Womens Tennis 2022

99,205 Views | 1354 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Gladiator 96
RodgerDodger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nobody should be defending how our tennis programs are not being taken care of. Texas A&M has a very outdated tennis facility. We are the only SEC school and also the only major Texas school that doesn't have an indoor facility. Here is another outrageous fact that I found in my 5 minute google search.
Women's Head Coaches Salaries
Georgia 325,000
LSU co-head coaches make 125,000 each totaling 250,000
Florida 245,000(plus $50,000 Nike contract)
Texas 215,000 before winning the national title so my guess is easily 250,000 now
South Carolina 195,000
Ole Miss 190,000
Texas Tech 185,000
Tennessee 160,000
Arkansas 160,000
Alabama 140,000
Texas A&M 135,000
Auburn 131,000
Kentucky 135,000
Miss State 125,000
bigfoot10s
AG
Gap said:

Isn't that what they are going to do in Bryan?

What does A&M Tennis need there permanently? Some duplicate practice equipment (and a storage room), a basic (secondary) training room, perhaps a lounge. I don't think you need separate men's and women's team locker rooms as this is not your primary space.

Save $10M here allows for $10M to spend elsewhere.

You're speaking like there's $10m to spend anywhere for tennis. There isn't.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I don't think facilities are the only reason teams/programs are successful. I mean, look at softball. They have great facilities and our softball program is basically non competitive in the SEC.

Have you spent any time forwarding these complaints to Bjork? It doesn't really do any good to debate the merits of facilities on this board. Not a lot we can do about it except support the coach and team and facilities we have. If you're a big donor, I'm sure they'd be happy to accept a donation for the building of a new indoor facility.

Do I agree that we need to upgrade our facilities? Yes. I'm not sure what the future plans are, but I would assume they know this as well.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Dubs puts us up 1-0 - let's rock n roll in singles!
taylorswift13
AG
Lines 1-4 all W's
aggiedrjdub
AG
Did they play a 3rd set tiebreaker at lines 5 and 6?
Chapa96
AG
I didnt see Jayci recognized being Senior day. I assme she's coming back?
bigfoot10s
AG
Yes if the match was already clinched and the third sets hadn't begun yet.
bigfoot10s
AG
Mark said on the cracked racquets podcast the other day that they were not honoring her because she hasn't decided.
Chapa96
AG
bigfoot10s said:

Mark said on the cracked racquets podcast the other day that they were not honoring her because she hasn't decided.

Ahhh...thanks.
bigfoot10s
AG
Chapa96 said:

bigfoot10s said:

Ahhh...thanks.

That being said, I bet she's back
Valtrex11
Unfortunately Coach Klienekce underperforms so the athletics department probably doenst care to put too much money into the tennis programs.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anyone have a ranking predictions? Stay at 6/7?
aggietennisfan
fightintxaggie10
AG
Valtrex11 said:

Unfortunately Coach Klienekce underperforms so the athletics department probably doenst care to put too much money into the tennis programs.

Lolz
Harry Dunne
aggiedrjdub said:

I don't think facilities are the only reason teams/programs are successful. I mean, look at softball. They have great facilities and our softball program is basically non competitive in the SEC.

Have you spent any time forwarding these complaints to Bjork? It doesn't really do any good to debate the merits of facilities on this board. Not a lot we can do about it except support the coach and team and facilities we have. If you're a big donor, I'm sure they'd be happy to accept a donation for the building of a new indoor facility.

Do I agree that we need to upgrade our facilities? Yes. I'm not sure what the future plans are, but I would assume they know this as well.
Probably time to move on from this topic, but that softball comparison is very shaky. Obviously facilities aren't the only thing, but by your logic since softball has nice things and doesn't do well, no one else should have nice things? Softball probably needs a new coach. Tennis has a great coach and now needs the facilities to match.

Isn't debating the merits of all things Aggie the whole point of this board. Have you ever read any of the other sports forums? 99% of this thread is just the few people that care about Aggie tennis blowing off steam, but administrators do read these forums. Between all the nut jobs that I'm sure email him, I seriously doubt Bjork is going to read and respond to an email about tennis facilities from a low-dollar donor, but I think it's a good sign that we have so much activity on here and who knows, maybe one of his underlings will get wind of this.

