Outdoors
Sponsored by

Flying is outdoors

203,234 Views | 1402 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by HarleySpoon
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
average_joker
AG
HarleySpoon said:

Shot in the dark here: Anyone know of a CFI in the north Texas area wanting to build flight hours quickly?

My early 20's son owns a nice 182 with a mostly glass cockpit and three axis autopilot. He has just over 500 hours with his instrument rating, high performance, and multi-engine. About 150 of those hours are operating a different 182 in an air tour operation. We don't want him to instruct. $70/hr to build time with him.

What's wrong with instructing?
HarleySpoon
AG
average_joker said:

HarleySpoon said:

Shot in the dark here: Anyone know of a CFI in the north Texas area wanting to build flight hours quickly?

My early 20's son owns a nice 182 with a mostly glass cockpit and three axis autopilot. He has just over 500 hours with his instrument rating, high performance, and multi-engine. About 150 of those hours are operating a different 182 in an air tour operation. We don't want him to instruct. $70/hr to build time with him.

What's wrong with instructing?
Instruction can be great. Our nephew with 200 total hours just passed his CFII and is about to start instructing to build hours. He wants to instruct and is not anxious to get to the airlines.

However, we all have our own personal experiences that influence our decisions. During my own pp training, my first instructor died in an aviation accident while instructing. While our son was doing his pp training, an instructor from a different program died at his field in an aviation accident while instructing.

In a previous life, I operated a fleet of 150 business jets. My BIL is a check airman on a 747 for a large operator. We are an aviation family, and our son has the opportunity to build his hours quickly in his own aircraft on long cross-country flights into a wide variety of locations on his own schedule while attending university full time online. We believe that establishing seniority sooner will be invaluable across the many cycles of the aviation industry that our son is bound to experience. We all wish we would have had this opportunity.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.