Outdoors
Sponsored by

From the stand!

180,870 Views | 1295 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jpb1999
Sean98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beautiful deer.
shaynew1
AG
Home and all boxed up. Had to drag him a long damn way to not track up the oats. I caped him but can't decide what I want to do w him.

Little bullet waxed him pretty good. Not exactly sure on distance but was far enough away that I clearly heard the pop after the report...I figured it was about as far as I can hit a golf ball.

Chickenhawk
Nice
AgEng06
AG
AGC bino harness
shaynew1
AG
Ya I can fit a truckload of stuff in it
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Nice deer man.
AgEng06
AG
I have the CUB Max, which I think is one size smaller than yours (yours appears to be the Classic) and love it. It's all I carry when bow hunting and I can take everything I need with me.
shaynew1
AG
Gracias everyone.

I had the cub last year swapped for this one because I wanted to have more stuff on me during my backpack hunt. Added a fhf rangefinder case and I can carry more stuff than I need to. Only have 10x40s so in the Bino pocket I carry gloves, clothes, face mask, anything soft under my binos. Probably add one more fhf pocket for my phone since I be usin that as my gps and it gets sweaty in my pocket Westin up them mountains.
mattyd383
AG
Day 2 in Kentucky. Was snowing when I went to the stand now it's all rain. Happy to be in a box blind. Happier to be in the woods
AgsMnn
AG
Got off work today. But have yet to see anything. Still beats being in the office
phdag
AgsMnn said:

Got off work today. But have yet to see anything. Still beats being in the office

Amen to that!
Knucklesammich
Was so happy to be out of the office yesterday I started my afternoon hunt at 1pm.

Back out for a Friday-Monday hunt.
highvelocity
AG
Headed to wise county this evening. Hogs deer and turkey are moving. Hopefully the slight cool front will pay dividends.
Sean98
AG
Decided that if I let my staff go home early it would make them happy and possible get me in a stand by magic time, so WinWin!

I'm in the same area where I saw the Big 9 breed a doe on Sunday. Overcast and blustery. Wind is doing me no favors but maybe we'll get lucky.

Happy Almost Turkey Day to everyone and be safe in your travels this week!
giddings_ag_06
AG
Sean98 said:

Decided that if I let my staff go home early it would make them happy and possible get me in a stand by magic time, so WinWin!

I'm in the same area where I saw the Big 9 breed a doe on Sunday. Overcast and blustery. Wind is doing me no favors but maybe we'll get lucky.

Happy Almost Turkey Day to everyone and be safe in your travels this week!
Shooting to get lucky with the same doe?

I kid. Good luck.
SanAntoneAg
AG
In a duck blind on the upper Laguna.

Should be fishing instead!
Sean98
AG
More power to him if he does as long as I get to kill him afterwards
Moxie
AG
Finally. South Franklin county
Lungblood
shaynew1 said:

Home and all boxed up. Had to drag him a long damn way to not track up the oats. I caped him but can't decide what I want to do w him.

Little bullet waxed him pretty good. Not exactly sure on distance but was far enough away that I clearly heard the pop after the report...I figured it was about as far as I can hit a golf ball.

Holy crap... You really ARE from Groesbeckistan!
dkoslov
My company let me off early today and I took advantage of it to go sit in the blind. Already got my buck tag filled for the year so I was hoping for some kind of action. I was on texags and just looked up and there was a bobcat walking down the road in front of me and I popped him. My first predator kill!
shaynew1
AG
I've unapologetically let the beard go to spice up some New Year's Eve wedding party pictures
shaynew1
AG
Measured 20.5 inches inside. Mostly I don't worry about inches but decided to mount him and my taxi wanted to know when I dropped him off
Lungblood
Nice deer. Gotta put an old family farm & ranch deer like that on the wall, esp from that part of the world... No offense intended.
shaynew1
AG
Ya we kill an alright one sometimes in this part of the world

AgEng06
shaynew1
AG
Didn't mean to come across as an old ******r.

No offense taken
Lungblood
Well raise my rent!
bigfoot10s
AG
Nice deer Groesbeck!!
shaynew1
AG
Dang I've tomahawked my internet anonymity
highvelocity
AG
Saw a cluster of gobblers come to the feeder right as I got to the blind. No other activity though. Going to make some venison poppers and try to call in some yotes tonight with the ol fox pro

Happy holidays gents
Log
AG
Lungblood said:

Nice deer. Gotta put an old family farm & ranch deer like that on the wall, esp from that part of the world... No offense intended.
Truf.

These aren't the biggest ever, but I took them of the family farm in Cooke County that has been in the family over 100 years. It made the news when my grandparents saw a deer.

shaynew1
AG
It's cool to think of a bunch of relatives eating the same deer off the same place 100 years ago.
sjislepilot
AG
Neck shot?
shaynew1
AG
No sir, I am not a neck guy. I had just pulled the hide down to his front shoulders so you can't see them.
shaynew1
AG
Poor story telling w my photography I guess

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.