***** Formula 1 - 2021 Season *****

186,145 Views | 2957 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MichaelMasi
Enviroag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Russell vs Max pole laps...pretty awesome analysis.

Gladiator 96
AG
The weekend is here! Aggie Football and Formula 1 racing at Zandvoort!
Enviroag02
AG
Hamilton with an engine failure in FP2. He's maxed out on power unit replacements without penalty this year.
NewOldAg
AG
Enviroag02 said:

Hamilton with an engine failure in FP2. He's maxed out on power unit replacements without penalty this year.

Oh, that will make things interesting.
Vernada
AG
I'm not a fan of the rumor that Albon might be back in F1. To me, he's had his chance and it's time for someone else to get a seat.

When he was crying about Gasly 'racing me so hard' in 2020, that was the end of him for me.
gggmann
AG
Vernada said:

I'm not a fan of the rumor that Albon might be back in F1. To me, he's had his chance and it's time for someone else to get a seat.

When he was crying about Gasly 'racing me so hard' in 2020, that was the end of him for me.
The fact that Albon is Thai (even if he's spent his life in Britain) is really attractive to Red Bull from a marketing standpoint. Although it is an Austrian company it has its origins in Thailand.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
I will at least give Albon the benefit of the doubt of the RB car. In 2019 and 2020, it had a very unstable rear end. Even Max would bin it from time to time, but for a rookie that plus the gap absolutely destroyed his confidence. I think to a point Albon isn't as bad of a driver as he looked. Vettel looked abysmal last year, but has looked pretty decent for Aston Martin. Some drivers perform better in different types of machines and F1 cars are very unequal. Look at Ricciardo and his struggles this year, but he looked fantastic in the Renault last year.

I question whether this is releasing Albon from his RB contract or if RB will be giving Williams a kickback for running him. That could be a piece of the puzzle too.
AgGrad99
AG
Sounds like Red Bull wants him at Williams...but Mercedes is pushing their Dutch driver (Nyck something) because Williams uses a Mercedes engine.

Curious how it all works out.
Gladiator 96
AG
Kimi Raikonnen out of Dutch GP with COVID positive test. Robert Kubica will drive in his place.
Enviroag02
AG
Perez eliminated in Q1
Gladiator 96
AG
Gio gets P4 in Q1.
Gladiator 96
AG
Q2 red flagged twice as both Williams cars crash.
cap-n-jack
Mazepin is dangerous. Doesn't belong on the grid.
Old RV Ag
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Russian pay driver - ridiculous
cap-n-jack
P1 for Max. That was a quick lap.
Short track but the banking is pretty cool.
Vernada
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

Gio gets P4 in Q1.

It's a shame he'll probably lose his seat after this season. I hope not but
NewOldAg
AG
cap-n-jack said:

And then goes and complains about team priority as his defense. That's not a great look.
m-walker
AG
If you never make it to Q2 shouldn't be allowed out in the last five min of Q1.
gggmann
AG
I hope I'm wrong, but I think for the race the only chance we have of seeing some excitement is if we see some extreme tire degradation. There is absolutely no place to overtake on the track.
F1_Aggie_Fan
AG
I have a feeling that there will be a red flag during tomorrow's race because the barriers seem so close to the track that they need repair if anyone goes off.
Jsimonds58
AG
Only place on video games is around that final corner and down the main straight
Vernada
AG
gggmann said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I think for the race the only chance we have of seeing some excitement is if we see some extreme tire degradation. There is absolutely no place to overtake on the track.

Agreed. I think tire strategy and under/over cut will be where the drama is tomorrow.
mts6175
AG
Enviroag02 said:

Isn't Verstappen on his last gearbox also?
La Fours
AG
I haven't seen anything about gearboxes, only engines. But that wouldn't surprise me.
F1_Aggie_Fan
AG
How many laps behind will the Haas cars be at the end of the race?
aggiejumper
AG
2. Safety car will help
Gladiator 96
AG
Time for the Oranje love fest to begin
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Mercedes trying everything possible to gang up on and out strategy Max. I really like Perez but there have been multiple races he just didn't get it together in qualifying and Mercedes had a 2 on 1 advantage at the front to play strategy games with.

That being said Max is just too fast so far
cap-n-jack
I guess they didn't have a choice but not crazy about Max on hards to the end. I think that's an opening for Louis.
Gladiator 96
AG
Congratulations to Max for the big home track win !!
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Awesome scene
La Fours
AG
Lol at Merc telling Bottas to slow down after putting him on softs. Even after he slowed, still had fastest lap for a bit.

Man, Checo really needs to do better in qualifying. He started the race from the pit and finished 8th. The dude can drive. Seems odd that a driver with his experience, struggles with consistency.
Vernada
AG
It all worked out but a weird strategy for Mercedes at the end.
nai06
AG
Bottas has to be pissed. He keeps getting hamstrung by Mercedes
La Fours
AG
I look forward to the last few races if this kind of situation comes up again. Because if it were me in Bottas shoes, I don't know that I would be a good teammate.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.