Womens Tennis 2022

99,200 Views | 1354 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Gladiator 96
Chapa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4-5
aggiedrjdub
AG
4-5
Chapa96
AG
Mireles taking a medical TO
birdman
She is laying on her stomach. I can't really tell, but I think they're working cramps out of her legs.
RED AG 98
AG
did she take one early in the 3rd as well, like 1-2? Was another very long break and looked like the trainer was working on her knee or ankle. She was seated though not lying down like this.
birdman
Mireles should have broken her nearly every serve. We need one now.
birdman
Match point for OU
birdman
Damn
aggiedrjdub
AG
Sad to see it end. This team deserved better. Congratulations on an amazing season ladies! Gig'em!
rgleml
AG
It's over. It was a great season.
RED AG 98
AG
Damn
LatinAggie1997
AG
Well, proud of our ladies...expecting lots from the future.
taylorswift13
taylorswift13
AG
Thanks for hanging out all season everyone! It was a hell of a run!
gunan01
AG
I feel like this year anyone in the top 8 could've beaten anyone else. We needed a little luck to win the title. Between the match getting moved indoors and losing a few big points, it just wasn't our day.
aggiesherpa
AG
Great season everyone! This thread was top notch all year long!
Anchorhold
I am so proud of this entire team. Congrats on a hell of a season. Thanks for Gigging Them Aggies!
Now where do I get those SEC Champion x2 Final eight shirts?
Aggie Tennis
AG
Amazing season.

Bad match under unfortunate circumstances (indoors). Dominated at three lines. Lost the close doubles match, which we should have won, and both close singles matches.

We will be very good again next year.
Anchorhold
Also **** the ITA conspiracy and the ou meteorology department that invented a way to bring the ******* wind to "force" this match indoors. **** ***** the ****!
Chapa96
AG
Anchorhold said:

Also **** the ITA conspiracy and the ou meteorology department that invented a way to bring the ******* wind to "force" this match indoors. **** ***** the ****!

Duke and NC State are playing right now outdoors. So stupid!
mullokmotx
AG
I just came outside and was shocked to see Duke and NCSU playing second sets in singles. The OU player at #6 just never made any mistakes and wore Mireles out. McBryde and Pielet were unable to duplicate their performance against Florida at the SEC Tournament and that was the difference today.
RED AG 98
AG
mullokmotx said:

The OU player at #6 just never made any mistakes and wore Mireles out.
Agree with this. I don't know how many winners she hit but it wasn't many at all.
Anchorhold
Raising my coffee this morning to toast this team.
Chapa96
AG
WHAT A SEASON!! I have been an A&M Tennis fan since I was in school in the mid to late nineties. They broke all kinds of A&M records, won 2 SEC titles, and were 1 of the last 8 standing. This year was the most fun to follow. Maybe even more so when we got runner up. These girls has so much to be proud of and I hope they realize that. Last night just wasn't our night. The future really is bright. Next year we've got more studs coming in. Our singles lineup are half Freshman. They got a taste of what NCAA Championship tennis is all about and will be back hungrier!

Chapa96
AG
I've only been in TCU indoor courts but Illinois courts are nice. They even have a pro shop selling Univ of Illinois tennis attire. I can hardly find any A&M tennis gear. It is raining here this morning and looks to be all day. Mens and womens semis will be played indoors.
bigfoot10s
AG
Even though playing a team like Oklahoma was not ideal for us, the decision to play those matches indoors was the correct decision. From everything I have heard and people there on the team have told me, the wind was brutal all day until late last night which is why the fourth match went on outside.

Renee and Gianna did not play that well, Gianna missed a lot of opportunities in the middle of the court at the net that could have flipped that match really easily. Also, number one doubles getting off to a slow start did not help. They have not played a dominant match in a few weeks, and last night it just happen to be the wrong night for them to have a slow start.
Harry Dunne
First of all, great season. Mark and the girls should be very proud of themselves. I think we would win that match outdoors and the next two would have been coin flips, but we would have had a good chance.

