Outdoors
Sponsored by

From the stand!

180,951 Views | 1295 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jpb1999
texag_89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So '17 and '20 are in the stand for the 1st time as Thanksgiving hunts did not pan out.

51 degrees and a moderate South wind in Coke County.

_89
HTownAg98
Southern Medina County. I very nice 10 pt that will go 160-165, and 22 turkeys.
dodger02
AG
Gillespie County

Probably got my last hunt in this morning. Took my 6 y/o daughter and took a young buck. Love taking my youngest to the lease. She's awesome in the stand.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Bucks are running does hard in LaSalle County over the past couple days. Chasing, fights, bucks acting as if humans are invisible, it's all happening.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Fayette county
52* drizzling and slight westish wind

Still have a 13in plus tag to fill but I will drop a spike if I see one before Sunday

Got my coworker and her husband in a stand and hopefully she can get her first deer this morning and finish our doe tags.

Good luck and happy new year
GSlice06
AG
It's raining and 52 in wilson co, 15 doe, 5 bucks and a big ass sow at daybreak. Hoping for a big one to walk out or it's culling time.

Good luck hunters
AgBass01
AG
55 and rainy in DeWitt County. A sow and piglets came out as soon as the feeder went off. Daughter tried shooting the sow and missed. Hoping things settle back down and some deer will show now. This is the last sit of the year. I poured half a bag of corn out last night all around the feeder and every bit of it is gone, damn hogs must have hit it.
txaggie02
AG
Couple pics through the binos...

And a decent buck with some character that one of the guys shot yesterday...

spud1910
AG
50 and cloudy in rusk county. One coyote but no deer so far.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
My young 10pt is here. He has a lot of potential.

AgBass01
AG
Got a steady rain coming down now. Both kids are under blankets and out, something about the sound of rain on a tin roof knocks you out. Hope the rain lets up and something walks out.
ghollow
AG
Beautiful morning in Callahan county. Breezy and 52 degrees. A lot of deer moving around but no shooters yet.
Big Bucks
AG
On and off drizzle in Polk County. No deer yet but I have busted a cap in two coyotes. One at 250 yards.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
From my Thursday afternoon hunt through the binoculars, less the last one:

Then this sow walked out and was scared of the aoudad. He didn't run off after I shot her. Stayed and ate for 45 mins.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Yesterday morning, which was supposed to be a short hunt and the last hunt of the year, this crappy buck walks out running a doe hard. After two minutes of watching him push the 3.5 9 & 10s I had that were interested in her as well, I decide that he needed to die.

I had him at 3.5 but he jaw aged at 4.5 and his weight falls in line with a 4.5 post rut buck for our place. Either way, more food and better genetics for our deer herd.

thirty-two
AG
Back at it for the 5th time in 3 days. Doss, TX, 71 degrees, slight breeze. Feels nice. Going to take a doe unless a big boy walks out. Last deer I took was on the night a Kyle Allen lead Aggie team won on the road at Auburn.
SanAntoneAg
AG
So you shot the hog and she kept on eating at the feeder for 45 minutes before dropping dead?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
She = sow
He = Aoudad

He.... didn't run off
Rachel 98
AG
I read it the same way and was laughing my head off!
SanAntoneAg
AG
Reading comprehension!
Rachel 98
AG
I have been sitting in my tree stand in Lee County for about 2 hours. I can't believe deer season is almost over. I just discovered hunting about 6 weeks ago and I'm completely addicted.
I've been watching and listening to a group of 6 bucks sparring for the last 30 minutes. Can't think of a better way to spend my NYE! Going to try to kill some hogs tonight.
Lungblood
Sean98
AG
My antlered season is officially over. Didn't see a single mammal tonight. Good riddance to a terrible deer season. Rot in Hell, 2016.
Lungblood

The OB and the zoo would both do well to heed the words of Gus.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Last deer hunt of the season for me.

Due to the available nutrition and me being lazy I shot a spike opening weekend and a few does. This was a terrible season. I'm only seeing a deer or 2 each hunt and I only saw 1-2 legal 13in bucks that would be right at 13. This is also the first year I did not see any hogs. They are all pretty much nocturnal
Rachel 98
AG
What county are you in?
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Fayette
Rachel 98
AG
I'm in Lee and my cameras are full of nighttime hog pictures but even when I sit out here until midnight or 1 they don't show up. Ugh.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
I just had a sounder run out of the brush and then back in

Also have 2 trashy small bucks just walk out.

I have one doe tag left, and a tag for a spike or 13in+ buck. I need something to happen
Rachel 98
AG
I just saw my buck with the weird antlers that I posted a picture of back on page 31. He's not legal though. Other than that NADA.
spud1910
AG
No action here.
Rachel 98
AG
I think everything around here is sleeping in after being kept awake all night by firecrackers.
t_engler2001
AG
Looking for some venison for the freezer. Only a 4 pointer that was run off by a hog real early. Hog is gone but no deer since. My son is going to have to clean up during the youth extended season.
Rachel 98
AG
Just had a chance with one small boar, one small sow, and three tiny babies. But something spooked them off before I could get my gun into position.
htxag09
AG
Hardest I've ever hunted and didn't see a single deer. They stayed nocturnal all year. No more east Texas hunting for me. Now to find a lease for next year....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.