be rectified as the season begins. Just one week away!
taylorswift13
AG
That's great, I'm hoping it's because of transfers! I'm getting anxious, I'm impatient and need track content!
taylorswift13
AG
Sorry if I'm late to the party, but after getting hurt with a knee injury in football and it was believed his track season would be done with, Bryce Foster posted that he was throwing today! With no knee brace! Let's hope he's ready for outdoors! What a recovery, but it seems like he's been throwing for awhile! Braden give us an update!
triniaggie
AG
It seems like the media day is today so I guess they will have the photos to update the roster soon
triniaggie
AG
To compete next week the Aggies would have listed their roster on DirectAthletics

Roster Updated on DirecAthletics for the women.
All the freshmen and transfers are listed. It includes recent signees Joniar Thomas and Ruth Agadama

DirectAthletics

The men roster only have the 2023 returners and not the new and transfers athletes as yet.
I am still seeing Allon Clay on the roster. I thought he was no longer with the team

DirectAthletics
TRM
AG
I believe they need to be enrolled to be added to the roster.
triniaggie
AG
Yeah that is for the transfers but the freshmen like Landon Helms, Jaden Harris, Joshua English and others are not listed yet
Look Out Below
Look Out Below
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CnCz6qsvqyb
triniaggie
AG
Men's roster on DirectAthletics now updated to include athletes enrolled last fall

DirectAthletics
taylorswift13
AG
Not on the roster is Nick Mirabelli that's sad to see and the man has battled many injuries so I hope he gets better soon and can compete somewhere!
triniaggie
AG
@Taylor Do you know if Auhmad Robinson is in College Station yet and enrolled
triniaggie
AG
Here is my answer

https://instagr.am/p/CnFQsPCOcGe
taylorswift13
AG
Right on cue! It's about time he gets to run! Can't wait to see what he does!
taylorswift13
AG
I am now curious how our men's 4x400 will look like

Ashton Schwartzman
Chevannie Hanson
Omajuwa Etiwe
Auhmad Robinson

Cutler Zamzow
Eric Hemphill
Bryce McCray
Demarco Escobar

James Smith
Caden Norris
Sam Whitmarsh
Kirk Collins
taylorswift13
AG
Joshua English isn't listed on the roster either
triniaggie
AG

This is my Women's pre-season potentially NCAA indoor qualifiers for the Aggies.
Last year's qualifying mark/time is shown next to the event

60m - 7.23
Semira Kilebrew 7.18
Camille Rutherford 7.29

200m 23.25
Jania Martin 23.17 (Indoors)
Camryn Dickson 23.22 (outdoors)
Camille Rutherford 23.22 (outdoors)

400m 52.40
Tierra Robinson Jones 52.23 (Indoors)
Jermaisha Arnold 51.24 (Outdoors) 53.76 (Indoors)
Kennedy Wade 52.48 (Outdoors) 53.53 (Indoors)

800m 2.04.03
Bailey Goggans 2.05.40 (Indoors)
Sanu Jarrow 2.07.00 (Outdoors)

Long Jump 6.35m
Gauna Edwards 6.41m (Indoors) 6.51m (Outdoors)
Ruth Agadama 6.42m (Outdoors)
Jonia Thomas 6.32m (Indoors)

Triple Jump 13.36m
Lamara Distin 13.24 (Outdoors)

High Jump 1.83m
Lamara Distin 1.92m (Indoors) 1.97m (Outdoors)
Bara Sajdokova 1.82m (Indoors) 1.91 (Outdoors)

Pole Vault 4.36m
Heather Abadie 4.25m

Indoor Pentathlon 4099 points
G'Auna Edwards 4148 points
Looking to see what the other multi athletes Ally Andres and Joniar Thomas can do. These two can spring a surprise and qualify.

taylorswift13
AG
Expect a little shakeup distance wise, Alabama's distance coach accepts job at Florida! Will impact team standings based on who we recruits to go with him!
aggierun
Indoor roster is now also posted on tfrrs.org. No different from the Directathlectics site ( except they do list six freshman on the men's side as redshirting) While the women are not redshirting any on roster. A Robinson and B McCray are not listed.
hurdledog
Look Out Below
AG
Hemphill might be the best one in the bunch. Right now.
taylorswift13
AG
Listening to TexAgs radio Pat Henry said he expects Lamara Distin to jump 6'7, which is just insane! And he talked how he has seen a lot of progress out of Lianna Davidson in the javelin and James Smith in the hurdles! Them progressing and getting us points will be very important to any track chances! I can't wait for Friday!
triniaggie
AG
He also mentioned that we may not have Bryce Foster and Bryce McCray competing indoors

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.