There has been a lot of back and forth on here about indoor courts and a lot of people on here seem to not fully understand why having them on campus is important. Hopefully we all do now. These off campus ones are an improvement over nothing, but it's still not enough if we want to compete for championships. When you get to the best of the best, every little edge counts. Mark has gotten the program to the dance and now he needs the little things that it takes to win it. I doubt they will let us host SECs or NCAAs without indoors on campus. Why not take some of our millions and build not only 6, but 12 indoors and suddenly have the obvious choice to host all of these events?

I suspect Steve is riding off into the sunset soon and has been good for long enough that he would have fought this fight already if he could and Mark is a good soldier who does the best with what he's given and doesn't complain, but these programs need more. The outdoors needs a renovation. The indoors needs to be built. Bjork had a nice tweet about the team after the match, but I hope he puts his money where his mouth is.

Lots to look forward to. This program will get it done. Tatiana is irreplaceable. Hopefully the bottom getting stronger will even out her loss. Carson has the talent to be an NCAA champ, but she's got a lot of maturing to do. I'm most worried about losing Mark or Jordan to LSU. I'd love to see a contract extension announcement this week.

Great job and Gig 'em.
Chapa96
AG
bigfoot10s said:

Even though playing a team like Oklahoma was not ideal for us, the decision to play those matches indoors was the correct decision. From everything I have heard and people there on the team have told me, the wind was brutal all day until late last night which is why the fourth match went on outside.

Renee and Gianna did not play that well, Gianna missed a lot of opportunities in the middle of the court at the net that could have flipped that match really easily. Also, number one doubles getting off to a slow start did not help. They have not played a dominant match in a few weeks, and last night it just happen to be the wrong night for them to have a slow start.
Agreed! The wind was brutal. I am pretty there is a farm near by. It smells like a farm out here. Lol. Maybe it's their vet school.
bigfoot10s
AG
Mark isn't leaving. He loves it here. Pretty sure LSU reached out already.

I don't think Jordan leaves either. He's about to get married, and his fianc is an Aggie, and may be from CS? Can't recall.

They're a good team and they know it. I'd bet Mark and Bjork have already visited.
Divining Rod
Great job, Ags.

I dont frequent this board, but proud of this program and what the team did.

I agree we should spend some millions and build an indoor facility. Hope the program is rewarded!
sharpdressedman
Congratulations to the players and coaches on the best best season ever.
RodgerDodger
What a season! I don't agree with what some are saying that this is the best team in the history of Texas A&M Athletics. However, I do believe this is the most dominant team in the history of Texas A&M Athletics. Also, I am going to go out on a limb and say if we have an indoor tennis facility the likelihood of this team winning either the national indoors or the ncaa championships goes up quite significantly. Texas A&M was the only team in the men's or the women's elite 8, other than Pepperdine that has pristine weather every day of the year and also has no athletics department, has an indoor facility. Got to be on a level playing field with the competition to be the best.
Chapa96
AG
tu makes it to the finals with just freshman and sophomores in the lineup. Duke vs OU next.
Chapa96
AG
OU Defeats Duke. 4-3. Came down to line 6 again, she won 6-0 in the 3rd. I am at a loss for words. To think on how close we were and now I don't even want to go tomorrow to see either crowned the champions. ugh...
Aggie Tennis
AG
Chapa96 said:

OU Defeats Duke. 4-3. Came down to line 6 again, she won 6-0 in the 3rd. I am at a loss for words. To think on how close we were and now I don't even want to go tomorrow to see either crowned the champions. ugh...

Yes. We should be in the finals. Should have had doubles and won 5 of 6 first sets and let it slip away. Watching Duke, I think we take that and would matchup well tomorrow.

Hopefully we learn from it and come back stronger. Still a great season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.