Outdoors
Sponsored by

From the stand!

180,891 Views | 1295 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jpb1999
AggieAces06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trying out a different stand tonight. I don't normally hunt this end of the place. My dad does and he seems to see a lot of bucks, so I'm giving it a try.

Feeder should go off in a few.
rollingwoodaggie
Sitting in a blind in Burnet county. Nothing yet and not real optimistic
87IE
AG
I'm a guest so I'm looking for a doe. A nice one pops up across the fence eating acorns. Hopefully she's waiting for the feeder to go off and will cross over.

For the record the fence is about 300 yards away so it's not "right on the fence line." It may be the same property but since I don't know I won't shoot.
fcag
AG
Polk county. Haven't seen anything moving the last two days. Probably doesn't help that the neighbors like to pop off a dozen rounds every thirty minutes.
aggie_wes
AG
Back at it in Young county. Sitting the stand where I have a big 10 pt on camera. Hopefully he will come out to play in the next hour or two.
Chipotlemonger
AG
AgEng06 said:

Had to break out the rifle this evening. I only have 2 hunts left and need another deer. My bow stands aren't producing.
Good luck.
txaggie02
AG
Giving the ducks a break this evening. In the river bottom bow stand looking for this funky guy. He's no monster but for some reason, he gives me a little chubby. Been on the camera 2 of the past 5 days but unfortunately, I got into the woods late this evening. Hopefully he hasn't already come and gone.

HTownAg98
Got a 3.5 year old cull 8 that needed to die. Big deer. Fat. No spread. A real loser.
Making deer great again.
AggieAces06
AG
I've had a small spike hanging out since 5:00. He never brought any friends over. Maybe the morning will be better.

Tomorrow night I'm going to sit in a pop up blind we set up off a game trail with lots of pig signs.
Mathguy64
AG
Nada. Been a frustrating year.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks. Ended up shooting a "management" 8 pt we'd been eyeing for a while.
Chazz03
AG
6 more doe off our place. Counted 50 or so on the wheat field last evening
phdag
Back for more. 53 degrees nice and calm. Dark.. today is the day!!
wareagle044
43 degrees and laying in the grass across creek from feeder because I could hear lots of action Toward the feeder. I'm concealed by a large tree trunk laid out across the ground and cover blown by the horses coming up to the fence line to see wtf I am doing. I hope the biggest, bravest buck is still standing over there when light hits in a little less than 45 min. Otherwise I'll be unloading the game cam to see what could've been...
MPD280
Got busted walking out to my blind, but it's been 30 minutes and another 30 to wait. Hopefully I didn't ruin things already.
Super dark and 48 with a light breeze.
Mathguy64
AG
Got a late start this morning. Didn't hit the blind until 6:30. 55 degrees and clammy out in Mont Co with some light fog.
phdag
Hot damn first deer at the feeder. Little nub buck. Too small to shoot but the schnide is over!!!
Poeag
AG
Sitting in the blind with looking over a good sized field. However, my dad didn't get a chance to shred this year, so it'd have to be a really tall rack to see it
phdag
Ha horny little bugger. Just keeps circling the pen around where I dropped the estrus. He won't leave and hes not eating
Knucklesammich
Rained out this morning in Coleman County. I'll hit the stand early this afternoon since the moon is up
aggie_wes
AG
Hunting partner woke me up WAY late. Just got into the blind.
Lungblood
Rained out... Bout to fry up some quail for breakfast. Murca!
tlh3842
AG
Take your azz back to south Texas and leave those deer for us poor folks with nowhere else to hunt but Brazos County
tlh3842
AG
Sounds like some folks may be duck hunting on the edge of our woods, about to go investigate. Have only seen a coyote so far this morning in Brazos county.
bigfoot10s
AG
aggie_wes said:

You obviously have a phone, why didn't you set your own alarm??
bigfoot10s
AG
tlh3842 said:

Sounds like some folks may be duck hunting on the edge of our woods, about to go investigate. Have only seen a coyote so far this morning in Brazos county.

Didn't shoot it? I'm always up for shooting a coyote.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
In fayette county

Waiting to see a deer, or anything for that matter
aggie_wes
AG
bigfoot10s said:

aggie_wes said:

You obviously have a phone, why didn't you set your own alarm??

I should have. We discussed it prior to turning in and he assured me he would wake me up by 0600
ghollow
AG
Here in Callahan county it is nice and cool and overcast. Deer and turkey are on the move this morning but no shooters yet
AggieAces06
AG
Shot at a big pig shortly after the feeder went off. He ran into the bushes, so I'll confirm that kill later.

Let a younger 8 point live another day.

Now just waiting to see if anymore pigs pop out, or a good cull deer.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Watched a nice 8 off my back porch while I'm drinking coffee
htxag09
AG
Whelp so far still a big goose egg. Thought this morning was going to be it with the dark night and overcast skies....

Also doesn't help that one of our lease members shows up for his first time and immediately tries to tell the three of us that have been here every weekend since opening bow weekend what we're doing wrong...
Chickenhawk
Midday stand. I'll hang around til 1. Intel says if they ain't here by 12:15, they ain't coming. We shall see.
Lungblood
Just climbed in my tripod since the rain finally stopped. It was coolish and dreary yesterday afternoon but the action was good... 10 does and fawns, 3 bucks and 13 toms. Never seen that many toms in one spot on this place. Should be another snappy spring season.

Really just looking for a fat pig now.
txags92
AG
Finally popped "Lucky" this morning on my in-law's place near Bergheim. He got his name about five years ago as a young yearling 4pt. I was sitting watching the area near our stock tank and had decided I was only going to shoot does that season. He spent two days walking around snorting at me, stamping his feet, and generally scaring off any doe that might have considered coming by, all from about 40yds away. I named him Lucky then because if I hadn't decided to only shoot does, he would have taken a dirt nap just for annoying the crap out of me. Over the last couple of years he got more wary and less likely to stick his head out in the open much when I was out there with a rifle. He was actually a ten point last year, but I never saw him in a location where I could get a clean shot at him. This year he was a nice wide 8, and it was his time. 17.5" inside spread on him, not bad for a low fence hill country deer sharing most of his territory with goats.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.