***** Formula 1 - 2021 Season *****

186,144 Views | 2957 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MichaelMasi
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another good one from Driver 61

tk for tu juan
Makes one wonder if Red Bull was looking at a similar reduction in stiffness of the wing element, so they knew what to look for
gggmann
AG
RIP Sir Frank Williams
cap-n-jack
"Sir Frank founded the Williams team in 1977, remaining team principal until 2020, and in that period he oversaw their journey to becoming one of Formula 1's most iconic and successful outfits of all time, winning the Constructors' Championship nine times and the Drivers' title on seven occasions.

Having used a wheelchair since 1986 due to a car accident, Sir Frank relinquished his place on the Williams board in 2012 as he began to reduce his workload in Formula 1, at which point his daughter Claire became the family representative on the board."
Gladiator 96
AG
I still remember watching this live...

nai06
AG
I was watching on an hour delay and had avoided spoilers. I thought I had just watched someone die and apparently my wife already knew he was okay. After 5 minutes she told me he was still alive and it was such a relief
jorgerr96

HWA just announced Logan Sargeant is driving for them this weekend. Logan's first F2 race, hopefully this leads to a full time seat for 2022.

If you don't follow feeders, he is the US driver that Williams signed for their Academy during USGP weekend.

EDIT:

Well damn now Doohan is driving this weekend as well. Runner up for the F3 title. Can't miss weekend for F2, plus that title is still up for grabs.
tk for tu juan
PJYoung
AG
AgGrad99
AG
holy cow...that article. It's like they held a writing contest for Hamilton fan boys...
Quote:

And for a fraction of a second, as his eyes drifted into the middle distance of that recollection, Hamilton was no longer the multimillionaire driver. He was no longer the maestro surrounded by the most sophisticated engineering team in F1. Instead, he was the kid from the council estate in Stevenage, the youngster who had faced serial racial abuse, the boy with no money in his bank account but a father possessed of all the hope and love in the world. It was a beautiful and revelatory moment.
*barf*
Quote:

Given Hamilton's nationality, perhaps I am instinctively on the side of Mercedes
ya think?

Quote:

I suspect that most objective observers would acknowledge that he and Wolff have acted with greater class than their counterparts of Horner and Verstappen. It is not just the latter's driving that has crossed boundaries, but his behaviour too: his unwillingness to check on the condition of Hamilton after the crash in Italy, his breach of the rules by touching the Mercedes car in Brazil, his hypocrisy in complaining about Hamilton's "dangerous move" at Silverstone. The *****liness of Horner, who is clearly feeling the pressure, has reached epidemic proportions. The ambition to win is admirable, but there is surely something to be said about the manner in which it is done.
unwillingness to check Hamilton?..who was furiously trying to reverse and get back on the track? What about Hamilton running around with the flag and overly-celebrating his win, while Max was in the hospital after getting put into the wall? Multiple drivers commented about that. *****liness of Horner? As if Toto hasn't been complaining?...his interview with Brundle a couple weeks ago was a little '*****ly' I'd say.

I 'suspect most objective' observers think they've both been competitive, a little '*****ly', and it's given the fans a great season.

Edit: 'p-rickly' is the word being edited
texags08
AG
Merc only come off as professional when they are winning and everything is going their way. During the middle of the year when they were lagging behind all you heard from them was whining, passive aggressive remarks about RB cheating, and Hamilton not taking ownership for any of his shortcomings.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I just wish the races would be close. Last race was a snoozer due to Max's penalty. The week before that was cool for a bit. RB is getting shafted on the 'luck' right now, Lewis got the pace car two weeks ago to help out.. max is not getting the return favor.
Gladiator 96
AG
Ready for an action-packed weekend to help fill the void of no Aggie Football. It looks like all sessions will happen during American waking hours so we will be able to watch everything.

Lots of storylines and possibilities over this and next weekend!
lunchbox
Gladiator 96
AG
Preview of Jeddah circuit lap ...

Gladiator 96
AG
A little fun with Carlos Sainz ...

WC87
AG
Would have liked to seen the reveal of Sainz at the end.
'03ag
Same. And no sped up footage. I wanted to see him reel in the leaders.

That was a straight up bully pass for the lead. Love it
AgGrad99
AG
That was fun to watch, thanks for posting.

I was at K1 Speed last week with my boys, and my wife said...'you were pretending you were an F1 driver weren't you?'

texags08
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I was at K1 Speed last week with my boys, and my wife said...'you were pretending you were an F1 driver weren't you?'

My wife asks that question anytime she rides with me.
'03ag
AgGrad99 said:

my brother in law's bachelor party involved a group party at K1. There were 3 "qualifying" sessions and then a full on race with podium ceremony. Really fun way to kick off the day. My first place trophy now lives on the guest bedroom night stand for when they come to visit.
Gladiator 96
AG
FP1 now underway
Gladiator 96
AG
Early feedback on Jeddah

AgGrad99
AG
Is Mercedes supposed to have the advantage this week? Looks like a long/straightish track, which I'd think would help them.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Watching practice now. This track is sweet. Good add. Quatar was boring. We've been over due for a 'tight track' like Singapore.
Gladiator 96
AG
LeClerc just bit it hard at Turn 22. Thank God he is okay though.
aggiejumper
AG
30ft deep of soft barriers is a life saver
mts6175
AG
Saw this earlier: Onboard lap with the safety car.

https://instagr.am/p/CW_nKqBNmEY
Charlie Conway
AgGrad99 said:

Is Mercedes supposed to have the advantage this week? Looks like a long/straightish track, which I'd think would help them.

I think it's pretty clear Merc have had the advantage from Brazil until the end of the season. Of course anything is possible but Red Bull are really on the back foot right now
tailgatetimer10
AG
AgGrad99 said:

0.4 ish faster in P1.. not that means anything, but early indicator
tailgatetimer10
AG
~0.2 ish faster in P2
cap-n-jack
I've only watched some of the videos from today's practice but this looks like a really tight track for a purpose built circuit. It is purpose built isn't it?
La Fours
AG
I thought it was a street circuit. But haven't watched anything from today's practices.
lunchbox
cap-n-jack said:

I've only watched some of the videos from today's practice but this looks like a really tight track for a purpose built circuit. It is purpose built isn't it?
They said portions are streets and portions were created specifically for the circuit. So, its a mix of both.
aggiejumper
AG
0.2 faster can be made up on a circuit this long. Tomorrow will be fun to watch.

Need everyone to keep it off the barriers though. Seems a high risk high reward track.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.