But no, being satisfied with the status quo and blindly supporting the teams is not all we can do. If that were the case, we'd still be a poor little military ag school that was little brother to longhorn. I will support our tennis teams regardless of where they are playing, but there is nothing wrong with a little healthy discussion about this type of stuff and there's nothing wrong with wanting tennis to have the same top of the conference level facilities that the other sports do.
Harry Dunne
RodgerDodger said:

Nobody should be defending how our tennis programs are not being taken care of. Texas A&M has a very outdated tennis facility. We are the only SEC school and also the only major Texas school that doesn't have an indoor facility. Here is another outrageous fact that I found in my 5 minute google search.
Women's Head Coaches Salaries
Georgia 325,000
LSU co-head coaches make 125,000 each totaling 250,000
Florida 245,000(plus $50,000 Nike contract)
Texas 215,000 before winning the national title so my guess is easily 250,000 now
South Carolina 195,000
Ole Miss 190,000
Texas Tech 185,000
Tennessee 160,000
Arkansas 160,000
Alabama 140,000
Texas A&M 135,000
Auburn 131,000
Kentucky 135,000
Miss State 125,000
It is a little bit embarassing that CSQ in her first year as a head coach is making more than Weaver though and these salaries are all chump change compared to other sports. A smart AD would spend 65 grand more (chump change to Aggie Athletics) and keep him near the top and happy.
aggietennisfan
That's funny!
carl spacklers hat
Harry Dunne said:

aggiedrjdub said:

Probably time to move on from this topic, but that softball comparison is very shaky. Obviously facilities aren't the only thing, but by your logic since softball has nice things and doesn't do well, no one else should have nice things? Softball probably needs a new coach. Tennis has a great coach and now needs the facilities to match.

Isn't debating the merits of all things Aggie the whole point of this board. Have you ever read any of the other sports forums? 99% of this thread is just the few people that care about Aggie tennis blowing off steam, but administrators do read these forums. Between all the nut jobs that I'm sure email him, I seriously doubt Bjork is going to read and respond to an email about tennis facilities from a low-dollar donor, but I think it's a good sign that we have so much activity on here and who knows, maybe one of his underlings will get wind of this.

But no, being satisfied with the status quo and blindly supporting the teams is not all we can do. If that were the case, we'd still be a poor little military ag school that was little brother to longhorn. I will support our tennis teams regardless of where they are playing, but there is nothing wrong with a little healthy discussion about this type of stuff and there's nothing wrong with wanting tennis to have the same top of the conference level facilities that the other sports do.
The topic of indoor courts has been around for years, though. At least since when my kid was going to Aggie Tennis Camp, and that was 8-10 years ago. Weaver was asking for support for an indoor tennis facility back then so it isn't like it's a new topic that has all the sudden become a focal point.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I've never said we don't deserve better facilities. My point is that sitting behind a computer and *****ing about them is ineffective. Make something happen if you can. Currently, I'm enjoying the run by our amazing team - not worried about facilities. I'll let administration figure that stuff out.
Harry Dunne
Sounds good, I will donate that spare $10M I have laying around.

Also I'm pretty sure the whole point of Texags is to sit behind a computer and ***** about Aggie sports. But I do enjoy the irony when people ***** about other people *****ing.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Glad I could add some ironic spice to your day. Looking forward to the new Harry Dunne Indoor Tennis Facility! Good bull - Gig'em!
Harry Dunne
I love it. Gig 'em right back atcha.
taylorswift13
AG
Fine fine I Taylor Swift will go on tour and raise money for the Taylor Alison Swift Indoor Tennis Complex
aggiedrjdub
AG
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Love to see this! Just gotta keep that top 8 seed heading into the NCAA's.
mullokmotx
AG
Congratulations to Carson Branstine on being named SEC Player of the Week and Mary Stoiana SEC Freshman of the Week.
aggiesherpa
AG
How many freshman of the week has Mary won now?

ETA: I count four times going through the SEC website. That's crazy, 4/11 weeks during conference play, she has been the freshman of the week.
aggiedrjdub
AG
What are expecting out of this match vs LSU today?
bigfoot10s
AG
7-0, obviously

Never easy to win on the road, but I think we are focused on the end prize.
Harry Dunne
We're too good to lose to LSU, but I think this is one of those trap matches where LSU will play like their lives depend on it while our girls will overlook them a bit despite the coaches warning them that LSU has talent. So I predict it being a little hairier than expected.
Anchorhold
aggiedrjdub said:

What are expecting out of this match vs LSU today?

First I expect to take the doubles point.
Last I expect some LSU collegues to wonder why I'm trash talking to them on a friday afternoon in the spring.
taylorswift13
AG
Doubles point is ours, waters wet... what's new
bigfoot10s
AG
Harry Dunne said:

We're too good to lose to LSU, but I think this is one of those trap matches where LSU will play like their lives depend on it while our girls will overlook them a bit despite the coaches warning them that LSU has talent. So I predict it being a little hairier than expected.

Respectfully….I hope you've never been more wrong in your life!
bigfoot10s
AG
5-0 so far, great win!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.