Womens Tennis 2022

99,206 Views | 1354 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Gladiator 96
aggiesherpa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What a match! As I mentioned earlier, this match was closer than the final score indicates. Won multiple 3 set matches and multiple tiebreakers. A great team effort!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Think we'll squeeze on up to #11 now? (Rolling eyes emoji) lol
aggiedrjdub
AG
I like taking things from Georgia. It's fun.
aggiesherpa
AG
I was looking through some individual stats, and the middle of our singles lineup has been unbelievable. Tatiana is undefeated, Mary has lost once, and Jayci has lost twice. Cooked with strong doubles play, and that explains our record.
Chapa96
AG
aggiesherpa said:

I'll leave the updates to Chapa...always one step ahead.

Go Ags!!

Guess Im just a fast typer. Lol
aggiesherpa
AG
I blame it on watching a 3 month old baby....but excuses...
aggiedrjdub
AG
Another big match on Friday! Auburn coming in at #9
fightintxaggie10
AG
Does anyone that follows Collegiate Womens tennis closely know if we have a legit contender for a natty with this team? Seems like it, but sometimes there are huge gaps between the top 3-4 teams and everyone else. Ie womens soccer
Chapa96
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

Does anyone that follows Collegiate Womens tennis closely know if we have a legit contender for a natty with this team? Seems like it, but sometimes there are huge gaps between the top 3-4 teams and everyone else. Ie womens soccer
UNC will be tough to beat. tu won the whole thing last year with a VERY young team. They are strong but a slight less than last year. Pepperdine made it to the finals last year and are strong again this year. OU is surprising the hell out of me this year. They made it to the ITA indoors finals in beating tu and Pepperdine but then lost to UNC. They already beat tu twice this year. Cal beat us at the indoor ITA's this year and are strong but beatable. I dont know much about NC State but they made it to the Elite 8 or the Final 4 last year and are again strong this year.

But the Spring is basically set for outdoors, and as a tennis player myself, that is a HUGE difference. If we play like we did against Georgia, we can win the whole thing in my opinion and I will be there to watch it where Illini is hosting!

Ag4eva95
I agree with this. Pepperdine is stacked with all Americans via the transfer market. If they get hot, they could take down UNC. UNC is definitely the team to beat.

Other to keep on the radar:
- Sad to say but TU. They are young but obviously well coached. Joffe knows how to get his girls playing high quality tennis when they pressure is on.

- Oklahoma: great balance of senior leadership, great transfer market evaluations, and freshmen

- NC State: their team is similar to womens basketball. Great transfers, senior leadership, and really great coaching. On paper, A&M should destroy them, but they play smart and hard.

Ohio State: don't know much but UGA beat them 7-0, but it was at UGA

UVA: have a strong top 3, and then it crashes after that

UGA: they are a mix of stud freshmen and great seniors. I know we beat them convincingly but think they are still final 4 caliber good.

Stanford: watch out. They rarely win NCAAs as a #1 seed. They are still super talented
rugger74
AG
Still unhappy Joffe fled the Ags to tu.
bigboyaggie
Money talks
Harry Dunne
rugger74 said:

Why?

Weaver > Joffe in all aspects.
Ag4eva95
Agreed. Weaver seems to be a match made in heaven for A&M. Seems to be a lifer for the university. That's what you want. With the talent committed the next few classes, no denying the excitement about consistent top 10 teams!
Harry Dunne
I know he loves Texas A&M, but as well as he's doing, he will have plenty of opportunities to move on. If they want to keep him, they better take care of him better than they did Joffe.

Given the fact they won't even build on-campus indoor courts, I am not encouraged.
rugger74
AG
Harry Dunne said:

rugger74 said:

Why?

Weaver > Joffe in all aspects.
Joffe was building a winner and lost to ucla in the finals. sips just won it all and are doing well. I am happy with our staff now but joffe leaving at the time was a loss.
bigtimeag1977
We actually beat UCLA in the final four and lost to Stanford in the finals. Joffe did win the title last year with the horns. He has had two exceptional years. Nothing past the sweet 16 in all his other years. Pretty impressive, but it's not like he is putting together national title teams every year.
Hershey97
In the midst of a record setting year and the thread gets derailed into a conversation about a coach that left us 6 years ago. Why am I not surprised?

Big match this Friday at 5pm. BTHO Auburn!
aggiedrjdub
AG
USTA shows us at #6 now. Auburn at #11
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

USTA shows us at #6 now. Auburn at #11

Move up to 7 on ITA polls.
fightintxaggie10
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I know he loves Texas A&M, but as well as he's doing, he will have plenty of opportunities to move on. If they want to keep him, they better take care of him better than they did Joffe.

Given the fact they won't even build on-campus indoor courts, I am not encouraged.

Is that really the case? We need an indoor facility asap. I thought options were being weighed. Gotta look into this….
Chapa96
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Is that really the case? We need an indoor facility asap. I thought options were being weighed. Gotta look into this….

There are plans to build indoor courts along with the City of Bryan. Located somewhere, somehow near campus.
bigfoot10s
AG
Chapa96 said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

Harry Dunne said:

There are plans to build indoor courts along with the City of Bryan. Located somewhere, somehow near campus.

There is an indoor pickleball/tennis facility being built where the old Bryan Muni golf course was.

Not necessarily close. Definitely not on campus. Kind of a slap in the face to two perennial top 25 teams, usually in the top 15 or higher.
Aceswimmer09
Why on earth no build it next to the tennis center this is dumb
Valtrex11
LIke Klienecke move on we can find some new blood in a HC
mullokmotx
AG
Congratulations to Tatiana Makarova on being named the SEC Player of the Week and to Mary Stoiana on being named the SEC Freshman of the Week. Looking forward to the weekend matches.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anyone heading to the match today at 5:00?
mullokmotx
AG
Absolutely.
bigfoot10s
AG
Aceswimmer09 said:

Why on earth no build it next to the tennis center this is dumb

Because if they built it on campus, the athletic dept would have to actually foot the bill for it. They've shown they don't want to put any money into the tennis programs.

If someone else builds it, it costs A&M the bare minimum.
taylorswift13
AG
Doubles point is ours... anyone have any insight on Jayci and Tati's match?? A rare loss from them
taylorswift13
AG
Ladies singles looking good so far, keep it up Ags
taylorswift13
AG
Carson, Jayci, Gianna, and Katya all win set one!
taylorswift13
AG
Gianna wins

2-0 Ags
taylorswift13
AG
Carson wins

3-0 Ags
taylorswift13
AG
Aggies win again! Back to back top 10 wins!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.